getting reidel glasses for room

seabreeze78

ok Did the Reidel tour last cruise ...recommend it to anyone.:) If you are bringing wine onboard ..has anyone requested the glasses and have recieved them for your own use? How about requesting them in Blu or any speciality restaurant ( I know they will in Murano)

ok Did the Reidel tour last cruise ...recommend it to anyone.:) If you are bringing wine onboard ..has anyone requested the glasses and have recieved them for your own use? How about requesting them in Blu or any speciality restaurant ( I know they will in Murano)

It has been our experience that when we have purchased several bottles of wine at one time that we also request the Reidel glasses ( and receive them) anywhere we are dining. We have not requested them for our cabin but you can try. Let me know how that gors. We will try do do do next cruise.

I'd be interested to know what was the 'nominal fee' for the Riedel workshop. We're on the Wine cruise next month and that would be an interesting activity on board although it appears that most of the interesting activities are chargeable!

I'd be interested to know what was the 'nominal fee' for the Riedel workshop. We're on the Wine cruise next month and that would be an interesting activity on board although it appears that most of the interesting activities are chargeable!

It was something like $75 a person (I believe) and you get a certificate for a set of Riedel glasses. It's a good deal when you consider how much their crystal is. I don't remember the exact price because we paid $15 to do a tasting only. There was a shortage on the Riedel end of product. Seriously, we would have never believed there was any difference in the taste of wine, but because of this workshop, I now drink wines I previously would have snubbed. We came back from the cruise and bought a tasting set from a internet store.

We were dining in Blu, and I ordered a bottle of wine. Received a Reidel glass with my wine. When I was leaving with a 1/2 glass of wine and the remainder of my bottle, they made it a point to transfer my wine from my Reidel glass to a normal wine glass prior to leaving Blu. So, I doubt, unless you are in a RS or the Penthouse that they would provide you Reidel glasses for your stateroom.

P.S. I think we paid $15 + 15% for the Reidel tasting workship. Glasses not included. It was well worth the experience, especially if you didn't want to carry the glasses off or have them mailed to you.

It was something like $75 a person (I believe) and you get a certificate for a set of Riedel glasses. It's a good deal when you consider how much their crystal is. I don't remember the exact price because we paid $15 to do a tasting only. There was a shortage on the Riedel end of product. Seriously, we would have never believed there was any difference in the taste of wine, but because of this workshop, I now drink wines I previously would have snubbed. We came back from the cruise and bought a tasting set from a internet store.

Are you saying that you will get glasses to take home after the workshop?

If you pay 82.00 for the workshop, you will either get a set of glasses to take home or you get a voucher to have glasses sent to you at home. I figured it would be a long shot to inquire about glasses for the room ..but it never hurts to ask:)

I took the workshop in Feb. and thought it was very, very good. The taste difference in the wines was so profound that I have delightfully tried to re-create the event for my friends back home. Of course I also bought the glasses, and I'm so glad that I did! The most amazing "flavor" change to me was the Chardonnay--in the joker glass it was simply Chardonnay, but in the Riedel glass it tasted and smelled like Hawaii to me. I think the class is a big bang for the buck!

If you pay 82.00 for the workshop, you will either get a set of glasses to take home or you get a voucher to have glasses sent to you at home. I figured it would be a long shot to inquire about glasses for the room ..but it never hurts to ask:)

I paid to have the glasses mailed to my home and they arrived beautifully. Now that I have taken the class and am presumably in the "system", I think I will ask for the glass on my next cruise.:D

Wine tasting, workshop & 2 x glasses for $82 - that's pretty good!

Wine tasting, workshop & 2 x glasses for $82 - that's pretty good!

Its really good. I did the same for people back home. Trying 1 type of wine in the 4 different glasses and one of our house glasses. People are amazed how different the wine tasted. One of the best bargains of the ship..and alot of fun

Three things.

1. Did the Reidel Tasting, and brought the "purchased glasses" to our stateroom for the duration of the cruise. It was nice to have them for the pre-dinner wine on the balcony, and during our leisurely time getting ready.

2. We were prepared to bring our Riedel Stemware to the dining room with us, but our sommelier had our places set with our favorite stem types each night. One white each, and One Pinot for me and one Bordeaux for DH. Yes, we purchased bottles a few nights, and also paid corkage on the bottles that we legally brought on board.

3. At the end of the cruise, we boxed up the set (at wine-bar managers request) and brought it back to the wine bar, and they gave us the vouchers for the sets to be mailed to our home. We received both sets a few weeks later after our return home. Had we driven to port, we would have just kept the glassware.

Three things.

1. Did the Reidel Tasting, and brought the "purchased glasses" to our stateroom for the duration of the cruise. It was nice to have them for the pre-dinner wine on the balcony, and during our leisurely time getting ready.

2. We were prepared to bring our Riedel Stemware to the dining room with us, but our sommelier had our places set with our favorite stem types each night. One white each, and One Pinot for me and one Bordeaux for DH. Yes, we purchased bottles a few nights, and also paid corkage on the bottles that we legally brought on board.

3. At the end of the cruise, we boxed up the set (at wine-bar managers request) and brought it back to the wine bar, and they gave us the vouchers for the sets to be mailed to our home. We received both sets a few weeks later after our return home. Had we driven to port, we would have just kept the glassware.

With the vouchers that are given for the glasses to be sent home, how much is the voucher for? Will they send to US addresses only or international - did you have to pay the difference if the actualy delivery was extra? ...And can you confirm that it is 2 x glasses per person? Are the workshops held once per cruise or each day? thanks in advance...

With the vouchers that are given for the glasses to be sent home, how much is the voucher for? Will they send to US addresses only or international - did you have to pay the difference if the actualy delivery was extra? ...And can you confirm that it is 2 x glasses per person? Are the workshops held once per cruise or each day? thanks in advance...

The voucher is for a set of 4 glasses that are Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Bordeaux and Burgundy. It is referred to as the Vinum Set and would sell for about $20.00/glass off the ship. I'm pretty sure the shipping would be more to send to Australia, but check the X website. I think the class is offered more than once /cruise, but not every day. If two people take the class, you can each order a set of glasses.

Archived