Favorite Room Service Items

alwalaska

On our Panama cruise, we got room service for both breakfast & lunch....While we sat on our balcony & enjoyed the view. We always get coffee sent to our room first thing in the morning. For breakfast we got some patries, but for lunch we got a sandwich, some chips and a soda. Actually the food is pretty good and the coffee comes nice & hot.

Its funny no one has mentioned the chocolate cake. Kind of a funny thing about that. When I was on the Sapphire last August, the chocolate cake I ordered from the RS menu was the BEST I had ever eaten. It has about a 1/2" on frosting, and whipped cream everywhere. And the cake itself was so moist and delicious. I ordered it often the rest of the week. Well, I showed those pics to a friend of mine, and we were on the Dawn 2 weeks later. We excitedly ordered it, imagining the picture in our heads, and we got a dry, HARD gross brownie like thing with nuts (there is no mention of nuts on the rom service menu, which alarmed me, some peoples allergies and all).

So one month laster, on the Diamond, thinking "OK, sister ship to the Sapphire", - same gross hard brownie. We got off the Diamond in Vancouver, and boarded the Sapphire 20 minutes later, and ordered it, and it was the same delicious cake! I dont know if the Sapphire just happens to kick @ss at cake making, but I really wish I could get it all of the time! You can bet when I board the Diamond in 1+ week, I will be ordering it to see!!!

It's WEIRD! I think they need to have some standards, and serve the same menu item ship to ship. I mean, my tournadoes of beef I order every single cruise, is like carbon copy of all of the others. Strange - anyone else ever order the cake??? How was it??

Casey

We're taking the Sapphire next June in Alaska. I'll have to try the cake and see if iti s as good still.

What are tournadoes of Beef? Sounds interesting.

Ann

We have had the club sandwich, it was very good (The Grand). Used our own wine to go with the sandwich and just enjoyed the meal on the balcony looking at the stars.

This year we did crackers and cheese (The Star). I went to HC, made up a small plate of various cheeses (we had our own crackers - you get hungry on these flights, now-a-days:D). I even asked one of the waiters to saran wrap it, and he did so with a smile. :)

My own coffee at 8:am is delicious on the balcony:)

We usually tip around $3-5. for roomservice. Those $2 bills sound like a good idea. We always leave home with a STACK of $1's. This way we can cut it in half.

I ordered the tourenado of beef. My DH and friends asked for a double order and they are usually slices of nice beef and round. Guess what, I got one filet mignon and the others got TWO. It was delicious tho. :)

Hi Hulagirl. We still haven't picked a trip yet. Thinking Golden.

Is it me or are most of the 2006 Carib sailings now Sat/Sat instead of Sun/Sun??? :(

Okay, I've sailed the Golden before, but was under the impression that room service was extra.....is this not so? :cool:

If room service is included except for the tip....man did I miss out!:eek:

My next cruise will definitley include room service for breakfast if it is included with the price I paid for the cruise.

Okay, I've sailed the Golden before, but was under the impression that room service was extra.....is this not so? :cool:

If room service is included except for the tip....man did I miss out!:eek:

My next cruise will definitley include room service for breakfast if it is included with the price I paid for the cruise.

There is NO extra cost for room service except for a tip to the nice person that brings you the food. So go ahead and indulge yourself on your next cruise.

All of these ideas sound just great. I have been on 3 cruises so far, and I do not think that we have ever taken advantage of room service. How lame is that? Breakfast on the balcony sounds so much more appealing than lining up in front of a buffet. Going on the Caribbean Princess in August, so thank you all for the great input!

Princess, wow, how did you get buy without room service? I am not usually a morning person and we always have our tea and sometimes breakfast in our cabin. I really don't like to HAVE to get up and dressed that early, so room service is great. Hubby answers the door and viola! Breakfast in bed. The room service people are so good at diverting their eyes, and usually just say goodmorning Madame. Of course we have robes on...ahhh its so relaxing.

Then in the evening, we have a snack after the show and if we want it in our room, we order things like a cheese plate, or as stated above some milk and cookies. Sometimes my husband who loves french fries or potato chips will have an order sent to the room.

On our last Alaskan cruise we ate lunch most everyday on our balcony and just enjoyed the gorgous scenery. Hubby was most happy with 3 orders of shrimp cocktail and a hamburger!

Enjoy:

Carol

Oh My Gosh!:eek: Sounds like heaven.

You can bet your sweet bippy I'll be having room service on our next cruise - Star Princess March 2006. Breakfast and snack, maybe even a few dinners on our balcony - woohoo! Can't wait:p

I have found it more and more diffiucult to get $2.00 bills in my area. What I did around the holidays was go to my local savings and loan and they had some cool books of $1's, they were in bundles of $25 or $50, and they were attached in a peel off type book. It worked out perfect for me, becasue I have the tendancy to piddle away my small change designated for tips on other things as the trip goes along. It was nice just setting one of those by the door, and I was good to go!

alwalaska - yes! report back about the chocolate cake! And also, I wasnt very clear about the tournadoes of beef - they are in the dining room on the first or second night (usually - cant remember which for sure) - not on the always avaialbe room service menu.

But for those who did not know room service was avaialble for free, you can also order off of the menu, and say, have dinner delivered to your room from the dining room menu. It has to be during dining room hours only however. Writing in breakfast hot items seems to be hit and miss ship to ship.

My favorite thing to do is eat a Love Boat Dream at dinner, and then order another from room service right before the dining room closes. Great "light" bed time snack!

casey

A Love Boat Dream is, imho, the BEST dessert offered onboard! It is a heart shaped chocolate torte-like dessert made with dense dark chocolate. I love it! I was lucky enough to have been on the Island and the Carribean when it was on the "always available" menu, otherwise it is normally available on the last formal night (I think). If you like chocolate, you must have it!!!

Casey

Archived