Carnival Destiny B2B Epic Review! Tons of Pics, Menus, Food, FunTimes, & Documents!!!

dvdkndy

After laying around relaxing for a couple hours, we decided to walk up and get some lunch.

file-322.jpg

file-1278.jpg

We tried the jerk chicken, burgers, and some of the sides. We got our plates and silverware then we walked back to our cabana to have lunch with each other. The rest of the day we relaxed in the water, napped, snorkeled, read, and just really had a relaxing day. I decided to walk down the beach and as I was walking down there I ran into Sam from our roll call. I invited him and his wife to come over to the cabana and hang out with us. They came over and for the next couple hours we sat around talking about life, sharing stories, and eating snacks. It was great getting to know them and little did we know that from this point on we would see more of each other than we ever knew.

Is that where they serve lunch out of now....the pirate ship??? Last time we were in HMC it was served under a big tent/ picnic area

When we got back on the ship, we went to our room and showered for dinner.

file-838.jpg

That night for dinner, I ordered the chicken tenders marinated in Thai spices and my wife had the fruit plate.

file-981.jpg

file-457.jpg

For my main course I ordered the beer battered fried fish, which I thought, was slightly over cooked, however wasn't bad. My wife had the bacon mac & cheese and she absolutely loved it. It was so good that she forgot to snap a picture before she started eating it!

file-2471.jpg

file-361.jpg

For dessert I had to grand mariner soufflé and of course my wife had warm chocolate melting cake.

file-2415.jpg

Is that where they serve lunch out of now....the pirate ship??? Last time we were in HMC it was served under a big tent/ picnic area

It was just on the other side of the pirate ship. The pirate ship is the bar area. Sorry for the confusion.

The Cabana sounds nice but just not on HMC long enough to justify. I think we are going to do snorkel excursion and then hang on the beach. By the time you stand in line to get off the ship and then another line to get back to the ship plus the tender time, how much time are you on the island?

The Cabana sounds nice but just not on HMC long enough to justify. I think we are going to do snorkel excursion and then hang on the beach. By the time you stand in line to get off the ship and then another line to get back to the ship plus the tender time, how much time are you on the island?

We were on the first tender to shore and we were on one of the lest 5 coming back. We were on the island, literally with feet in the sand, for almost 7 hours total. Do not hesitate doing it! It is so worth the money!

How long is the tender ride? They cancel it from time to time because of unfavorable conditions. Is it as far as Belize or Grand Cayman? Also my mistake. I was getting confused with GT which is like 730-230. After you said 7 hours in the sand, I took another look at the itinerary. Feel better now.

Thanks

Edited by golfb4cruzing

How long is the tender ride? They cancel it from time to time because of unfavorable conditions. Is it as far as Belize or Grand Cayman? Also my mistake. I was getting confused with GT which is like 730-230. After you said 7 hours in the sand, I took another look at the itinerary. Feel better now.

Thanks

The tender boat ride to shore will last approximately 1-2 minutes top. Not long at all

its more than five minutes, it is more like 15 or so - but my understanding is that they cancel due to high seas not because of the length of the ride, but because in high seas having another ship attached can be dangerous for the ships and the pax as they try to move from one ship to the other...

Love this review, and I just wanted to add (since I saw the picture of the harbor pilot boat) - the pilot is actually on the Destiny and taking it out of the harbor in Miami. If you are in a balcony on the odd numbered side - starboard? (we were in 7309), you can see the harbor pilot boat catch up to and piull up right next to the ship, and the harbor pilot jumps over and waved to everyone, we all cheered. I have some pictures somewhere, willl see if I can find and post!

Totally off topic, I love the qua;lity of your pics. Would you mind telling me what kind of camera you have? I need a new one and am very impressed by your pics - and your review too!!! I'm going to HMC in January and we have booked Cabana's so it was exciting to read how much you enjoyed yours.

I an going on our first cruise in January on the Destiny. Your review has made me even more excited! After I found this website and read the reviews of the Destiny, I thought "Oh no, if this isn't a good experience I'll never get my spouse n a ship again"! After reading your review and seeing your pictures, I am certain we will have a good time! Thanks so much for this review. It has made my day!!