Can we make our flight?

Fenwick

Do you think we can make a 11:20 am flight when our ship is scheduled to arrive at 7 am? We will be on the Vision docking in Fort Lauderdale and going to the Fort Lauderdale airport. The next flight isn't until 3:55pm.

I know that it should be enough time and we really want to be on the 11:20 flight. Are we cutting it too close?

Thanks for your advice.

The vast majority of time that would work just fine. An unusual delay could cause you to miss the flight, but it would have to take something well out of the ordinary. If you are able to self-disembark (i.e. carry off your luggage on your own and be among the first group of people off the ship) that would add even more wiggle room. The airport is extremely close and cabs are ample at the port.

[quote name='Fenwick']Do you think we can make a 11:20 am flight when our ship is scheduled to arrive at 7 am? We will be on the Vision docking in Fort Lauderdale and going to the Fort Lauderdale airport. The next flight isn't until 3:55pm.

I know that it should be enough time and we really want to be on the 11:20 flight. Are we cutting it too close?

Thanks for your advice.[/QUOTE]

I hope so...because our flight following our Vision cruise is scheduled for 11:05 AM. ;):D:D

Best of luck to both of us. :)

If it were me, I would probably feel safe booking the morning flight. The port is very close to the airport and there are normally a lot of taxis available.

On the other hand Ft Lauderdale is a great place to spend a little extra vacation time.

[quote name='Gordo']If it were me, I would probably feel safe booking the morning flight. The port is very close to the airport and there are normally a lot of taxis available.

On the other hand Ft Lauderdale is a great place to spend a little extra vacation time.[/quote]
[B]Yes...but not the FLL airport :eek: :D[/B]

[quote name='Fenwick']Do you think we can make a 11:20 am flight when our ship is scheduled to arrive at 7 am? We will be on the Vision docking in Fort Lauderdale and going to the Fort Lauderdale airport. The next flight isn't until 3:55pm.

Thanks for your advice.[/QUOTE]

If you are going to fly out the same day as you end the cruise, I think that is an ideal time. You won't have hours to burn at the airport (which is good), and it's not so ridiculously early that you get anxious every time you see a passenger in front of you take a little longer than you think is normal to do "x."

Perfect.

:-)

[quote name='Darkwolfe']BTW OP, which Vision cruise are you on?[/QUOTE]

I'm not the Original Poster (OP) but I am the Other Poster (OP) :D We're on Vision Feb 25, 2013 sailing. 11 nights. And every bit as excited as the OP. :D:):D

Archived