San Francisco overnight -- is ship open?

kath00

For those of you who have done a CA Coastal with an O/N in San Fran, did the ship stay "open" to come and go at any time or was there an all aboard time where they secured the ship for the evening?

Thanks! Katherine

For those of you who have done a CA Coastal with an O/N in San Fran, did the ship stay "open" to come and go at any time or was there an all aboard time where they secured the ship for the evening?

Thanks! Katherine

Of course, I may be wrong, but I don't believe that any of the previous coastal cruises have actually done an overnight in San Francisco yet...

Yup, it's the CA Coastal on the Sapphire in the Spring.

I wonder who I could call at Princess to ask. This is a big deal for my family as we want to go out late on our overnight and not have to hurry back to the ship. I have a feeling the operators at the 800# really won't be able to figure this out for us reliably...

I'm not aware of a SF overnight either. What cruise is this about?

Looks like the 10/6/12 - 10/13/12 Sapphire sailing is overnighting in SF for Fleet Week. More in the future too?

You can get off and on the ship

during the night. On other overnights

on other ships read that's what some people did.

Quite a few ships seem to be overnighting in SF.

One reason because not doing Mexico stops.

Other reason stopping on the coastals.

Know this year Disney Wonder and Sapphire

doing overnights.

I do believe that the overnight in SF is a new itinerary for Princess... let us know how it goes! :)

Hmm, I guess I'll be spending more of my days off down at the piers looking at cruise ships instead of doing laundry, walking the dog, washing the car, etc. Oh, who am I kidding? I'll bring the dog with me :)

We are on the October 13th that overnights in SFO and my understanding is that we can get off and back on the ship all night long. Sadly, our overnight is on a Sunday and all the places we wanted to go out dancing will be closed. :( So, we will probably play in the city in the afternoon and then just spend the night dancing on the ship.

We are on the October 13th that overnights in SFO and my understanding is that we can get off and back on the ship all night long. Sadly, our overnight is on a Sunday and all the places we wanted to go out dancing will be closed. :( So, we will probably play in the city in the afternoon and then just spend the night dancing on the ship.

What type of dance venues are you interested in? There's always somewhere to go here...usually.

We are on the October 13th that overnights in SFO and my understanding is that we can get off and back on the ship all night long.
This should be correct as that's what happens on scheduled overnights in other ports. I don't believe the ship is closed and passengers blocked from boarding. There'll be security at the gangway.

There is a gay country / western dance club called the Sundance Saloon which is open on Sunday night. That would be an "only-in-San Francisco" experience.

Archived