Are future cruise certificates really being discontinued after this month?

rwilk1129

Here is the latest news on the upcoming discontinuation of the Future Carnival Vacations certificate program. The decision to discontinue this program was made based on the economic performance of the program. For all sailings departing on or after September 27, 2012 we will no longer offer the Future Carnival Vacations certificate for purchase. All outstanding certificates will be honored up to the expiration date printed on the face of the certificate. While the certificate offer will be discontinued fleet wide, you willl still be offered the convenience of making a confirmed booking onboard during their cruise. Loyalty & Cruise Experts will assist guests in booking their next cruise at the Future Carnival Vacations desk on all ships, except for the Carnival Imagination, Inspiration, Sensation, Spirit and Victory. Guests will be able to select the ship and sail date of their next cruise, and will receive an Onboard Credit of up to $200 per stateroom for their next sailing. The Onboard Credit can be used in conjunction with any other promotion, excluding interline, friends & family and employee reduced rate travel.

UGGGGGG I sail September 30, 2012 and was going to buy 4 !!!!

Here is the latest news on the upcoming discontinuation of the Future Carnival Vacations certificate program. The decision to discontinue this program was made based on the economic performance of the program. For all sailings departing on or after September 27, 2012 we will no longer offer the Future Carnival Vacations certificate for purchase. All outstanding certificates will be honored up to the expiration date printed on the face of the certificate. While the certificate offer will be discontinued fleet wide, you willl still be offered the convenience of making a confirmed booking onboard during their cruise. Loyalty & Cruise Experts will assist guests in booking their next cruise at the Future Carnival Vacations desk on all ships, except for the Carnival Imagination, Inspiration, Sensation, Spirit and Victory. Guests will be able to select the ship and sail date of their next cruise, and will receive an Onboard Credit of up to $200 per stateroom for their next sailing. The Onboard Credit can be used in conjunction with any other promotion, excluding interline, friends & family and employee reduced rate travel.

UGGGGGG I sail September 30, 2012 and was going to buy 4 !!!!

Very disappointing as I was planning on buying 2 more FCC on my next cruise Jan. 2013. Used the two I had on my 2013 B2B cruises.

Wow, I bought 2 last year and am using them on our cruise in November. Sorry to see the program go, I knew it was too good to last.

How can you pass up a $100 fee for $100 "deposit" towards your next cruise (that's how we were able to apply it) and $100 OBC??

Doesn't bother me anymore, I'm sailing NCL next year, where I can get cruises actually on SALE and OBC direct.

Dang!:mad: I wish I had known on our cruise last month I would have bought a lot more than the 1 that I did. We don't cruise again until February, so I guess I've used my last FCC.:(

This is one of the worst cut-backs Carnival has made, IMO. The FCC is one small reason that has kept me cruising with Carnival. Now I have one less reason to stay with them. Keep this up, Carnival, and you'll succeed in pushing us to other lines.:mad:

The Future Cruise Certificate we bought a couple of years ago expires in February 2014, so I figured we needed to cruise Carnival in 2013. We had originally planned to do something other than a Carnival cruise, but the certificate did encourage us to book Dream for July 2013. I would probably have bought another certificate next July if they were still going to offer them.

Cahill flunked econ.

They have your money in advance and promise you some money IF you redeem it.

You lose it or forget about it they still have your money.

$100 OBC is not a lot as many cruises are deeply discounted, especially in off season. People who have them tell others about cruising, free advertising for carnival.

This is another real dumb idea. A few deum ideas ago I stopped capitalizing carnival.

Wow, I bought 2 last year and am using them on our cruise in November. Sorry to see the program go, I knew it was too good to last.

How can you pass up a $100 fee for $100 "deposit" towards your next cruise (that's how we were able to apply it) and $100 OBC??

Doesn't bother me anymore, I'm sailing NCL next year, where I can get cruises actually on SALE and OBC direct.

And you can buy their version of the Future cruise certificate and get $100 OBC immediately and $250 for your entire cabin deposit all for $250.00

Archived