Carnival Destiny B2B Epic Review! Tons of Pics, Menus, Food, FunTimes, & Documents!!!

dvdkndy

Totally off topic, I love the qua;lity of your pics. Would you mind telling me what kind of camera you have? I need a new one and am very impressed by your pics - and your review too!!! I'm going to HMC in January and we have booked Cabana's so it was exciting to read how much you enjoyed yours.

Not taking ANYTHING away from the OP because I am LOVING his review!! However, take a look at the September 19 Breeze review. I just purchased a Nikon D7000 because of the quality of the pics. I honestly thought the poster had pulled his pics from a website. They are that good.

I'm sure enjoying your trip report...

Love Love, the Pink Thong... That was so funny...

One day I want to take this very cruise. Turks and Half Moon Cay...

I love the picture of you and your wife's toes and the ships in port... nice shot...

Looking forward to more...

Texnewbie

Carolyn

Edited by texnewbie

I just got off this exact trip TODAY. This post was so helpful in many ways. I WISH I had know about getting on the top of the tender. We also had a cabana (actually 2 between a big group) - it was perfect. We bought buckets of beer from the beach staff and never even went to the buffet for lunch. Didn't want to leave the beach!!!!! This was heaven and NOT to be missed. We had the last 2 cabanas - numbers 14 & 15. I have a photo but don't know how to insert it. Sorry.

David! Where art though David. I spent my entire Saturday afternoon reading this post from page 1. I totally enjoy it. Felt as if I was there with you. Hope we get a chance to read more.

I have the same question as another reader - if you dont mind what type of camera do you have? The pictures are really nice. I need a new camera to take on my cruise Dec 1.

Edited by Kfoot

David, hope things are well and you have just gotten busy or are at the Reds playoff games. We are on the Destiny at the end of the month and love your review.

Same question on the photos.

Who knew you could get groupies on Cruise Critic.

I just got off this exact trip TODAY. This post was so helpful in many ways. I WISH I had know about getting on the top of the tender. We also had a cabana (actually 2 between a big group) - it was perfect. We bought buckets of beer from the beach staff and never even went to the buffet for lunch. Didn't want to leave the beach!!!!! This was heaven and NOT to be missed. We had the last 2 cabanas - numbers 14 & 15. I have a photo but don't know how to insert it. Sorry.

Jane, can you tell me if Cabanas 14 and 15 have hammocks next to them? I can't remember if the cabanas at the far end have hammocks or not. Thanks!!

And to the original Poster of this review, I am loving your review! I hope you come back to finish it!! :)

Loving your review, My DW & DS and myself just got back from this cruise oct/1-6/2012. I hope you dont mind but I pretty much saved every photo you took (except for the ones with you or your wife were in) to supliment my own photos. Lets face it the camera on an iphone4s just doesnt cut it and you're a much better photographer than i am! Cant wait to read the rest of your review!!!

Loving your review, My DW & DS and myself just got back from this cruise oct/1-6/2012. I hope you dont mind but I pretty much saved every photo you took (except for the ones with you or your wife were in) to supliment my own photos. Lets face it the camera on an iphone4s just doesnt cut it and you're a much better photographer than i am! Cant wait to read the rest of your review!!!

LOL, I did the same thing, I took a lot of his more generic pics of the ship since we did not take many. We were on the Destiny Sep 13 - 17 and it was absolutely wonderful.

I hope all is well with OP and he comes back soon, I was eagerly awaiting his review of the 2nd part of the trip since that is the one we were on!

Thanks for your detailed review dvdkndy. I am really enjoying it and have read all 14 pages this aftenoon. Looking forward to your continuing adventres of your first leg of the B2B as well as your second leg.

He's okay. I think his job is heating up right now. Upwards is starting and he is really busy according to his FB messages. I'll nag him to come back and finish the review. We didn't take nearly as many pictures as David and Alicia--although when you see the pictures of Ocho Rios, thank my husband Wil (he's the bald guy from the roll call :p).

Off to nag Dave to come finish his homework!

... review! We were at HMC last year on the Liberty and rented #13. Definitely worth it!

I appreciate how you enjoy your vacations - I too am in full time ministry, and we ENJOY our cruises! We are at the "other end" of Ohio, up in the Toledo area, and ministry is rewarding but also draining.

We now travel with many of our good friends from the Church, so far 25 of us are going on the Liberty again in January. The great thing about a cruise is that you can "hang" with them or just be alone with the DW. Your choice. Our group grows a little each year - we figure in a few years, we'll just rent the whole boat!:D

Love your "behind the scenes" perspective so far... Very different from most reviews here. Keep up the great review!

God Bless,

Bruce

aka Counsel

Edited by Counsel

Jane, can you tell me if Cabanas 14 and 15 have hammocks next to them? I can't remember if the cabanas at the far end have hammocks or not. Thanks!!

And to the original Poster of this review, I am loving your review! I hope you come back to finish it!! :)

I recall seeing hammock but it was not next to 15 (which was mine) and I don't recall seeing one between 14 & 13. Must be just a few down from there. We loved having the last two as we didn't get as many "others" plunking down in from of our cabana. I would hate being in those first few. We did have people try to take our loungers but we ran them off - lol.

I recall seeing hammock but it was not next to 15 (which was mine) and I don't recall seeing one between 14 & 13. Must be just a few down from there. We loved having the last two as we didn't get as many "others" plunking down in from of our cabana. I would hate being in those first few. We did have people try to take our loungers but we ran them off - lol.

Thanks so much! Last year we rented cabana #10 and there was a hammock nect to it. This next cruise I would definitely like to pick a cabana even further down (but I also really want a hammock ;))

And to the original poster of this thread, sorry for hijacking your thread to ask about cabanas. I hope you come back and finish this review! We are just chit-chatting and waiting patiently for more of your awesome review!!

Thanks so much! Last year we rented cabana #10 and there was a hammock nect to it. This next cruise I would definitely like to pick a cabana even further down (but I also really want a hammock ;))

And to the original poster of this thread, sorry for hijacking your thread to ask about cabanas. I hope you come back and finish this review! We are just chit-chatting and waiting patiently for more of your awesome review!!

In May I had Cabana #11 so I had 2 hammocks :D

There is the one between #10 and #11 and then there is one between #11 and #12.

I loved the location. Not that far from #15 so I really don't think going down any further would really matter. We didn't have many people in front of us and nobody tried to use our cabana or shower. Would definately book #11 again.