So how old are most solo cruisers??

ChrisInRowX

Well after reading all the positive comments about solo cruising, I'm ready to book one. I think I'll look into one for 2014, since I already have one booked for Dec with my mom. The reason why I'm looking into solo cruise is becuz it's hard to get my family to go with me. Everyone has so many excuses why they can't go, or responsibilities.

I'm 43, the only one in my family w/out kids, so I'll just have to go at it alone. Besides I think I luv cruising more than they do. Have no friends that would go with me. I am definitely looking fwd to start doing this next year.

Well after reading all the positive comments about solo cruising, I'm ready to book one. I think I'll look into one for 2014, since I already have one booked for Dec with my mom. The reason why I'm looking into solo cruise is becuz it's hard to get my family to go with me. Everyone has so many excuses why they can't go, or responsibilities.

I'm 43, the only one in my family w/out kids, so I'll just have to go at it alone. Besides I think I luv cruising more than they do. Have no friends that would go with me. I am definitely looking fwd to start doing this next year.

I'm also 43, single and no kids. I made the leap and cruised alone last summer and LOVED it. I booked another solo cruise for myself this December. Unfortunately, I have suddenly have friends and family come out of the woodwork and want to go on that one with me. Go figure! I think next time I book one for myself I'm not going to tell anyone! lol.

Book that trip for 2014 and go have fun!

Tracy

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm also 43, single and no kids. I made the leap and cruised alone last summer and LOVED it. I booked another solo cruise for myself this December. Unfortunately, I have suddenly have friends and family come out of the woodwork and want to go on that one with me. Go figure! I think next time I book one for myself I'm not going to tell anyone! lol.

Book that trip for 2014 and go have fun!

Tracy

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thx Tracy. Living in FL also makes it so much easier to get to the ports. Closest port is an hour. The furthest, which would be Miami is about 3.5 hrs. So easy driving all around. I'm looking right now to see what's available for my b'day next May.

I'm 22 and have normally cruised with friends/family but I've decided recently to take a solo cruise. I'm anxious to see how many people my age will be on the cruise seeing how it's in December. I like having alone time though... So this should be a great experience over all.

I'm 22 and have normally cruised with friends/family but I've decided recently to take a solo cruise. I'm anxious to see how many people my age will be on the cruise seeing how it's in December. I like having alone time though... So this should be a great experience over all.

It never ceases to amaze me as to how many folks really do not enjoy their own company.

Since being a very young girl, I liked being with me! I could have cruised at the age of 10 and been okay with it!!!!! What does that say about me? :confused:

• 3 weeks later...

Heading out on the Epic 11/9/13 (if I ever book the actual cruise part of the trip and stop playing the waiting/saving game....lol). I've not sailed the last 2 years due to no girlfriend but this time I said f it I'm going alone. Plus I've really wanted to check out the Epic since it came out.....oh, and I have a future cruise credit expiring very soon too :eek:

My big 60 birthday ,12octber, so booked a cruise yesterday, solo as I'm widowed ,for 30 nights,fred Olsen, Bouldicca 18november to the med and red Sea. This will be the longest cruise I've been on.Longest before this was 21nts to Brazil in March .excited and also a little scared. This is my 4th cruise this year, really finding my sealegs.:)

My third and last solo will be tomorrow

When I wrote that, I meant that I had no interest in cruising alone anymore. I enjoy my own company but it can get lonely when I have NO ONE to talk to. I would travel alone, just not cruise alone.

I just came back from the Breakaway and the solo cabins are a great way to meet people. Other cruise lines should consider this set up.

When I wrote that, I meant that I had no interest in cruising alone anymore. I enjoy my own company but it can get lonely when I have NO ONE to talk to. I would travel alone, just not cruise alone.

I just came back from the Breakaway and the solo cabins are a great way to meet people. Other cruise lines should consider this set up.

I agree and hope other cruise lines copy the solo cabins like NCL has. Why give up cruising? If one must vacation alone then a cruise is the best place to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I agree with you, it can get lonely at times. I do wish other cruise lines would offer the solo cabins and lounge that made a big difference on my first solo on Breakaway!! Looks like NCL will have me on board once again, looking forward to next cruise.

I agree and hope other cruise lines copy the solo cabins like NCL has. Why give up cruising? If one must vacation alone then a cruise is the best place to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Because in my travels I can venture off on my own and keep myself busy with plenty to do. On a cruise, esp on sea days, I found myself alone, bored, with no one to talk to, and in my room watching TV.

The Breakaway was the most fun I had of all three cruises because I had activity partners. When I wanted to venture off alone, I could and when I wanted company I had it. A day at the beach was fun; it would not have been fun if I went alone. I ate alone most times, but it was comforting knowing I could eat with others if I wanted company.

Because in my travels I can venture off on my own and keep myself busy with plenty to do. On a cruise, esp on sea days, I found myself alone, bored, with no one to talk to, and in my room watching TV.

The Breakaway was the most fun I had of all three cruises because I had activity partners. When I wanted to venture off alone, I could and when I wanted company I had it. A day at the beach was fun; it would not have been fun if I went alone. I ate alone most times, but it was comforting knowing I could eat with others if I wanted company.

Sorry you found yourself bored......I love sea days and being by

myself is not an issue for me. Relaxing with a book, a drink and a

lounge chair is one of my favorite things........:) And I have always

found friendly folks on my cruises.

Guess that is what makes us all different. The last thing I do is

watch tv in my cabin.....the tv is a sedative when I go to sleep

at night...that and the motion of the ocean:D

Sorry you didn't enjoy sailing solo. Hope you find other enjoyable

vacations.

Sea days are my favorite days-my Kindle, a Pepsi, the water rolling by...though by lunchtime I've usually had enough sun and wind up sleeping for a couple hours. :o

And even as introverted as I am by nature, I still managed to find people to talk to, which surprised me.

I also enjoy the sea days. Those are the relaxation days. Sit back with a couple of good books and a view of the water and I am good to go. I may slip in a nap or two as well on those sea days, as I get tired after reading a book so I need to rest up before starting the next one. I like a good balance of sea days with the port days, otherwise it is run, run, run, all the time, and that doesn't give you the time to relax as much on a cruise. Neil

My big 60 birthday ,12octber, so booked a cruise yesterday, solo as I'm widowed ,for 30 nights,fred Olsen, Bouldicca 18november to the med and red Sea. This will be the longest cruise I've been on.Longest before this was 21nts to Brazil in March .excited and also a little scared. This is my 4th cruise this year, really finding my sealegs.:)

Hope you had a great 60th birthday, your pending cruise in November sounds fabulous, Enjoy! I turn 60 next month, a widow and will retire next month as well so I am looking forward to checking out this solo cruising myself!

Dolly

First solo cruise was almost 4 years ago... I was 68. I'm doing a 29 day b2b cruise (Med/TA) in less than a month on the Ruby Princess, that will be cruises 21 & 22! I might cruise solo, but you're hardly alone on a ship with 2600 other passengers. I think it's a great way to travel especially when you're older.

Archived