Fish bowl glasses

GORDONCHICK

Can you purchase the glass when you buy the drink?

I asked if I could buy one from one of the bartenders, & he just pulled a clean one out of the case and handed it to me. He wouldn't let me pay him for it - so I tipped him really well. They are adorable, and have different sayings on them (though I think they are all the same on a cruise/ship). I don't think another cruiseline has glasses that are this unique/cute.

They had them on the Star this summer. At first I couln't find one anywhere, they were out of them & all the servers kept telling me to check other bars onboard. On Wed night I had ordered the drink but didn't bother asking for the glass anymore . My server brought me the drink, then came back about 10 mins later.

He had remembered me from Monday afternoon asking if they had the glass by the pool. Wed night after he had brought me my drink, he went to Spinnakers & got me one. He came back to the pool area with a big smile saying he had a surprise for me & there was my glass :) The saying is: Ah! So this is what they mean by sea legs (with the Norwegian lil fish on it.) :p

I had a couple from last year filled with shells in our vacation curio, now I have 2 on my NCL Star shelf, one filled with sea glass & one filled with pink Bermuda sand.......

Hopefully they still have them in 2014 on the Gem.

Side note. The Rebellious Fish is my favorite NCL drink w/or w/out the fish bowl glass.

I asked if I could buy one from one of the bartenders, & he just pulled a clean one out of the case and handed it to me. He wouldn't let me pay him for it - so I tipped him really well. They are adorable, and have different sayings on them (though I think they are all the same on a cruise/ship). I don't think another cruiseline has glasses that are this unique/cute.

I specifically asked for one on our Sun cruise and the waiter told me it would not be worth my money. He showed me a glass that was just fishbowl shaped but had no saying or fish on it. It was plain clear glass.

So, was he wrong? Blowing hot air?

I specifically asked for one on our Sun cruise and the waiter told me it would not be worth my money. He showed me a glass that was just fishbowl shaped but had no saying or fish on it. It was plain clear glass.

So, was he wrong? Blowing hot air?

I don't know - but I know someone I can ask. It may be a day or so before I get a reply back - he's a busy HD.

The saying is: Ah! So this is what they mean by sea legs (with the Norwegian lil fish on it.) :p

We have that one too with blue lettering. Another says "I could drink faster if I had gills" with pink letters and the other says "Can you swim a straight line?" in green letters.

We have that one too with blue lettering. Another says "I could drink faster if I had gills" with pink letters and the other says "Can you swim a straight line?" in green letters.

Nice! Mine are all the same some from last year on the Jewel & my most recent one is from the Star. Maybe next year the Gem will have a different one :)

Nice! Mine are all the same some from last year on the Jewel & my most recent one is from the Star. Maybe next year the Gem will have a different one :)

I "think" the blue one is from the Star in May and the other two are from the Dawn in 2009.....forgot to look for them during all the cruises in between.

Bad news folks - according to Sean (the current hotel director on the Star), they've been discontinued. He said they are "currently sourcing a replacement" but I'm pretty sure that won't happen before my cruise in December...

If anyone sails in the future and gets a new glass (or a photo of one while on a cruise), please post a photo!

Bad news folks - according to Sean (the current hotel director on the Star), they've been discontinued. He said they are "currently sourcing a replacement" but I'm pretty sure that won't happen before my cruise in December...

If anyone sails in the future and gets a new glass (or a photo of one while on a cruise), please post a photo!

Nooooooooooo!!! Was looking forward to getting at least one (or more ;-) Rebellious Fish in the cute fish bowl glass on my Epic cruise in January. Fingers crossed a replacement is found before both of our cruises!

Archived