balcony cabin on allure of the seas advice needed

Hi,

I was wondering if any of you have stayed on the allure of the seas. I want to book for honeymoon but just wondering were the best balcony cabins are. I see there is central park ones boardwalk ones or seaview ones. Also whereabouts on the ship is best.

I think i would like to be away slightly from the elevator because people gathering there would be noisy ( or is it i have no idea). I suppose i don't want too be stuck beside a noisy crew room or under the nightclub bars etc. I'm 26 and will be out most nights to the all hours but like my own quiet space at the same time.

I have never been on a cruise before so really clueless.

When we started cruising we were always told look for rooms with rooms above and below you and try for the center of the ship not right next to an elevator but close. We also did a boardwalk balcony on our last cruise (Oasis) and while it was nice and had it's perks for a honeymoon I would recommend a balcony on the outside of the ship as it leads to more privacy. If you're the life of the party couple you might like an inside balcony... Congrats and have fun!!

You will want an oceanview balcony and not a Central Park or Boardwalk balcony. It will be wonderful to sit on your oceanview balcony first thing in the morning or in the evening to enjoy the view of the water. With the CP or B balconies you would have no privacy. Don't be afraid of a cabin near the elevators. They cabins are in a corridor and the elevators in lobbies. I would choose a cabin on deck 6, 7, 8 or 9. These are all very convenient. Enjoy!

thanks a million for your replies. after alot of reading on this forum which i just joined today. Deck 8 seems to be the best deck to be. I'm pretty clueless at this and don't know which side starboard and things are to be honest i didn't even know the word existed ( told you i was clueless ) I would really appreciate if someone could look at deck 8 plan for a balcony room mid ship starboard side and quote me example of room numbers. I know i'm asking a lot but hopefully someone can help :o

Get an Oceanview balcony deck 8 midship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We've sailed on her once, and this is where we were, too. Loved it. right in central park, and it's easy to find quiet areas there in the morning to stretch and relax. loved getting breakfast there, too. I think it was 8206- right at the back end of the front bulge- D5 cabin with almost a D1 balcony. It's starboard equal is 8608.

We are trying a rear-ish balcony when we sail on the Oasis next year, just to experiment.

To the OP- any thought of splurging on a suite or something? I've never been in one, but I hear they are pretty nice.

BTW, congrats! Hope you have a great honeymoon!

thanks a million for your replies. after alot of reading on this forum which i just joined today. Deck 8 seems to be the best deck to be. I'm pretty clueless at this and don't know which side starboard and things are to be honest i didn't even know the word existed ( told you i was clueless ) I would really appreciate if someone could look at deck 8 plan for a balcony room mid ship starboard side and quote me example of room numbers. I know i'm asking a lot but hopefully someone can help :o

Mid-ship is always good, especially if one tends to get motion sick. As far as "PORT & STARBOARD", it simply means left & right side of the ship. So the best to remember is PORT = LEFT & STARBOARD = RIGHT. *(P comes before S & L comes before R)* Hope this helps. :) CONGRATS!

You will want an oceanview balcony and not a Central Park or Boardwalk balcony. It will be wonderful to sit on your oceanview balcony first thing in the morning or in the evening to enjoy the view of the water. With the CP or B balconies you would have no privacy. Don't be afraid of a cabin near the elevators. They cabins are in a corridor and the elevators in lobbies. I would choose a cabin on deck 6, 7, 8 or 9. These are all very convenient. Enjoy!

although I agree with you about sitting out there in the morning, the ocean view balcony will also be good for Honeymoon fun and games... ;)

Mid-ship is always good, especially if one tends to get motion sick. As far as "PORT & STARBOARD", it simply means left & right side of the ship. So the best to remember is PORT = LEFT & STARBOARD = RIGHT. *(P comes before S & L comes before R)* Hope this helps. :) CONGRATS!

...or PORT and LEFT have the same number of letters. Of course this always refers to the fact that you are facing the bow (pointy end) of the ship. ;)

Have you checked out the deck plans?

Look at 8572 - 8624.

Have never been on the Allure and booked a D-1 on Deck 11. Anything I should be concerned with? We also booked an interior directly across for our teens. Because we could get these two as a combo, it made sense. But what makes Deck 8 that much better than Deck 11?

Welcome to Cruise Critic. We also prefer an ocean balcony on deck 8 starboard side as that is the side that faces the dock on these ships.

We just get a D8 which is usually the least expensive ocean balcony cabin. Good luck and congrats!!!!

Thanks for all your help so far. I didn't even realise you could view the deck plans thats brilliant. Must print it out and study were everything is. On the RC website it will not let me have deck 8 as an option does this mean that it's sold out already?

So I suppose my next question would be if I can't have deck 8 which is better 7 or 9?

Thanks again for all the advise.

Thanks for all your help so far. I didn't even realise you could view the deck plans thats brilliant. Must print it out and study were everything is. On the RC website it will not let me have deck 8 as an option does this mean that it's sold out already?

So I suppose my next question would be if I can't have deck 8 which is better 7 or 9?

Thanks again for all the advise.

I would go with 7. One up to CP, 2 down to the Promenade.

You should do your homework before going on this ship. Check reviews, especially ones with pictures. Get familiar with the deck plans.

The ship is huge, and so much to see and do.

although I agree with you about sitting out there in the morning, the ocean view balcony will also be good for Honeymoon fun and games... ;)

Totally agree with you on that but I sorta thought they would figure that out on their own;)

(I'm also a balcony snob!)

Have never been on the Allure and booked a D-1 on Deck 11. Anything I should be concerned with? We also booked an interior directly across for our teens. Because we could get these two as a combo, it made sense. But what makes Deck 8 that much better than Deck 11?

I don't know if Deck 8 is "better" than Deck 11, but it may be a little more convenient. I personally like Deck 6 aft. It's on Boardwalk level, one deck down to the promenade, 2 decks up to Central Park. It's all good!

I prefer decks 9-10. Further away from entertainment venues. Best to book rooms with other rooms accross from you for more quiet. If you end up across from the areas that the cabin stewards use for laundry/kitchens etc, it can be noisy as they are up early at work

First, congrats on your upcoming nuptuals.

Second, the only way I remember which side of the ship is which is 'Left' = 4 characters, starboard = other side. :D LOL And of course the side is referred to 'facing forward' (versus aft, other direction).

As I tend towards motion sickness, we have always gone with midship front /back as well as up/down. The larger the ship, the less that seems to matter.

We love the balcony to enjoy the ocean anytime we want. Have room service and sit out there having breakfast or just sitting and reading. Of course as newlyweds, you might even consider joining the 'Balcony Club'. :eek:

Also, you'll hear 'hump cabin'. If you look at the deck plans, you'll see ships have a 'hump' in the middle. They are optimum spots for viewing, forward and backwards. Your view is not blocked. Nor can people generally look into your balcony.

The idea of checking above/below your cabin has lots of merit. You don't want to be below nightclubs, dining areas, etc....

Lastly, if the booking options exclude a particular deck, it could be that there are no cabins of that type on that deck, or left available on that deck. Most cabin types (i.e. balconies) have multiple codes and basically all it means is location, location, location.

Hope this helps more than confuses.

Erika

(p.s. Welcome to CC and don't forget to join your sailings Meet & Mingle once you've booked.)

.... Best to book rooms with other rooms accross from you for more quiet.

We were on deck 8. With CP, there were no rooms across the hall.

This was great, as our hallway had half the foot traffic, very quiet without any inside cabins on that deck.

Another way to remember is that "port" has 4 letters as does "left":)

I don't know if Deck 8 is "better" than Deck 11, but it may be a little more convenient. I personally like Deck 6 aft. It's on Boardwalk level, one deck down to the promenade, 2 decks up to Central Park. It's all good!

I, too, enjoy deck 6 ocean view balcony, near the aft elevators. Great location. Close to everything, especially morning coffee.

So what is the best side to be on the even or the odnumbers when coimg into port

It does not work like that. Even or odd numbers will be on either side.

But, Oasis/Allure dock on the starboard side most of the time.

The RCCL Web site does not list all of the cabin options available. If you really want a certain cabin the best thing to do is to call RCCL or your travel agent and ask if it is available. They can also help you find an available cabin in a certain area (e.g. deck 8 oceanview balcony midship).

Archived