Which cabin for Junior Suite on Freedom of Sea

topaz123

They are all good...just depends where you want to be! I prefer being near or on the "hump" of the ship....steps from the stairs and elevator foyer, so it's VERY convenient!

Some folks covet the deeper balconies of the aft cabins (JS included)....but I feel that loooooong walk to and from the cabin is a time killer....on vacation, convenience is what it's all about!

We just returned Oct 7, we had 9644, hump, perfect location for us we think, this was our first JS ever, it was great, the extra room was awesome and well worth the extra we paid of $240.00 total a few days before sailing. The balcony was bigger than standard and we def. used it every day.

Last month on the FR,we had JS 1406.......that and 1706 are aft JS with HUGE balconies........it's about 14ftx14ft.........had 2 loungers,2 chairs,2 tables and LOTS of free space all around..............LOVED that cabin!

Love the good review of 9644. I have that cabin on the Indy early in December. I think I am finally going to see how the other half (the hump advocates) live.

I have had one of the Deck 10 aft JSs on the Navigator (similar layout to the Freedom though not the same class of ship) and liked the cabin. The balcony was huge, but a little dark to me. I do like being in one of the aft cabins because it is usually so quiet back there. I don't mind the walk at all and wake watching is always great! I would book it again.

We just returned Oct 7, we had 9644, hump, perfect location for us we think, this was our first JS ever, it was great, the extra room was awesome and well worth the extra we paid of $240.00 total a few days before sailing. The balcony was bigger than standard and we def. used it every day.

Too funny! :)

We had that cabin for 14 days before you, and really enjoyed it.

Our attendant's name was "Hardy".

This was only our second time in a JS, and loved having all the extra room.

Whenever possible we try and get a cabin on "the hump".

• 8 months later...
Sorry to sound dumb but what's the hump?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The part of the ship that sticks out, located around the aft centrum. Conveniently located to stairs and elevators, and a unique perspective from the balcony.

The part of the ship that sticks out, located around the aft centrum. Conveniently located to stairs and elevators, and a unique perspective from the balcony.

The humps are really nice cabins. We've had one twice on Mariner. No increased noise from location to elevators either.

So, more aft of center? What I would call the bulge. We do usually pick our balcony or suite cabin in that area. Yes to less wind and close to steps or elevators.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

So, more aft of center? What I would call the bulge. We do usually pick our balcony or suite cabin in that area. Yes to less wind and close to steps or elevators.

Yes, more aft of the center of the ship, and bulge is probably a better word, but for whatever reason, hump is used here on CC.

Finally...saved enough for a junior suite. Looking at RCL FREEDOM OF SEAS, and wondered if there are better Suites than others...What is a good Junior Suite on this ship?

Check out AZAficionado's recent B2B review... he had JS9338 which sounded pretty darn nice!!! And it'll get you psyched for your vacation.:D

Check out AZAficionado's recent B2B review... he had JS9338 which sounded pretty darn nice!!! And it'll get you psyched for your vacation.:D

another vote for FOS 9338...awesome Jr suite, we spent alot of time on the great balcony!!!! see AZAficionados pics..

Archived