Interior Guarantee: Fascination

tomsuelaw

Ok, so I searched previous threads and it seems that if you book an Interior Guarantee you are not at risk of getting the Interior Upper/Lower Bunks unless it is a 1A Cat guarantee vs a 4C Cat guarantee? My mental dilemna is that I do not see any designation of a Category, it just simply says "Interior Guarantee" Technically, the Upper/Lower is still under the "Interior Stateroom" category so it only seems logical that this is a possibility.

I really want to save the extra $$ and take the risk of a guarantee but not if it means me and DH have to sleep apart on a cruise without the kids ;)

Anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks in advance!

it can happen- its rare but it does happen.

most people get the regular inside cabin.

on this class of ship there are too many rooms that I would not want.

what is the price difference to book a regulare insid cabin on the riviera deck midship 4B

it can happen- its rare but it does happen.

most people get the regular inside cabin.

on this class of ship there are too many rooms that I would not want.

what is the price difference to book a regulare insid cabin on the riviera deck midship 4B

The price, thru CCL website, is about a $60 difference. Normally, I would not care that much, but this is a last-minute penny-pinching trip so we can save the real $$ for our Dream cruise in Jan ;) If I book via Priceline it is only a $30 difference. I was just thinking that it would be fun to go risky and cheap this time.

So what rooms should I avoid?

Thanks!

We cannot mention who we book thru.. but no site is cheaper... Carnival shows a 4A price but some tricky TAs show a 1A price to compare to make you think they are cheaper.

No price you see in public is cheaper than booking directly thru Carnival. Dont get fooled.

Just to reinterate.. no TA is allowed to advertise a lower price than you could get booking directly with Carnival. So, if you see this price in public, not a site you sign into, or they email a rate etc.. the rate you see is NOT cheaper than booking direct, or they would not be a TA who could sell Carnival cruises very long.

I have never heard of getting a 1A with a inside gty.. but I saw a couple who booked one make the most of it. They got the cabin steward to bring them a rollaway and pushed it next to the twin and slept together. There is always a way, even if you have to tip the cabin steward to get it.

I have always gotten a regular inside cabin. At one time my PVP said you cant get a 1A because 1As are technically a lower category than a IS category. Dont know if its still true you cant get one. Once they gave me a quad.. solo cruise by myself :(

One time I booked a bunk room on early saver. They ended up having a pack and go rate on an inside guarantee that was cheaper. Carnival said it was an upgrade for me, so I was eligible to make the move and get OBC. That was on the elation, but I would think the categories are fleet wide.

One time I booked a bunk room on early saver. They ended up having a pack and go rate on an inside guarantee that was cheaper. Carnival said it was an upgrade for me, so I was eligible to make the move and get OBC. That was on the elation, but I would think the categories are fleet wide.

Ive been in a similar situation, except on a newer ships where I had a 1A porthole and a IS gty was considered a upgrade from what I had. (I know go figure, I prefered what I had, except it was sold out).

So from that standpoint. I dont see how you could get a 1A from a IS gty.

Ok, so I searched previous threads and it seems that if you book an Interior Guarantee you are not at risk of getting the Interior Upper/Lower Bunks unless it is a 1A Cat guarantee vs a 4C Cat guarantee? My mental dilemna is that I do not see any designation of a Category, it just simply says "Interior Guarantee" Technically, the Upper/Lower is still under the "Interior Stateroom" category so it only seems logical that this is a possibility.

I really want to save the extra $$ and take the risk of a guarantee but not if it means me and DH have to sleep apart on a cruise without the kids ;)

Anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks in advance!

Hey Sue, DS and I have the same dilemma. We booked a two night CTN to have a nice weekend together. The pack and go rate gives me an $80 dollar credit. I took it got the email this morning and now I'm on pins a needles about being assigned a 1a from a 4d. Oh well that's more bar money and that will help us sleep better.

any room under the galley or show lounge.

My husband and I had an inside guarantee on the Sensation this past March and ended up in a forward Empress deck cabin, right below the show lounge. At times there was a bit of noise, but not so much to make it not worth the "upgrade" to this deck. The location was so convenient to everything that I would gladly stay in the same cabin again.

Excuse me! Was that the question the OP asked?:confused:

No...but the OP is looking to save money. If the OP isn't sure she will be happy and a $30/$60 difference "matters", she might as well skip this cruise so she'll have more to spend on her "Dream Vacation".

I have booked a gty rate twice. Once with Carnival, once with RC. Both times we were not happy with the cabins we got so we

willingly paid for an upgrade to a cabin we chose . We were very happy with our choices.

I know you aren't always assigned your gty cabin right away but ours were assigned quickly with lots of time to

change (upgrade) if we wished. We figure it is worth the gamble because even if you "lose", you don't really lose.

Maybe someone can explain the dangers of this strategy. I don't know what they would be.

any room under the galley or show lounge. AVOID under the pizza kitchen,

any grey / white areas (not across from those)

What's wrong with being under a show lounge if the final show ends well before you are ready for sleep?

OP-If you have to penny pinch for this cruise because otherwise you can't afford your dream cruise in Jan., it might be a good idea to skip this one.

Are you kidding me Patches...perhaps you are missing the point...4 days on a ship with me and DH and no kids!!!!! :D I appreciate your concern and opinion but not going is not a good solution. I simply was asking a question about room categories r/t GTY.

Thanks!

dancers practice after midnight or early in the morning.

Only one night I heard anything from the theater above me.

Either the soundproofing is great.. or dancing quietly on stage doesnt make enough sound to carry to where my cabin was.

I was in E9 on Ecstasy .. go look .. right below the stage and almost where the pit orchestra is.

once on Princess I was ABOVE the theater .. and that I heard.. but not on Carnival below the stage.

So I chickened out and got an assigned room for the extra $40. Called CCL and talked to a rep. She said there is always a slight chance you can get the Upper/Lower Bunk but it is not likely. It was enough of a chance to make me cough up the extra $40 ;)

I learned something. The price for a picking a room thru the rep at CCL was cheaper then the CCL website offered...didn't realize that was possible but when in doubt call!

I am a light sleeper so a quiet stateroom surrounded by other staterooms midship sounds good to me. M96 is our room :) Plus, it is a quad so if the grandparents back out of babysitting we always have room for the kiddos.

Archived