Grand Cayman excursion

has anyone ever taken the "Turtle/StingRay Land and Sea Adventure" excursion with Royal Caribbean? We really want to swim with the rays in GC and there are many independent vendors that offer stingray swims. But RCCL is offering this with a turtle farm visit, something we also want to do. My question is this....would I get a better experience with the rays if I book a Stringray alone tour, or do I buy this combo through the cruise line and hope it's not crammed into the day?

cannot help you with that part.....

but...

if you take the ship's stingray tour. be prepared for:

100 people flopping around in the water.

elbow to elbow

jammed boats or catamarans

shorter time frame on the sandbars with the rays

We did the ship stingray/ reef excursion. We were the first excursion off the boat and when we got to stingray city we were the only boat. We had plenty of time to experience the stingrays. Guides were great. When we were leaving there were probably 10 boats and wall to wall people. We loved the sting rays.

We did it last April and it was great. We spent only a few minutes at "Hell", but that was all one needs. The turtle farm was fun. Guarded tour for awhile and a chance to hold the baby turtles, and then some time to spend on your own. Got to try the turtle soup, really good. Stringray was wonderful. Not real crowded and the people were great. We bought the video and have really enjoyed it. We have done private excrsions to the rays but this one was just as good. I think there was about 25 people total on this excursion. There was only 5 boats out with the rays, counting ours.

We did this excursion in September. We felt like we spent plenty of time with the stingrays. DH thought it was maybe an hour actually swimming with the stingrays. There weren't many boats when we went, though, so it was not really crowded. We all had lots of interaction with the stingrays. We also had about an hour at the turtle farm. We did not feel rushed and we got to feed the turtles, hold some, and were able to walk around on our own and have lunch. The only places where we were rushed or crowded were Hell and Tortuga Rum Cake factory. It was otherwise a good tour.

Yeah, the stringray adventure is busy with other boats, but we loved the excursion and has been one of our favorites. We took the ship tour that went out on a catamaran, which was 1/2 of the adventure.

I am getting ready to book that one for the first week in December, as I also thought the catamaran sounds like fun. Was transportation to the yacht club included?

Just was there a month ago had a great time Cayman Island. We chose to go with the cruise line because the return time was cutting it close with the private vendor. Anyway chose stingray and rum point great excursion. Yes once you get to the location were the rays are wow there are many many people there. Don't let that scare you I guarantee you'll have a great time.

We booked thru a private Company who offered a jetski tour. There were 6 jetskis... 12 people. So enjoyable. We got to feed stingrays, learn about them and then snorkel at the nearby reef.... We saw the cruise ship groups, etc.... 100 people on a boat. too crowded for us

I did this excursion through Royal. We were a group of around twenty and there were two other boats there and off in the distance, not crowded at all.

We also stopped at the turtle farm and Hell. Weather you you book the tour through the cruise line or privately, they all go to the same sandbar.

Archived