Splendor my awesome bar package

am588

so what do people 'do' or 'consider' for port days? I could totally get my money's worth on sea days, but not on port days....what do you think?

I'm like to stay up and participate in the piano bar and dance at the disco, so port days or not, I would still get in the minimum of 6 to break even. I'll sleep when I die.:p

So I guess we'll all be messaging JH tomorrow to ask again about the 15 drink thing.

So I guess we'll all be messaging JH tomorrow to ask again about the 15 drink thing.

I don't go on his page, but the question that needs to be asked is if he is in direct contact with the bar managers on victory, splendor and breeze or is his info coming from someone in Miami.

It sounds like once the 15 drink limit is reached the staff hands are tied and they can't sell the person more drinks because the system won't let them.

I was on this same sailing as the OP and I too purchased the unlimited drink package. I was sharing a cabin with my friend and she purchased it too. We stayed up the night before weighing the pros and cons of the package and decided to go for it, even though neither of us are really big drinkers.

Would we do it again? No. Do we regret doing it this trip? Absolutely not. It was great going to any bar, at any time, and ordering whatever we wanted. Neither of us even came close to the 15 max per day.

I can confirm that everything stated by OP about this program is correct.

We were TOLD at time of purchase of the 15 alcoholic drink limit per day. Sodas are not included in the 15 limit.

You do have to wait 5 minutes between drink orders.

You did have to sign for each drink (even sodas), and the receiptwould show the value of the drink (not gratuity). I save all my receipts and they totaled a little less than $300. So not the $345.xx I paid, but pretty close.

Hmm I thought getting the package would avoid the hassle of all those pesky little receipts. :cool:

If you order the Unlimited Soda Program do you have to sign for each drink? :confused:

Wonder how Carnival advertises the drink program on board....

Do they say UNLIMITED?

Maybe someone will take a photo and upload it here. ;)

Hmm I thought getting the package would avoid the hassle of all those pesky little receipts. :cool:

If you order the Unlimited Soda Program do you have to sign for each drink? :confused:

Wonder how Carnival advertises the drink program on board....

Do they say UNLIMITED?

Maybe someone will take a photo and upload it here. ;)

Yeah, you have to sign for each one including soda drinks. There was a flyer uploaded on another thread that is the only sign that I saw on board when signing up, and it did say unlimited.

Is the receipt just to keep track of how many drinks you've redeemed with the package, or does it show the taxes charged for that drink?

Also, are you able to write in a tip on the receipt received for "package" drinks? We try to always tip the bar staff with cash, but there's the odd time here or there when we write it in.

Yeah, you have to sign for each one including soda drinks. There was a flyer uploaded on another thread that is the only sign that I saw on board when signing up, and it did say unlimited.

Did a search and found this

MyAwesomeBarProgram0001.jpg

NO WHERE DOES IT SAY A LIMIT

as per John heald on Facebook the a 15 drink minimum for the bar package and he said this:

"The 15 drink note is a flag for...

the bartender, he will use this to check to make sure that the person is okay to continue being served alcohol. However we will not stop at 15 drinks if all is ok. ."

You don't have to drink 15 drinks, that's the limit, but 7 would make the program work and throughout a day I'm pretty sure I can handle 7 (-:

Its not the be all end all limit....john heald wrote to me on facebook that this is just a red flag for the bartenders that if u r wasted they will cut u off at 15 drinks. If u r fine after 15 drinks keep drinking. Cheers

about $700 just for booze for a week!! Wow. I sure don't want to be near a group of people who are having the 15th drinks that day. I would think this program would make most people drink more to get the most for the money attitude. Or maybe after day two they are to hung over to come out of the cabin! That is a lot of booze and a lot of cash. Now if you have friends in another cabin-I could share that package and make it worth it. People will find a way to share this. If you can break a rule-Carnival people will find a way!

I'll see later this month how it goes on our cruise.

Relax and enjoy.

I am thinking that this promo only appeals to folks who are serious drinkers to begin with (not people who like a couple of cocktails by the pool and a glass of wine at dinner.) Generally speaking, serious drinkers can "hold theirl" and could probably drink 15 drinks over the course of a day without acting totally wasted.

But the key phrase is over the course of the day -- anybody who chugs a bunch of drinks at once is going to be slammed and/or sick.

That's called "The Fountain Fun Card"

Totally different than the "My Awesome BAR Program" ;)

actually they call it 'bottomless bubbles' now... and unlimited soda is included in the 'my awesome bar' card... they don't count against the limit / no limit either, apparently...

It appears that there is a 15 drink per day limit, since those that have actually purchased the program were told that. We know soda is not included in the limit, but what about the non-alcoholic frozen drinks? Does anyone know if those are part of the 15 a day limit? I think I would order those in between alcoholic drinks to space myself out.

Everyone needs to realize this is still new and is sort of a "beta test". I imagine each ship could possibly have their own set of rules until they decide what the official program will be... that is if they decide to even keep it. This is a test that may or may not go fleet wide. Everyone needs to relax and wait for the official details. If there is a 15 drink limit per day than I'm sure Carnival will tell you at the time you purchase. If you don't think 15 is enough than don't buy it! Simple as that...

Archived