Stockholder credit question for kids' rooms...

kath00

Hi there,

We are travelling on the Splendor in November. We own 100 shares of CCL and have faxed in a request for my and my DH's room to get the OBC today.

I am wondering if my children's room, next door, would be eligible also to get the credit? The 2 girls have the same last name and are travelling with our nanny in the room.

Thanks! Katherine

Not unless the girls (or one of the girls) is a shareholder (or the Nanny was). If you and your husband EACH had 100 shares (or more) in your own names (not together in a joint account) and each of you were booked in separate rooms, you could each receive the OBC, but otherwise, no.

This was addressed in the latest (one of many) stockholder credit threads just the other day. As stated, the credit is available as one per cabin, and the stockholder has to be booked in the cabin.

If you have a joint account, you can't book one in each cabin to get double credit. You have to own the stock in YOUR name to get the credit. A joint account is only considered as one owner. I believe this is true even if it were a joint account that held 200 shares.

If you each had an account, you could book with each in a different cabin (and switch once you board) and get two credits.

But the credit does not extend to family members or anyone else!

Unless they have changed the way they apply it- it is not true that you both can't get the OBC if booked in seperate rooms. I have on 4 cruises, both Carnival and Princess. Mr5W and I have 100 shares in a joint account. When we travel with the kids we book each of us in seperate cabins and we both get the OBC. And no, we are not being sneaky about it. I spoke to Carnival about this and they said it was legitimate and just an extra perk they (quietly) offered. This is not second hand friend of a friend did it- I have personally done it.

Unless they have changed the way they apply it- it is not true that you both can't get the OBC if booked in seperate rooms. I have on 4 cruises, both Carnival and Princess. Mr5W and I have 100 shares in a joint account. When we travel with the kids we book each of us in seperate cabins and we both get the OBC. And no, we are not being sneaky about it. I spoke to Carnival about this and they said it was legitimate and just an extra perk they (quietly) offered. This is not second hand friend of a friend did it- I have personally done it.

It used to be true you both had to own 100 shares to get OBC for two cabins if you booked one adult in each.

I agree, that I dont see that language any more in the rules.

It does seem to have changed where you can get it without both owning 100 shares in separate accounts. Maybe it was just not common enough or too much of a bother to enforce the way it used to be.

When I booked a cruise last year, DH and I, who own CCL stocks jointly, were in different cabins so our friends could take advantage of past guest rates. We submitted the stock form twice, each with the information required, and we each received the OBC.

OP-if you and your DH were each booked in the two different cabins, and own stocks jointly, then you could apply for the separate OBCs. The kids' last names are irrelevant in this case. Sorry.

When I booked a cruise last year, DH and I, who own CCL stocks jointly, were in different cabins so our friends could take advantage of past guest rates. We submitted the stock form twice, each with the information required, and we each received the OBC.

OP-if you and your DH were each booked in the two different cabins, and own stocks jointly, then you could apply for the separate OBCs. The kids' last names are irrelevant in this case. Sorry.

Thank you! Just submitted both letters. We'll see what happens...

When I booked a cruise last year, DH and I, who own CCL stocks jointly, were in different cabins so our friends could take advantage of past guest rates. We submitted the stock form twice, each with the information required, and we each received the OBC....

So glad to have someone else confirm this for me- I have been a lone voice crying in the wilderness about this OBC for quite some time now.

So glad to have someone else confirm this for me- I have been a lone voice crying in the wilderness about this OBC for quite some time now.

My pleasure.

In hindsight, we were stupid when we booked a family cruise a year ago. We booked one cabin for ourselves and another for our grown DSs. Had I paid attention to what I was doing, I would have put my DH and me in with one DS each and we could have received $200 OBC.

We had a wonderful cruise and enjoyed our $100. (Plus another $100 for our FCC. :D) Don't know the next time we'll be able to cruise together. (Maybe 2015, when oldest DS graduates from law school.)

Thank you! Just submitted both letters. We'll see what happens...

Let me know what happens. My DH and FIL are joint account holders (owning 100 shares) and I am curious if they both can get the credit. DH and I both have some Carnival stock but we are not at 100 yet. It would be great if they both get the credit since we are sailing together next month.

Let me know what happens. My DH and FIL are joint account holders (owning 100 shares) and I am curious if they both can get the credit. DH and I both have some Carnival stock but we are not at 100 yet. It would be great if they both get the credit since we are sailing together next month.

If DH and DFIL are booked in separate cabins, then they should each be able to enjoy and spend their OBCs.

Stargate- I am just glad that you and 5waldos have actually done this, so many people have been on here saying absolutely not possible. They are booked in seperate rooms and this will be our first sailing that any of us have been able to use the stock credit, so I am very new to this :)

How do they notify you of the OBC? Thank you for putting up with new newbie questions! Kahterine

We got an email saying it had been credited to our account. Go to your Carnival Manage your Cruise and Print out Documents. On page 2 (I think) where it list the charges you will find the OBC listed below the official box.

Stargate- I am just glad that you and 5waldos have actually done this, so many people have been on here saying absolutely not possible. They are booked in seperate rooms and this will be our first sailing that any of us have been able to use the stock credit, so I am very new to this :)

And I am so glad that someone besides me were successful with this- I have been told countless times that I couldn't have done it or if I did, I was sneaky and cheating. Hard to cheat when your PVP suggests it and arranges it for you.

Archived