RCCL----Last in everything

:cool:I wanted to take a Baltic cruise badly. The couple that we were going to go with couldn't go until 2013. I waited two years. Started in Jan 2012, looked at RCCL everyday to book my cruise. Kept saying that "ok, next month it will be available". I was not thrilled about going out of Harwich, Eng., but that is where I would have to sail from. Finally I looked at Celebrity, they were taking bookings a month earlier than RCCL, and were sailing from Amsterdam. Booked X, lost points toward D+, but was Elite with X. I also have a RCCL cruise (9 day) in May 2013. Looked daily to reserve speciality restaurant, never there for May cruise. Yesterday Celeb posted reservations for my Aug cruise. If Celeb can take reservations for August, why can't RCCL be taking them for a May cruise. Almost 4 months difference. For two companies, owned by the same people, they sure are different. Like bringing on 2 bottles of wine, and offering bottles of liquor for purchase to consume in your cabin. RCCL--get on the ball:cool:JACK IS SAILING - BUT with X

Reservations opened up for my March cruise a last week ago, shouldn't be too much longer.

Just booked the Jewel 4 night for $299 this weekend, I think I'll get one next cruise cert for RCCL and one for Celebrity. We're also interested in Europe for 2014 and they provide a few more options.

Jack--

Im one of your biggest fans. I think you may even helped us decide to fly to Rio de Janerio for Carnivale and then onto the Star out of Brazil.

So I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt just how well traveled you are....so I have to ask.

Why in the world would you give the inability or ability to make dinner reservations some seven months in the future a second thought?

You may be on that cruise....God - willing. You may not....I'm going to BCN for our 4th TA next week, and while I don't fly by the seat of my pants (okay way to travel too-just not my particular style), I can't possibly predetermine how I am going to feel on day 12 of 14, not to mention how my DH will feel).

What am I missing here.....?

Dawn

:cool:Sorry, Dawn, but I'm one of those guys who plans everything way in advance. Book early, pay early, order wine packages etc early. Once it is out of the way, I move on to planning my next vacation. I always have to be planning one. Always at least one vacation ahead of myself. I make a mental list of things to do, and not satisfied until list is complete:cool:

Guess if it works for you great....but I prefer to live in the NOW rather than always focus on the "future"...which may never come...

Oh, I believe you can do both! I'm like Jack - planning for that future vacation is one of the things that gets me out of bed and to work every day. :rolleyes: I like to have something big to look forward to.

Right now the only thing in our pocket is a cruise in 80 days (who's counting?). We usually do a land vacation in May or June and I have nothing planned. It's really buggin me...

Question to me from DD prior to a trip - "you don't have every day completely planned, do you?"

:cool:I thought of you all summer Vicki, and as late as tuesday night. Everytime I mix a drink and use my Texas shot glass. Many dark and stormys and Moscow Mules this summer:cool:JACK IS SAILING AGAIN LOL

Please give the guy some slack...and accept my gratitude for your most informative posts 'Jack'!

'Different strokes for different folks' is the rule right so whyare some being critical of 'Jack' for wanting to do things in advance?

Seems in my opinion, he has that right! He isn't commenting on what you do, so why are some of you making negative comments about him being prepared well in advance?

It doesn't contribute anything worthwhile..just fills space and wastes time... Oh of course, right - I understand why! :)

How about instead listing how you prepare and thereby make some worthwhile contributions all can benefit from? Try it please, you may actually like it...! :)

Have wonderful cruisin' all! :)

So, if Royal doesn't offer what you want, why not go elsewhere? Vote with your dollar.

:cool:First---probably wrong Jack. Last on Enchantment, July 2011. Royal did not offer my Baltic cruise soon enough, and in the mean time I found a better option on Celebrity. If both lines offered at same time, I would have booked with RCCL since, to date, this is my line of choosing. BUT since they were over a month later than X, they lost out. I will still book speciatity restaurant on my May RCCL cruise, I just wish they would offer reservations sooner, as X does:cool:

We all have our special place in the world. Too bad you wasted so much time sailing on RCI. I am sure that you have zero special memories sailing all of those cruises to reach the Diamond status.

I feel your pain.:):p

jc

I dunno, Jack.

I like the fact that Celebrity and RCI are different.

If ALL the cruise lines were the same, how boring would that be.

(although I think your complaint focuses mainly on when reservations open up).

I don't see a problem. Celebrity is a great line. I'd happily cruise them again.

IF they had a cruise going WHERE I want to go, WHEN I want to go ;)

And as you can see in my siggy, they didn't. :cool:

Jack...I'm on your side. While I know most may not agree with planning well in advance, I do this for all of our vacations. We too are waiting to book for 2014 cruise in Europe (Med). I like to get it paid for, plan excursions, and it also gives us time to save a little more money knowing the activities we'll be doing.

Ummm, maybe it's time we take a look at Celebrity too. :rolleyes:

Please give the guy some slack...and accept my gratitude for your most informative posts 'Jack'!

'Different strokes for different folks' is the rule right so whyare some being critical of 'Jack' for wanting to do things in advance?

Seems in my opinion, he has that right! He isn't commenting on what you do, so why are some of you making negative comments about him being prepared well in advance?

It doesn't contribute anything worthwhile..just fills space and wastes time... Oh of course, right - I understand why! :)

How about instead listing how you prepare and thereby make some worthwhile contributions all can benefit from? Try it please, you may actually like it...! :)

Have wonderful cruisin' all! :)

Clearly you jest. If you actually read any of these posts, and think there was anything critical in any of them, you need to reread the thread tomorrow after 8 hours of shut eye.

I highly doubt Jack feels the slightest bit attacked. Why can't I ask him a question? I did and he replied. Where are the negative comments, other than your post? Your reply fits your description to a T! You didn't contribute anything worthwhile...just filling space and wasting time. And, "Oh of course, right - I understand why! :)".....well, I don't even know what that means.

I don't want to list how I prepare....I was asking Jack why he cared so much about making dinner reservations some 7 months in advance. I don't profess to know all there is to know about cruising and in many instances, I end up learning something new.

You don't have any control issues, do you?

Ugh.....

Jack...I'm on your side. While I know most may not agree with planning well in advance, I do this for all of our vacations. We too are waiting to book for 2014 cruise in Europe (Med). I like to get it paid for, plan excursions, and it also gives us time to save a little more money knowing the activities we'll be doing.

Ummm, maybe it's time we take a look at Celebrity too. :rolleyes:

I am a big time planner too. I have always been that way. In fact, half the excitement is in the planning. If I don't have a cruise already planned when we are on a cruise, I'm slipping. Like you, our cruises, excursions and spending money has all been saved and paid for before we step foot on the ship.

My inquiry was specifically related to making dinner reservations so early. We always take longer cruises and I would never know how to gauge how DH or I will feel about a big special dinner until we are on ship.

But Jack answered....he always does.

:)

Zoiks! There comes a time...when its time.

I accidentally made diamond on C&A taking low cost cruises as a quick get away, never thinking of myself as a Royal Caribbean cruiser. :p But I never look back or put down the product when I want to take a luxury cruise or do a land trip. I try to remember that for someone else, it might be the trip of a lifetime, and I'd never want my attitude to ruin someone else's good time.

On one of my earliest cruises, one couple at our table complained the whole time that it was the worst cruise ever, (and fankly, it was our worst cruise ever):rolleyes:, But for the Midwestern couple also at the table, married 40 years whose children had sent them on that cruise; they were having the time of their lives! It was not my place to complain. When it gets that bad, it is best to break up with out the bitterness;)

Happy Sailing Jack, ill miss you, but maybe it's best that we will see you on the other boards from now on!!

Zoiks! There comes a time...when its time.

I accidentally made diamond on C&A taking low cost cruises as a quick get away, never thinking of myself as a Royal Caribbean cruiser. :p But I never look back or put down the product when I want to take a luxury cruise or do a land trip. I try to remember that for someone else, it might be the trip of a lifetime, and I'd never want my attitude to ruin someone else's good time.

On one of my earliest cruises, one couple at our table complained the whole time that it was the worst cruise ever, (and fankly, it was our worst cruise ever):rolleyes:, But for the Midwestern couple also at the table, married 40 years whose children had sent them on that cruise; they were having the time of their lives! It was not my place to complain. When it gets that bad, it is best to break up with out the bitterness;)

Happy Sailing Jack, ill miss you, but maybe it's best that we will see you on the other boards from now on!!

What in the world am I missing?

Did you post this on the correct thread? I must be getting old or really out of the loop.

Oh vey.

Archived