Favorite Room Service Items

alwalaska

I know that this doesn't sound as yummy as the chocolate chip cookies, but it is actually really good...

Vegetarian sandwiches (includes avacado) on toasted bread

It is sooo good (and I'm not even a vegetarian!)

I know that this doesn't sound as yummy as the chocolate chip cookies, but it is actually really good...

I like those too! They are even better if you've saved a lobster tail to go on it...fantastic sandwich!

:D

Cold milk and chocolate chip cookies ordered late at night. Princess has about the best cookies I've had. You can order as many as you want. Yummy!:)

Oo, that makes me so happy to hear!! One of mine and my little boy's very favorite things on the Magic was ordering from room service and having chocolate chip cookies and milk at like midnight out on our balcony. :) :) So glad to hear we'll be able to do that on the Grand, too!!

-gina-

We had a nice club sandwich & fries on the Dawn this past summer. Just as good as one you would get in a resturant.

I had the same on the Gollden, and it was pretty doggone tasty.

What are some of the things that you can order delivered to your room for breakfast that are not on the room service menu? By the way, we always give room service tips in cash - we don't sign them to our card.

Totally agree--the vegetarian sandwich with avocado--order it with cheese on whole wheat--it is great!

My DH and I have been known to order cookies and milk in the evening. Once on the old Crown Princess they gave us some almond cookies which in my opinon was the best dang cookies we have ever eaten. Most of the time though they send chocolate chip cookies which are fine too. Boy that is all we need is more food on the ship.:eek:

Marilyn

I like those too! They are even better if you've saved a lobster tail to go on it...fantastic sandwich!

:D

I love those veggie sandwiches, too, and they're my favorite room service item. Sometimes on a cruise, I get hungry for a kind of "normal" lunch item like a sandwich. (FYI: For those who don't know, most ships -- all? -- have a sandwich bar in the Horizon Court around 4 p.m. Nice breads, and they put whatever 'fixings' on them you like.)

Thanks for that very good idea! What could be better than a seafood and avo sandwich on the balcony, with the ocean as your backyard?!

Its funny no one has mentioned the chocolate cake. Kind of a funny thing about that. When I was on the Sapphire last August, the chocolate cake I ordered from the RS menu was the BEST I had ever eaten. It has about a 1/2" on frosting, and whipped cream everywhere. And the cake itself was so moist and delicious. I ordered it often the rest of the week. Well, I showed those pics to a friend of mine, and we were on the Dawn 2 weeks later. We excitedly ordered it, imagining the picture in our heads, and we got a dry, HARD gross brownie like thing with nuts (there is no mention of nuts on the rom service menu, which alarmed me, some peoples allergies and all).

So one month laster, on the Diamond, thinking "OK, sister ship to the Sapphire", - same gross hard brownie. We got off the Diamond in Vancouver, and boarded the Sapphire 20 minutes later, and ordered it, and it was the same delicious cake! I dont know if the Sapphire just happens to kick @ss at cake making, but I really wish I could get it all of the time! You can bet when I board the Diamond in 1+ week, I will be ordering it to see!!!

It's WEIRD! I think they need to have some standards, and serve the same menu item ship to ship. I mean, my tournadoes of beef I order every single cruise, is like carbon copy of all of the others. Strange - anyone else ever order the cake??? How was it??

Casey

Archived