Splendor my awesome bar package

am588

So glad Splendor has this, but praying Valor will add this program too. My friend is going on Valor in November and will buy this if offered. Our last cruise we made great friends with the bartender. We talk to him on Facebook every so often. Yep we enjoy drinking on our cruises, but we usually smuggle our alcohol. This will be a nice change. However it is pricey, what the heck we can splurge this time!

What if only one person in the room is a drinker? My wife does not drink at all but I do , so why would we both need to purchase package?

It's a stipulation for the program...every person over 21 in the cabin needs to purchase it, whether there are 1, 2, 3 or 4 in the cabin. Even if you're a member of AA or pregnant, since the package contains non-alcoholic versions of drinks, there are no exclusions.

It's a stipulation for the program...every person over 21 in the cabin needs to purchase it, whether there are 1, 2, 3 or 4 in the cabin. Even if you're a member of AA or pregnant, since the package contains non-alcoholic versions of drinks, there are no exclusions.

Well that sucks ass, not cool not worth 300$ or so for non alcoholic drinks. Too bad there is no way around it or else I would purchase it. I guess I will just smuggle since its not fair.

Well that sucks ass, not cool not worth 300$ or so for non alcoholic drinks. Too bad there is no way around it.

Only way around it is if there's a family of four and mom rooms with daughter and dad rooms with son (on paper only). Dad buys package since he's the only one that is over 21 in his cabin and then he goes and rooms with his wife (in reality).

• 3 weeks later...
Only way around it is if there's a family of four and mom rooms with daughter and dad rooms with son (on paper only). Dad buys package since he's the only one that is over 21 in his cabin and then he goes and rooms with his wife (in reality).

I wonder if this would work with on connecting rooms? Since technically its different reservations, it may right?

Can you book this before the trip? Or just while on the ship?

I wonder if this would work with on connecting rooms? Since technically its different reservations, it may right?

Can you book this before the trip? Or just while on the ship?

If you have connecting rooms, it would still work. You can only book it once you're on the ship and you have the option to book it on day 1 or day 2 of the cruise. Have not seen anywhere what constitutes a "day" though. I would assume that a day goes from 9 am - 3am, when the bars are open, if it went from 12-12, then you could not drink on your last day from midnight-300 am.

If you have connecting rooms, it would still work. You can only book it once you're on the ship and you have the option to book it on day 1 or day 2 of the cruise. Have not seen anywhere what constitutes a "day" though. I would assume that a day goes from 9 am - 3am, when the bars are open, if it went from 12-12, then you could not drink on your last day from midnight-300 am.

This post was written yesterday they said the hours are from 9am-9am,

post # 147

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1698426&page=8

This post was written yesterday they said the hours are from 9am-9am,

post # 147

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1698426&page=8

Thanks for the clarification...it makes perfect sense because the brunch bar opens at 900 am and if a new day started at midnight, you could then purchase the day 2 option starting at 1201 am the first night you're on board.

• 1 month later...

I just called carnival, and was told that the program is on 3 ships right now as a test run and that so far it is a success, I was told that there "may" be an announcement around the first of the year saying that it is fleet wide... I would love this package, I will probably never touch 15 drinks a day, unless its beer and i start early but no thanks,,,,, but i will have 8 or so through the day so it would be worth it for me...

Cmon carnival make it happen:)

Archived