Westerdam Dec 2 sailing Price Drop

Carole_T

I just noticed a drop in price for the December 2nd sailing aboard the Westerdam. Called, but of course they are closed on Sunday. Will they automatically lower our fare, since the payment due date hasn't arrived yet, or do I call and hope for the best? We have Veranda and it comes to a $300 savings for us!

If you have a TA have them call for a rebate or an OBC. You may also have a chance for an upgrade to a higher category cabin.If it is new bookings you may be able to cancel and rebook at the lower price and still keep the same cabin.

~Doris~

SInce you are outside of the final payment date, you can always cancel and rebook. However, you may lose your exact cabin, onboard credits (depending on which ones you have) and you may need to rebook your excursions/gifts.

But definately call your TA and ask - you have nothing to lose - be sure you understand the rules on the rebooking though.

I tried to rebook my Dec cruise on Eurodam recently, but I would likely lose my cabin, so I passed on the $100 pp savings. I think it also depends alot on how good your TA is.

DaveOKC

If I am looking at HAL's Pricing correctly, the lower price is for the 16th of December sailing not the 2nd.

I just went and looked and the SC is $1,499 until you click on 2 December, then it goes to our last drop rate of $1,599. When you click on 16 December the price is down to $1,499.

So, as tangerinebunny says, it will not affect us... Would have been nice to get another price drop, but....

Joanie

We've been watching this cruise for weeks. It's one of four we're considering. We found $69 each way airfare from BWI to FLL, so we booked it a few months ago without knowing which cruise we would take.

We're planning on waiting until after final payment to see what prices do. I'm surprised to see that final payment is in just 5 days. I thought it was usually 70 days out, but maybe I'm thinking of another line.

I did notice that the Mariner discount, which had disappeared for a while, came back last week. We're still just slightly above our price point on the cabin category we want.

Anyway, there's no real point to this post, except to thank for the person mentioning that final payment was soon.

I just noticed a drop in price for the December 2nd sailing aboard the Westerdam. Called, but of course they are closed on Sunday. Will they automatically lower our fare, since the payment due date hasn't arrived yet, or do I call and hope for the best? We have Veranda and it comes to a $300 savings for us!

need to keep checking every week until final payment is due when we sailed her our rate went down 3 or 4 times and we called each time to get saving. once final is due then you are stuck. ( its a great ship)

Just got off the phone with Holland America, I too was a little suprised they were open on a holiday. Anyway, did get the price reduction, but had to cancel and rebook. That ment I also had to rebook my excursions.

Said they would do it again if price goes down before final payment, after that they try to upgrade or give onboard credits.

Our sailing is December the 2nd on the Westerdam, so I'm not sure about anyone elses prices, I do see another sailing same date, only on Amsterdam. We took that to Alaska 4 years ago and loved it!

Our final payment on the December 2 sailing is September 18.

And like a previous poster, we're paying a bit less than the listed price as a mariner perk.

I'm expecting prices to drop after final payment, but we paid a price that we're comfortable with and will sail happily - or go with a last minute upsell if the fates will it.

Are you sure it is only 5 days? My Dec 1 sailing is not until Sept 17.

DaveOKC

Sometimes TA's state different fianl payment dates then others. Apparently some people can't budget properly to pay for their cruise so the TA's build in extra wiggle room. Final payment on "most" cruises is 75 days prior.

Archived