Is there a bad balcony on Splendor?

SandS204ever

The wife and I will be booking our honeymoon next week after our wedding. We want to get a balcony for this one (both have only cruised inside cabins). In order to pick our cabin its more money and we did not plan to upgrade past the base level balcony.

So is there a bad balcony we could get stuck in going with the guaranty booking and not picking our actual room? We don't care if we are bow, aft or mid ship either.

We had a spa balcony a couple of years ago and it wasn't that great. No privacy from above. Beside us, the wall was open and people could see right in. On top of it, there were stairs from the waterslide above us and we heard thumping on them all day long.

That's the only balcony we've ever had (we've had 6 of 'em!) that we didn't care for. Don't have the exact room number right now.

We had a spa balcony a couple of years ago and it wasn't that great. No privacy from above. Beside us, the wall was open and people could see right in. On top of it, there were stairs from the waterslide above us and we heard thumping on them all day long.

Boogerman (wow quite the name! LOL)

I am about to book a spa suite on Splendor, from looking at the ship deck plans it looks to me like the spa is above you for 2 levels....not seeing where the waterslide is. Any chance you can look at a diagram and know what room you were in? I don't want to be under a waterslide!

thanks

Trish

Just looked up the room....it was 1116. I believe it was more of a landing for steps that led up to the waterslide level. Kids would be jumping off the steps onto the landing all day long. AND, being an end room, their was no balcony 'wall' on the one side and people can see in from clear across the deck. There is also very little if any over hang, so people peer down at you and sometimes, kids will throw stuff at you from above.

Seriously, the only balcony room we wouldn't book again. :)

The wife and I will be booking our honeymoon next week after our wedding. We want to get a balcony for this one (both have only cruised inside cabins). In order to pick our cabin its more money and we did not plan to upgrade past the base level balcony.

So is there a bad balcony we could get stuck in going with the guaranty booking and not picking our actual room? We don't care if we are bow, aft or mid ship either.

Congrats on your up and coming wedding.

Standard balconies are 35sq.ft.

Check out the L shaped cabins. They are categorized as "premium balconies", but cost the same as regular balconies if booked early enough. :o

If you want to see pics of this cabin...go to: cruise line rooms dot com

(put together.. cannot post certain websites)

Click on the Splendor

Click on cabin 6475

Click on pics to blow them up.

Good luck with whatever you decide and have a great honeymoon:o

Just looked up the room....it was 1116. I believe it was more of a landing for steps that led up to the waterslide level. Kids would be jumping off the steps onto the landing all day long. AND, being an end room, their was no balcony 'wall' on the one side and people can see in from clear across the deck. There is also very little if any over hang, so people peer down at you and sometimes, kids will throw stuff at you from above.

Seriously, the only balcony room we wouldn't book again. :)

thanks!! we are looking at the 10 floor and more forward so should be ok. That sounds totally annoying!

Boogerman (wow quite the name! LOL)

I am about to book a spa suite on Splendor, from looking at the ship deck plans it looks to me like the spa is above you for 2 levels....not seeing where the waterslide is. Any chance you can look at a diagram and know what room you were in? I don't want to be under a waterslide!

thanks

Trish

There are spa balconies on Spa Deck- deck 11- which deck 12 can look over onto. There are also spa cabins on deck 10- Panorama- which are better balconies IMHO. Just avoid the port side under the exercise equipment.

I had a balcony on deck 8 aft under the Lido deck once- never again!!!! Deck chairs scraping and the deck party shook the whole cabin. I would avoid that area.

That's the only balcony we've ever had (we've had 6 of 'em!) that we didn't care for. Don't have the exact room number right now.

Hi Boogerman,

I certainly have to agree with you in regards to a spa balcony. My wife & I have a 16-day voyage

booked for the Splendor when she arrives in New York, and while I was doing my research

I came across spa balcony photo's/video that a member had posted either here or on Youtube.

It showed about a two foot open view if someone was looking down onto the balcony from above.

I remember the person stated they had to sit close up against their wall to not be seen.

They also said they found cigarette butts on their balcony.

I would avoid 6363, we had our 3 kids (old enough to be alone, adult) they had the inside cabin we had the balcony across. The deck below had a band that played till after 1:00AM the pillows would go boom, boom it was terrible!

The kids only heard a little since not directly under the band.

Congrats on the wedding/marriage. A cruise is certainly a good way to start your life together! ;) We are going on the Splendor for the lst time in May, so I can't help you, but just wanted to tell you that you can go to www.cruisedeckplans.com and click on Carnival, then on Splendor, then you can click on each deck and see the cabins. A plus is that you can "drag" it so you can see what is above you and what is below you. Happy planning! :D:)

Archived