Flash Mob Dance

janetz

My daughter and I have done this a few times. Twice on a Freedom B2B, and last Spring on our Jewell TA.

Honestly, it's probably more fun for the participants than anybody else. I can't say the crowd was very engaged or appreciative. I'm not sure they even "got it".

That didn't matter. We had a few dance classes to learn it, which were very fun. It's the same routine no matter what ship, so you can get better at it after a couple of cruises :o

To learn Thriller we had 3 "official" 1-hour classes and then groups of us got together 2 additional times to practice. Thriller has a lot of steps but I think we did a pretty good job remembering them. Ask me today and I can probably do only 1/4 of the dance...but that's 1/4 more than I knew before the cruise.

To learn Thriller we had 3 "official" 1-hour classes and then groups of us got together 2 additional times to practice. Thriller has a lot of steps but I think we did a pretty good job remembering them. Ask me today and I can probably do only 1/4 of the dance...but that's 1/4 more than I knew before the cruise.

That is alot of practice but yes, the dance has many moves. I love to dance. Hope someone did a video forr you. :)

You'll see Dance Class or Dance Club in the daily program. On a Celebrity ship it was Dance Club and our class performed at the end of the crew show.

I was a "soloist" with our teacher Andres on "Kung Fu Fighting". Several hours later I'm on the elevator and a woman says to her companion, in German, that's one of the dancers.

Did I feel honored! I responded in very bad German that she was correct.

It's not a flash mob if it's an organized cruise activity announced by the staff. Was the performance time listed in the cruise calendar as well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The classes are announced, but not the performance date/time. You have to participate in the classes to get that info.

I watched the video and was so prepared to do the dance class on the Freedom this past July. It was not in the cruise compass, and never saw it on board.

Still do not know if they had it on our sailing.

But, this upcoming July.......on Allure....I will be there camera in hand.

Safe travels

Sue and crew

I wish when I was on Voyager they did it like that.

We took the MJ dance class just for fun and I knew some Thriller would be in there so went to learn. He also did 2 other dances too. After Thriller he said-let's Flash Mob now up on the promenade. Man, that's when I said-we needed more classes!!!:D

He also did the Lady Gaga dance class the same. Three dances we tried to learn. I admit-I was a dancing mess!!!:o Thankfully-there was no Flash Mob involved after that class.

I'm SO going to do this if they have it on the Enchantment of the Seas!

We participated on Enchantment a couple of weeks ago. We met up and did YMCA. Learned about during Quest. Fun for us, but not sure onlookers really knew what was going on :-);)

We participated on Enchantment a couple of weeks ago. We met up and did YMCA. Learned about during Quest. Fun for us, but not sure onlookers really knew what was going on :-);)

Cool. We've played Quest before... not sure hubby is up to it again ;-). But we can go watch!

The classes are announced, but not the performance date/time. You have to participate in the classes to get that info.
Just got off Oasis, and they were all listed as a "Surprise Moment" with time/location info in the Compass.

Archived