Shareholder Benefit for 2 Cabins?

cruis247g

Hello all,

We have held 100 shares of CCL Stock and have used the OBC many times. We usually book two cabins, one in the name of DH and DS1 and one in my name and DS2. In the past we've always received one OBC.

My question: If we hold 200 shares in the same brokerage account, which is under both names (DH and me), may we receive OBC for both rooms? Even though we have two cabins, one in each name, would we be limited because the stock is held jointly by both of us in the same account?

(I realize that there is currently another thread about Shareholder OBC, but I didn't want to hi-jack it for my question, so I decided to post separately. Sorry, if it's confusing.)

Thanks very much to anyone who may have done (tried) this and can help me out!!

Hello all,

We have held 100 shares of CCL Stock and have used the OBC many times. We usually book two cabins, one in the name of DH and DS1 and one in my name and DS2. In the past we've always received one OBC.

My question: If we hold 200 shares in the same brokerage account, which is under both names (DH and me), may we receive OBC for both rooms? Even though we have two cabins, one in each name, would we be limited because the stock is held jointly by both of us in the same account?

(I realize that there is currently another thread about Shareholder OBC, but I didn't want to hi-jack it for my question, so I decided to post separately. Sorry, if it's confusing.)

If I understand you correctly both you and your husband jointly own at least 100 shares, and each of you has booked a separate stateroom. According to the CCL website "Only one onboard credit per shareholder stateroom." I read this as meaning each stateroom booked is eligible as long as a stockholder is booked in that stateroom. So I would say you have a chance. Suggest you call Princess stockholder benefit program line at 1 800 872 6779 x30317. Good luck.

My DH and I each own 100 shares in our separate retirement plans. We book two staterooms, one of us with each kid. Then we get the shareholder benefit for both staterooms.

But that's not what the OP has. What you have is perfectly fine since you have individual ownership in individual accounts.

Hello all,

OK. Here's what you do with a joint account that has 200 shares. Submit for one cabin in your name. Wait until that one is credited and then submit for the other cabin in DH name. You have two different booking numbers so this should be processed without difficulty.

OK. Here's what you do with a joint account that has 200 shares. Submit for one cabin in your name. Wait until that one is credited and then submit for the other cabin in DH name. You have two different booking numbers so this should be processed without difficulty.

That should work as long as they are sent in seperatly with diffrent booking numbers.

~Doris~

Even with two booking numbers Princess/Carnival should pick up the fact that the stock has been used for an obc on that cruise. You need separate ownership of 100 shares, not joint ownership of 200.

That is my understanding also. Each person must own 100 shares, not a joint 200.

You need separate ownership of 100 shares, not joint ownership of 200.

That is my understanding also. Each person must own 100 shares, not a joint 200.

This is my understanding as well. That's why I posted what I did in my post #5 above. The OP's post made it sound like maybe they had not yet purchased the additional 100 shares. If they can find a way to hold the second 100 shares in a separate account, it would presumably work.

My DH and I each own 100 shares in our separate retirement plans. We book two staterooms, one of us with each kid. Then we get the shareholder benefit for both staterooms.

Wow, am I dumb! I have been thinking about buying Carnival stock to potentially take advantage of the OBC, but with one kid just starting college and the other one planning her wedding, I just don't have that much extra disposable funds right now. I did not realize that you could hold that stock in a retirement account and receive the onboard credit. What exactly then do you need from your IRA to prove that you own the stock? I'm definitely going to look into this, not sure when our next Princess cruise will be so I've got time to figure it out.

Wow, am I dumb! I have been thinking about buying Carnival stock to potentially take advantage of the OBC, but with one kid just starting college and the other one planning her wedding, I just don't have that much extra disposable funds right now. I did not realize that you could hold that stock in a retirement account and receive the onboard credit. What exactly then do you need from your IRA to prove that you own the stock? I'm definitely going to look into this, not sure when our next Princess cruise will be so I've got time to figure it out.

Your online or mailed statement of your IRA holdings should list the stock ownership and be all you need.

That should work as long as they are sent in seperatly with diffrent booking numbers.

~Doris~

Even with two booking numbers Princess/Carnival should pick up the fact that the stock has been used for an obc on that cruise. You need separate ownership of 100 shares, not joint ownership of 200.

It will work.

Your online or mailed statement of your IRA holdings should list the stock ownership and be all you need.

I don't really want Princess to know the value of my IRA, I suppose I could redact the total and every line item except that particular stock. I think I'll wait and see if the stock comes down a bit and then have my investment broker buy my shares for me. Of course, I need to book another cruise in order to make it worth my while, right? :) Does Carnival pay dividends?

I agree ...

I don't really want Princess to know the value of my IRA, I suppose I could redact the total and every line item except that particular stock. I think I'll wait and see if the stock comes down a bit and then have my investment broker buy my shares for me. Of course, I need to book another cruise in order to make it worth my while, right? :) Does Carnival pay dividends?

Yes CCL pays quarterly dividends of $0.25per share, i.e. annual dividend of $100 for 100 shares that you've paid maybe $3000 for, so about 3.3%

But the real dividend is the OBC, which is LOT more fun :) m--

Do you really think someone who is processing the submissions really cares how much and what you have in your brokerage account? And even if they do, so what? Some people just black out what they don't want seen and just show the CCL product. Me? I really don't give a hoot who know what, because they're not getting any of it and they can't do anything with the information.

I've been a CCL shareholder for 14 years and you bet they pay dividends. And after all this time, my initial stock purchase is free.

Do you really think someone who is processing the submissions really cares how much and what you have in your brokerage account? And even if they do, so what? Some people just black out what they don't want seen and just show the CCL product. Me? I really don't give a hoot who know what, because they're not getting any of it and they can't do anything with the information.

I've been a CCL shareholder for 14 years and you bet they pay dividends. And after all this time, my initial stock purchase is free.

Like you I doubt they even look to see what else you own. They see enough statements. They just don't care.

Just got off the phone with Princess confirming joint ownership of 100 shares is perfectly acceptable to allow a credit for each room if you have a shareholder registered in each room. I book with our daughter and my DH books with our son and that will provide a credit of $500 total for a 20 day cruise. I will gratefully accept that!

Just got off the phone with Princess confirming joint ownership of 100 shares is perfectly acceptable to allow a credit for each room if you have a shareholder registered in each room. I book with our daughter and my DH books with our son and that will provide a credit of $500 total for a 20 day cruise. I will gratefully accept that!

Do you have to have the shares when you book or can you purchase them at anytime? My husband and I each have a balcony stateroom with each of our boys and would definitely purchase 100 shares jointly if it meant that we would each get a $250 OBC for our 15 night R/T Hawaii cruise out of SF!

You can book your cruise, then buy your shares, then submit the paperwork a least 2 weeks before sialing, but I'd send it in sooner if possible. You'll need a statement from your financial institution that shows your names and ownership of 100 shars of CCL.

For two cabins, I would send two separate submittals, one with one name highlighted or circled and the booking number on the statement copy. Then similarly for the other booking and other stock owner. You may choose to black out any information on the statement that you don't want "floating around" such as your other assets and account number. m--

You can book your cruise, then buy your shares, then submit the paperwork a least 2 weeks before sialing, but I'd send it in sooner if possible. You'll need a statement from your financial institution that shows your names and ownership of 100 shars of CCL.

For two cabins, I would send two separate submittals, one with one name highlighted or circled and the booking number on the statement copy. Then similarly for the other booking and other stock owner. You may choose to black out any information on the statement that you don't want "floating around" such as your other assets and account number. m--

Thank you so much! So how long do you have to keep the stock for? Can you purchase, print, then sell the stock or do they verify that you still have the stock upon sailing? This is my first Princess cruise, so I really appreciate the information!

Archived