Tell Me The Way To Horseshoe Bay (with kids)

gobo

Keep in mind that we will be traveling with 3 small children (6,4,2) - I would like to know if anyone traveling with young kids to Horseshoe Bay found it easier to get there via taxi or buying the transfer from the cruise line (mainly NCL). Thanks! :)

Keep in mind that we will be traveling with 3 small children (6,4,2) - I would like to know if anyone traveling with young kids to Horseshoe Bay found it easier to get there via taxi or buying the transfer from the cruise line (mainly NCL). Thanks! :)

I would go for the taxi. It reduces the waiting time (and potential whining time) while the bus loads, etc. I don't know what the tranfer costs, but for 4 of you (or is it 5?), the taxi is probably better pricewise. And the convenience, as they say on the Mastercard commercial, is "priceless."

And if one of the kids gets tired, you can get a taxi back to the ship at any time, and don't have to wait for the ship's transfer.

One thing someone else can answer is the issue of the 2-year old in a taxi. I don't know if there are rules about child seats.

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

Just back from Bermuda on NCL Star. Travelled with my 6 year old twins and a 2 1/2 year old. We took the regular bus to the beach, they run express from the Dockyard. We then took the taxi back We planned on this before we went. For us it was worth the cab fare to go on our own schedule.

And there are no rules for child seats in cabs.

Edited by chrisc71

Just back from Bermuda on NCL Star. Travelled with my 6 year old twins and a 2 1/2 year old. We took the regular bus to the beach, they run express from the Dockyard. We then took the taxi back We planned on this before we went. For us it was worth the cab fare to go on our own schedule.

And there are no rules for child seats in cabs.

How long is the ride on express bus?

The dockyards to Horseshoe beach (and back) is fine using the bus. The kids will love it. We went to Hamilton first to shop, so a ferry/bus pass made more sense. I didn't price a taxi, but for the number of people in your party it might make sense. There's a giant hill to walk up from the beach. We paid a van driver $2 each to take us up the hill to the bus stop. I assume the taxis pick you up at the base of the hill.

Can you buy a 2 day pass where the cruise ships dock?

Yes, the passes and tokens are sold at the Visitor Information Center. There are 3 at the Dockyard. One on each of the wharves and one near the ferry dock. The VIC at each wharf is located in the building on each wharf.

SBtS

How often does the express bus run to Horeshoe Beach? We'll be arriving at around 2PM next Tuesday.

There's no published schedule for the express buses, and I don't know of anyone who's been able to figure out what the schedule is, or even if there is one.

How often does the express bus run to Horeshoe Beach? We'll be arriving at around 2PM next Tuesday.

Since the express bus is unscheduled, I would think that the bus would depart when it filled with passengers. Since the bus has seats for 38 passengers (IIRC) plus maybe 10 standees and the cruise ship may have 2,500 passengers, I think the more important question should be how many buses and drivers have been allocated to the express service, just sayin'.

SBtS

• 3 years later...

It is much less expensive to use the public transportation than to do the excursions from any of the ships.

Also, if you purchase a two day pass, it has to be used on two consecutive days. It can not be used on the first and third day of your stay. The first time it is used, they punch the date out of the card and it expires the next day.

Hi everyone,

We are taking the NCL Breakaway to Bermuda with a 7 and 3 year old. Does anyone recommend taking the excursion to Horseshoe Bay or better to cab it?

Also, any other recommendations when cruising with small kids.

Thanks.

Don't take the excursion. Cab it or take the shared Van. The bus drops you off on top of the hill. Then you have to walk down this somewhat steep hill with the little kids. At the end of the day you have to walk UP. You're on vacation make it easy for yourself. Make up for the cost of the cab by bringing your own snacks such as muffins and such from the buffet. You can even order room service the night before and store in room fridge if your cabin has one. Bring ziplock bags to put ice in.