Escargot

On our May cruise, we were also given the explanation for the lack of escargot was "a worldwide shortage".

It was disappointing - we really enjoy them on the cruise.

We eat them regularly at home (regular = once or twice a month)

The funny thing is, they were still plentiful in the supermarket.

To be honest, if they just put a small mushroom in those trays and with all that butter and garlic, nobody would really know the difference. ...

Really?

I beg to differ. ;)

THANK YOU! I've been googling escargot or snail shortage for a year or so since it first showed up as an issue on Celebrity and all I got was OLD news and Cruise Critic links. I was wondering WHY there was this shortage, but never got a decent answer. Glad I'm not the only one! :eek:

I had read awhile back on these boards that there was a butter volcano that erupted near the garlic fields in France!!!:D

To be honest, if they just put a small mushroom in those trays and with all that butter and garlic, nobody would really know the difference. I like either one, but lets back off on eating things to endangered levels and give them time to recoop... just sayin....;)

Umm, not for those of us with taste buds!

To be honest, if they just put a small mushroom in those trays and with all that butter and garlic, nobody would really know the difference. I like either one, but lets back off on eating things to endangered levels and give them time to recoop... just sayin....;)

You got that right DrD. There is no comparison.

I wasn't aware of the return of escargots so when those little boogers, I mean buggers, appeared on my recent Mariner and Navigator cruises these past 2 weeks I doubled my order. Reminded me of the Elaine Benis Sponge episode of Seinfeld. I felt escargot-worthy.

I wasn't aware of the return of escargots so when those little boogers, I mean buggers, appeared on my recent Mariner and Navigator cruises these past 2 weeks I doubled my order. Reminded me of the Elaine Benis Sponge episode of Seinfeld. I felt escargot-worthy.

So when you ordered a second plate, did the waiter say "I never said 2!"

I have great taste buds and immediately upon tasting my first snail on the ship, actually the first thing that came to my mind was the texture and "earthiness" of a mushroom.

with that said, Im about convinced you can put about any in all that garlic, butter and cheese and make it taste good......to me, that overpowers everything anyway

its good though

?????

So in that episode she meets a sponge-worthy guy, they sleep togethor, in the morning he gets amourous again, she pushes him away. He says "I thought you said I was sponge worthy," and her reply is "I never said anything about 2!"

Man I love that show.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled programing.

So in that episode she meets a sponge-worthy guy, they sleep togethor, in the morning he gets amourous again, she pushes him away. He says "I thought you said I was sponge worthy," and her reply is "I never said anything about 2!"

Man I love that show.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled programing.

Gotcha! But I actually prefer the "Spare a square" episode.

You got that right DrD. There is no comparison.

Ive never had it anyplace but on the ship, so theirs is all Ive had. I think there is so much butter and garlic on them and thats all I really taste. Maybe I should try them off the ship to see if I can taste the snail. :confused:

Archived