Latitudes cocktail party

calmpets

I've read mixed answers on this, so I'm hoping someone will be able to provide first-hand knowledge. I am a Latitudes member, but my husband will be sailing for the first time on NCL. Will I be able to bring him to the Latitudes cocktail party, or should I plan on attending by myself?

I've read mixed answers on this, so I'm hoping someone will be able to provide first-hand knowledge. I am a Latitudes member, but my husband will be sailing for the first time on NCL. Will I be able to bring him to the Latitudes cocktail party, or should I plan on attending by myself?

I accompanied my wife last year to the lattitudes member party. It was my first NCL cruise and her second. No questions were asked.

Was wondering the same thing. Going on the Epic next month and have my mom in my room and my two daughters in connecting. I never bothered doing any of the cocktail parties before so not sure who I can bring if I even decide to go. Is it just who I share the room with or my daughters too? Like I said we never have done any even though able to but want to know what my options are. Thanks!

I have a question also: I will be cruising in November on the Sky for the 1st time. On NCL's website, they gave me a Latitudes number.

Would I be allowed to attend a cocktail party even though it's the first time on NCL?

If you're included there will be an invitation in your cabin.

I have a question also: I will be cruising in November on the Sky for the 1st time. On NCL's website, they gave me a Latitudes number.

Would I be allowed to attend a cocktail party even though it's the first time on NCL?

Everyone gets assigned a Latitudes Number for their first booking, however their Member Status is "Prospect" until:

1.) Completion of their first sailing, and;

2.) Logging into the website and confirming, or calling NCL to confirm.

Once "confirmed" the status will change to Bronze, or whichever status has been attained after that first sailing.

Members who have completed their first cruise and confirmed their membership will then receive invitations in their stateroom, for the appropriate gatherings based upon their Latitudes level.

Hope that helps. ;)

Was wondering the same thing. Going on the Epic next month and have my mom in my room and my two daughters in connecting. I never bothered doing any of the cocktail parties before so not sure who I can bring if I even decide to go. Is it just who I share the room with or my daughters too? Like I said we never have done any even though able to but want to know what my options are. Thanks!

I read on the NCL website where it lists member benefits that there is no Latitudes cocktail party on the Epic. Is that true, and if so, anybody know why they don't do it? Too many Latitudes members on board?

I read on the NCL website where it lists member benefits that there is no Latitudes cocktail party on the Epic. Is that true, and if so, anybody know why they don't do it? Too many Latitudes members on board?

Are you referring to the "Members Only Cocktail Party"? If so that's different from the Latitudes party (I think). Sometimes Latitudes parties are split into 2 parties due to the amount of Latitudes members on board.

I was on the Epic in April for a Transatlantic sailing and there was a Latitudes party, I can't remember if they had the other cocktail party or not.

EDIT: Okay so I went and looked at the Latitudes Rewards section on NCL.com I guess the "Members Only" and Latitudes party are one and the same, but again there was one on the Epic when I was there, whether this was due to the fact that this was a transatlantic with less passengers than normal or not, I don't know, but there was one.

Edited by xenagurl

Everyone gets assigned a Latitudes Number for their first booking, however their Member Status is "Prospect" until:

1.) Completion of their first sailing, and;

2.) Logging into the website and confirming, or calling NCL to confirm.

Once "confirmed" the status will change to Bronze, or whichever status has been attained after that first sailing.

Members who have completed their first cruise and confirmed their membership will then receive invitations in their stateroom, for the appropriate gatherings based upon their Latitudes level.

Hope that helps. ;)

It's very helpful - thanks!

There is one for silver and over I believe. Did they change it?

Some on here seem to have had a different experience than we have on the last three cruises. On each of those, they had host at the entrance to each of the Latitudes parties, both the general Latitudes and the Silver and up one. Each person in the cabin got an invitation if they were Latitudes and they were collected before you went in. We saw many (and I mean dozens) turned away for not having the invitation. Some were friends, others in the cabin that were not Latitudes etc. Many upset people but they were very firm. If you said you forgot it, they sent you back to the room for it. No exceptions. Maybe some ships are a little more flexible???

Some on here seem to have had a different experience than we have on the last three cruises. On each of those, they had host at the entrance to each of the Latitudes parties, both the general Latitudes and the Silver and up one. Each person in the cabin got an invitation if they were Latitudes and they were collected before you went in. We saw many (and I mean dozens) turned away for not having the invitation. Some were friends, others in the cabin that were not Latitudes etc. Many upset people but they were very firm. If you said you forgot it, they sent you back to the room for it. No exceptions. Maybe some ships are a little more flexible???

Last year on the Star only my DH got an invitation for the party but I went anyway. They said at the door that the invitation was your entry to the raffle but other than that I didn't need it. And that had I known that I could have gone to guest relations to get an invitation.

I had no problems getting into the party though. I think I recall that it said latitudes on my sea pass card.

Have asked this question a while back and never really got a satisfactory answer that helped. This is along the same lines as this topic so here goes.

Currently, we are at Bronze level as we have only had 1 cruise, next year we'll be on the Spirit for a 12 Day Cruise that was booked well over 9 months out so we will get 12 points for the cruise + 12 more points for the early booking for a total of 24 + 7 = 28. This will get us to the Silver Level.

As soon as we disembark the Spirit on Aug. 3, we will then board the Jade for a 7 Day Cruise. If we contact the Latitudes Rep. on the Jade as soon as we board would we be able to enjoy the Silver Level Perks, or does it take time to get the new points registered to our account @ NCL ? Thanks for your response's.

cheers...the Ump...:D

Edited by umpy10

Have asked this question a while back and never really got a satisfactory answer that helped. This is along the same lines as this topic so here goes.

Currently, we are at Bronze level as we have only had 1 cruise, next year we'll be on the Spirit for a 12 Day Cruise that was booked well over 9 months out so we will get 12 points for the cruise + 12 more points for the early booking for a total of 24 + 7 = 28. This will get us to the Silver Level.

As soon as we disembark the Spirit on Aug. 3, we will then board the Jade for a 7 Day Cruise. If we contact the Latitudes Rep. on the Jade as soon as we board would we be able to enjoy the Silver Level Perks, or does it take time to get the new points registered to our account @ NCL ? Thanks for your response's.

cheers...the Ump...:D

Just take your key card and final bill from the 12 day cruise to show the Latitude Representative on the Jade. They can make sure you get the Silver benefits. The points are usually there within 48 hours after the cruise but they can make sure you get it from the start.

He is welcome to join you. Last February DH's girlfriend joined us at all the special events and was welcomed each time.

See ya there! ;)

Oh my! I just about spit out my beer. I hope you really didn't mean that your "Dear Husband" brought his girlfriend.

Thanks for the laugh this evening.

• Like 1

I could be wrong but I would think many of those onboard would be Latitudes members, or perhaps I overestimate. This will only be my second cruise ever but from the two roll calls I've participated in, I think most were repeat NCL customers - although I do realize even those on the roll call represent only a fraction of overall passengers.

We'll be silver AFTER our upcoming Epic cruise. Bummerrr. There's always the next one I suppose! =)

He is welcome to join you. Last February DH's girlfriend joined us at all the special events and was welcomed each time.

See ya there! ;)

Whoops!!! :o:o Clearly I was not in my right mind this morning. :p

What I really meant to say was DS's girlfriend.

Glad so many of you had a good laugh! :D

• Like 2