Vision update !!!

wallypbear

For all you Vision enthusiasts. The Port Everglades Harbor Master currently has the Vision scheduled to receive the pilot boat next Friday Oct 5 at 6am. She will be docking at cruise terminal 4. Sailing time is scheduled for 4pm. I know I will be watching on the webcam.:D

So begins the winter travel season. Yippee - more traffic on the webcams. Absolutely love it. Any idea when the next wave of ships start showing up?

Harbor Master only posts a week in advance. Cruisetimetables.com will have all the upcoming sailings for the 2012/2013 season.

Will be watching right at the inlet and waving to a CC friend who will be onboard with a pink boa. Next day will be our turn to wave from Oasis. Look forward to seeing Vision. Does anyone know if she has ever sailed out/home ported in Port Everglades in the past?

Marinetraffic.com does fine. There's a couple of others, but they're basically the same system.

Right now, Vision is out in the boonies out of range. Likely won't see her in range again until early next Thursday morning.

Thanks Darkwolfe. That's my go to tracker. I have another that I like. Though it does not always post actual position. Just Scheduled.It does give nautical miles from last port to next and how many hours, distance to next port. The website's origin is the U.K. Can not post because website sells cruises.

Thanks Darkwolfe. That's my go to tracker. I have another that I like. Though it does not always post actual position. Just Scheduled.It does give nautical miles from last port to next and how many hours, distance to next port. The website's origin is the U.K. Can not post because website sells cruises.

Yep, I know which one you mean as Marine Traffic is where they get their data from. They do show actual when Marine Traffic has actual now. At least on most ships.

For all you Vision enthusiasts. The Port Everglades Harbor Master currently has the Vision scheduled to receive the pilot boat next Friday Oct 5 at 6am. She will be docking at cruise terminal 4. Sailing time is scheduled for 4pm. I know I will be watching on the webcam.:D

Hi,

I was just looking for the record of last CDC and or Coast Guard inspection done on the Vision - it shows the last date as 10-26-2008 ..... could that be right ?

http://wwwn.cdc.gov/InspectionQueryTool/InspectionResults.aspx

Looks like it might be a long day for the Vision on the Oct 5, 2012 ( or shortly after).

Isn't #4 the same one that Indy & Liberty use when there.

Princess is at 4 and 2 most of the time.Grand Princess used 21 last season with Carnival.Carnival also used 19. Royal Caribbean Oasis, Allure at 18. Liberty was at 25. Navigator was at 29. Celebrity Solstice was at 25 and Equinox at 18. Holland was all over the port 26,25,19,29,21. MSC used 4. porteverglades.net for maps, arrival and departures information.

We board the Vision Oct 5th for two back-to-back 14 night Panama Canal Cruises.

Itinerary-West.gifItinerary-East.gif

28 nights will be our longest cruise ever!

I will start a "Live Report" on Thursday night, Oct 4th. Watch for it!

Woohoo, can't wait Trainman! Vision was the 1st ship we were ever on and started this whole cruising obsession!:D

Looking forward to that! Take good care of her as we will board on 11/2 as you depart.

Hi,

I was just looking for the record of last CDC and or Coast Guard inspection done on the Vision - it shows the last date as 10-26-2008 ..... could that be right ?

http://wwwn.cdc.gov/InspectionQueryTool/InspectionResults.aspx

Looks like it might be a long day for the Vision on the Oct 5, 2012 ( or shortly after).

Yes it is probably accurate. Vision hasn't docked at a US port for several years. :)

Thank you for the reply. It just seemed to me as a long time between inspections ...... but if the ship was not in the US, that makes the explanation easy to understand.

I remember last year when the Navigator came back from Europe and was inspected prety much on its return. Many people had their embarkation delayed by few hours.

I guess Vision is facing that too.

I/we have cruise booked on Vision in Dec.

YA-HOO! Trainman is almost back. It's been quite a while and can't wait to "cruise along" with you and Judith. Have also been waiting to see the "new and improved" Trainman - that is, if you haven't fallen off the wagon like I have, many times.

Our first ever cruise was on a Vision class ship (Legend OTS) up in Alaska). It'll be interesting to see the inside of Vision.

Thanks in advance, Trainman, for all your hard work posting "Live From"s.

I will be glued to CC for those 28 days.:D ......Bon Voyage!!!!

We'll be on the Vision next February - and I can't wait for Trainman's review! I already have it marked on my calendar! :);):D:eek:

Archived