Disembarkation timing

Chinprin

If we have a limo picking us up at 10 AM after our cruise, what time should we choose to disembark? I don't want to leave the limo waiting too long for us. If we choose a 9am disembarkment, is an hour enough time to get out to the street? We definitely plan on getting a porter as we have quite a few bags and twin toddlers in a stroller. Thanks!

We gave a car service a 10 am pickup time from our last cruise on the Jewel out of NYC. It got back on a Sunday (first Sunday in November), and we signed up for self-embarkment. Even though we lined up at 7:30, we didn't get through customs until 10:45. Apparently, they somtimes have customs issues on Sundays in NCL, which sometimes hold things up. We spent almost an hour on at outside deck, freezing (most of the passengers felt like passengers on the Titianic). It was pretty ugly situation.

We HAD to be home by 11 (dd's Confirmation was at noon - poor kid showed up unshowered). On our next NCL cruise out of NYC, we are definitely getting off LAST.

I'd go with 9am. Ship is usually at the dock tied up by 7am.

If you listen to the captain's announcements the day before you're back, he will tell you what time the pilot gets on and what time you'll be at the dock. I don't think we've been back into NYC later than 7 on any cruise.

Have fun!

Archived