What does the color difference on cabins mean on the deck plans?

misty57

I don't know if this really matters, but I just checked our reservation for our Oasis cruise in Feb. There was a price drop on a different category stateroom, so I called and switched for the price difference. When I looked at the deck plans a D3 is a grey color but the stateroom the vacation planner booked for us is a dark orange or rust color. When I pull up the stateroom number it calls it an Oceanview with balcony, but I don't know why the difference in color?? Does anyone know?:confused:

The staterooms are color coded by category. From your description it sounds like you were put into a category D7 room.

Did you intend to get a D3? If so you should talk to your vacation planner and figure out what happened.

The staterooms are color coded by category. From your description it sounds like you were put into a category D7 room.

Did you intend to get a D3? If so you should talk to your vacation planner and figure out what happened.

Also to add: the cabin locations and categories are based on cabin size, what deck the cabin is on, if the cabin is forward, aft, or midship and balcony size on some cabins.

There is no size difference within catagories....all D's will be the same size, despite the number designation. Same with E catagory cabins. So basically, it's location and bedding

Just curious, what has bedding got to do with it? Or do you mean beds? And while all Ds will be the same size the D1s have a slightly larger balcony

Just curious, what has bedding got to do with it? Or do you mean beds? And while all Ds will be the same size the D1s have a slightly larger balcony

I agree that there are differences in balcony size between certain balcony categories.

D1 Balcony's are 80 sq. ft.

All other D category Balcony's are 50 sq. ft.

All D, C, and B Category cabins are 182 sq. ft.

Some beds are by the door and some are by the balcony? perhaps that was what was meant.......

Some beds are by the door and some are by the balcony? perhaps that was what was meant.......

Maybe, I usually think of "bedding" as referring to sheets, blankets, spreads, pillow cases, and maybe mattress pads and pillows. Didn't think any of those were different from room to room, at least in the same category. I suppose suites might have fancy high count egyptian cotton sheets.

There is no size difference within catagories....all D's will be the same size, despite the number designation. Same with E catagory cabins. So basically, it's location and bedding...that's it!

I believe they meant beds...as in the number of people who could be booked in a Cabin...I believe you can find D1's that will hold 3 people...while a D2 may only allow 2...

This is not a determining factor in differing of the cabin categories. The location of the beds in the cabin has to do with how the cabin was constructed and installed in the ship. Some people prefer the bed by the balcony and some prefer it near the closet but that is basically a personal preference.

Archived