Bermuda-port or starboard cabin

newsycruiser

I suppose you have a great view of Hamilton harbour from the other side?

At the Dockyard, you won't have a view of Hamilton Harbour from any side; you are a long, long way from Hamilton. It's one of the unfortunate things that came with the bigger ships, as they can't dock in Hamilton or St. George. We loved being able to walk off the ship directly into downtown Hamilton last year on the Veendam, but I'm afraid those days are gone forever. We took a bus to the Dockyard one day (took about an hour each way, I think; I believe the ferries are faster) and had lunch at the Frog & Onion, which was fine, but pretty much thought the Dockyard was a bore compared to the rest of Bermuda. But your mileage may vary.

The only way you would see Hamilton from a cruise ship, is if the cruise ship were docked in Hamilton.

IMHO, there are no bad views from either side of the cruise ship while at King's Wharf or Heritage Wharf. There are photos of those views provided by CC member modelman here.

SBtS

Thanks for all the info. I did change my cabin to starboard, but I guess it will be the luck of the draw.

sept10dsm....I'll look forward to your report. Hope you find things ship shape in Bermuda. The locals were quite apprehensive about Leslie when we left this past Wednesday although it looks like they may have avoided a direct hit.

We just returned from the NCL DAWN and had a suite on the Port side. Great view of the island and Hamilton from our room. Either side of the ship is fine to book in our opinion.

We just returned from the NCL DAWN and had a suite on the Port side. Great view of the island and Hamilton from our room. Either side of the ship is fine to book in our opinion.

To repeat what I previously posted: The only way you would see Hamilton from a cruise ship, is if the cruise ship were docked in Hamilton.

SBtS

• 2 weeks later...

I have been there 2 times, the 1 st I was on the portside and it was facing the dockyard. I loved it and saw sunset from my balcony. This las time we were on starboard side and we had sunrise each morning. There can dock either side.

Archived