Fish bowl glasses

GORDONCHICK

Bad news folks - according to Sean (the current hotel director on the Star), they've been discontinued. He said they are "currently sourcing a replacement" but I'm pretty sure that won't happen before my cruise in December...

If anyone sails in the future and gets a new glass (or a photo of one while on a cruise), please post a photo!

Well, that explains why I could not get one. Hopefully they will come back...

Bad news folks - according to Sean (the current hotel director on the Star), they've been discontinued. He said they are "currently sourcing a replacement" but I'm pretty sure that won't happen before my cruise in December...

If anyone sails in the future and gets a new glass (or a photo of one while on a cruise), please post a photo!

Hopefully they find a replacement vendor & just not replace them. :( I love my glasses!

This was originally from a CC article:

RebelliousFish.png

I love them...and the drink. Over the years I've collected a set of 6 :D. Unfortunately on the Star in August, my son ordered one at the pool and asked about the glass. They said they didn't have anymore but later that night, he asked again in one of the bars and they said they DID have them...with that said, he never got a glass :confused:

Hopefully they will find a new source...they really are cute!

Those are cute...I collect cruise glasses LOL>> wish I could get a fishbowl

but I did print out coupons for the "free" ncl glass with drink purchase (cocktail or smoothie) from facebook..it is only good first day

Saves,,,ummm...$2 LOL...but hey free

https://www.facebook.com/Norwegiancruiseline#!/photo.php?fbid=10151310680721414&set=pb.43678986413.-2207520000.1349564024&type=1&theater

576405_10151310680721414_756019725_n.jpg

FINALLY was able to get one this past February on the Sky. Every other cruise, I attempted to get one and they were already sold out. Cost is $7.95 plus gratuity and you can get any drink you want in it besides the rebellious fish. Cost is less if you just want the glass or want soda. Very cute!

We just got off the Star last week. I personally inquired about the fish bowl glasses. I was told that they are no longer available and NCL is in the process of determining new souvenir glasses. However, we didn't see anything special this time around. My butler even tried to find a fish bowl glass for me and could not find even one left. :( I already have one fish bowl from the Majesty, but I wanted another to have a pair.

I was on the Star in September and when it was the drink of the day, we ordered a few and asked about the bowl....none to be found anywhere on the ship....

BUT .... :p

when we were at the Chef's table we meet with the hotel director and the food/beverage director. I told them we were disappointed about the lack of " fish bowl" and that it was my 3rd cruise witn NCL and bla bla bla.....and cabin number :D

Sure enough 2 hours after we had fish bowls in our cabin, and they were filled with gummy bears and almond m+m's..... :D:D

I was on the Star in September and when it was the drink of the day, we ordered a few and asked about the bowl....none to be found anywhere on the ship....

when we were at the Chef's table we meet with the hotel director and the food/beverage director. I told them we were disappointed about the lack of " fish bowl" and that it was my 3rd cruise witn NCL and bla bla bla.....and cabin number :D

Sure enough 2 hours after we had fish bowls in our cabin, and they were filled with gummy bears and almond m+m's..... :D:D

That's awesome! :)

That definitely sounds like the work of Sean!

We just got off the Star last week. I personally inquired about the fish bowl glasses. I was told that they are no longer available and NCL is in the process of determining new souvenir glasses. However, we didn't see anything special this time around. My butler even tried to find a fish bowl glass for me and could not find even one left. :( I already have one fish bowl from the Majesty, but I wanted another to have a pair.

The fish bowl glasses were okay but I didn't want to purchase one, though I LOVE the fish going the opposite direction of the other fish. One of my favorite pictures is of my hubby standing at the ship rail, the sun shining through a glass partition, making the fish logo show up in shadow on hubby's back :) .

The glassware I wanted, and tried to purchase, was one of the tall, slender glasses with the picture of the ship on it. Was told those glasses were for use in the bar area, but not to keep :( . Loved that they had the ship, hull art, and name on them - a true souvenir of having been on the ship :cool: .

I hope they either start selling those tall glasses with the ship picture on them again, or another glass incorporating a pic. of the ship and the fish logo on them. That

That's so cool!!

• 2 weeks later...
Hopefully they find a replacement vendor & just not replace them. :( I love my glasses!

I just got off the NCL Pearl and I have a fishbowl in my hands. The featured drink one day was the rebellious fish and I was able to get the bowl. I love it!

bowl_zps0085a7f8.jpg

I just got off the NCL Pearl and I have a fishbowl in my hands. The featured drink one day was the rebellious fish and I was able to get the bowl. I love it!

bowl_zps0085a7f8.jpg

Nice!! :p

We have 2 of them....I think we got them on the Jewel in 2010 (?)

At that time, the drink was called the Blue Lagoon (it was blue, duh, right?)

Funny story....we got them for the sailaway party from the last port of that cruise....everyone was up around the Lido, watching the ship sailaway...(well, maybe not everyone, but alot of us ;) ) So, hubby and I got these Blue Lagoon drinks in the little fishy bowls....and on our way up the stairs to watch the sailaway, a little old lady asked me where she could get one and I directed her to the bar down below....after the sailaway, I passed the lady again, she had the blue drink, but in a plastic cup....and she says to me (loudly)...'Hey, do you know that you paid $3 for that glass!!??' ....to which my reply was..... 'yes I did'....lol :D

I was just reading the thread on rum runners and everyone was saying "don't you realize Norwegian reads these boards!"

Well if they do, they would know how popular these glasses are and how they should keep them.

We have four and use them for pool drinks all summer long. They hold a deceptively large amount and they don't tip over.

:)

Seriously, please! I would pay a few extra bucks to get to keep it! And I'm not even a big alcohol drinker.

I was just reading the thread on rum runners and everyone was saying "don't you realize Norwegian reads these boards!"

Well if they do, they would know how popular these glasses are and how they should keep them.

We have four and use them for pool drinks all summer long. They hold a deceptively large amount and they don't tip over.

:)

Archived