New years

mark13

Sailed on Holland America to Hawaii over New Year's. Great party on formal night with dancing on the stage of the main theater. I really enjoyed it, but DW didn't like being on stage dancing. Too many people watching even though she is an excellent, elegant dancer. Jerry of Jerry and Kathy

has anyone ever done a new years cruise and do the ships throw a party, maybe some fireworks?

I've done New Year's many times on a cruise. What a party!!! Or should I say parties??? Usually there are several parties around the ship to accommodate all the passengers.

As for fireworks, I think the only cruise line that does fireworks is Disney. It is a very planned event and I'm sure they would plan to have fireworks on New Year's, but I could be wrong. I personally have not sailed on Disney for New Year's. If this is what you really want, I suggest you post this on the Disney board.

And, depending on the ship, they fill the hot tub with ice and champaign! We booked this New Years on our favorite smaller ship, Carnival Fantasy. This will be our 6th new Years Eve cruise! They are great fun.

Great to hear this. I was going to ask the same question. I am just having trouble with the dates. I need to leave on the 28 and return by Jan 2 or 3 because of kid's school. Unfortunately, only Disney is doing those exact dates and their rates are way up there for that cruise. Others return on the 31st and we wanted to be on the ship on the 31st :( . If we figure it out, it's good to hear, it will be extra fun

Archived