Advertised prices??

watergal

Perhaps someone could explain to me how Princess can advertise prices with the proviso that 'it will be as advertised' and then post a trip, for example, South Pacific in a mini-suite at $2100+ and then when you search further discover it starts at $3200+!! Same dates, same paramaters, same everything - except the price. What am I missing here? I have questioned Princess previously and asked why they continue to advertise so falsely - to date, no response.

I'm guessing the low price you see advertised is for the lowest possible catagory of cabin... the higher price is for the highest catagory....

Unfortunately, no. Same category, etc. Has me a bit confused so I thought I'd ask all you experts. :)

Perhaps someone could explain to me how Princess can advertise prices with the proviso that 'it will be as advertised' and then post a trip, for example, South Pacific in a mini-suite at $2100+ and then when you search further discover it starts at $3200+!!

Hard to tell without more information such as the ship and the sail date.

I see advertised Ocean Princess "South Pacific & New Zealand" sailing on 12/3/12 with mini-suites starting at $2139. When I go into the booking process, it says $2137.48 for AC, AB, and AA cabins. Is this the cruise you are asking about?

I'm sure the answer you will get from Princess (if you ever do get a response) will be that, yes that was the lead price for the least expensive

category on the least expensive sailing , when the rate code was first

offered.

Rates and offers are always subject to change per the Princess disclaimers.

Perhaps someone could explain to me how Princess can advertise prices with the proviso that 'it will be as advertised' and then post a trip, for example, South Pacific in a mini-suite at $2100+ and then when you search further discover it starts at $3200+!! Same dates, same paramaters, same everything - except the price. What am I missing here? I have questioned Princess previously and asked why they continue to advertise so falsely - to date, no response.

I see advertised Ocean Princess "South Pacific & New Zealand" sailing on 12/3/12 with mini-suites starting at $2139. When I go into the booking process, it says $2137.48 for AC, AB, and AA cabins. Is this the cruise you are asking about?

Apparently, what you (Watergal) are referring to is the “No Tricks, Just Treats” e-mail which I received on Oct. 26. The December 3 South Pacific cruise mini-suites are listed at $2,139, but when I clicked on the link, it showed $3,237.48. However, when I signed in as a past passenger, it showed $2,137.48 for all categories currently available. If you are a past passenger, try signing it and see what fare is shown.

Jim

This is so frustrating, as a former TA owner and long time seller of cruises......we used to get great prices and itineraries to promote but before we could get it printed and mailed (this was WAY before email) the cabin allotment was sold out.

The advertised prices do exist – but sometimes it’s only for a few cabins……….very frustrating!

I wish I had a positive suggestion for you but this is common practice with all the cruise lines.

Kind of like air mile seats to fly to Hawaii ( or fill in the blank....)…… sure it’s possible to snag one or two seats but not easy to pull off.

Keep trying, one of these days you’ll hit it at the right time.

My other suggestion - if you see a cruise and price you like, BOOK IT !!!! Deposit are refundable till final payment and you have the cabin you want and a great rate. If the price drops, you win again.

Good luck!

This is so frustrating, as a former TA owner and long time seller of cruises......we used to get great prices and itineraries to promote but before we could get it printed and mailed (this was WAY before email) the cabin allotment was sold out.

The advertised prices do exist – but sometimes it’s only for a few cabins……….very frustrating!

I wish I had a positive suggestion for you but this is common practice with all the cruise lines.

Kind of like air mile seats to fly to Hawaii ( or fill in the blank....)…… sure it’s possible to snag one or two seats but not easy to pull off.

Keep trying, one of these days you’ll hit it at the right time.

My other suggestion - if you see a cruise and price you like, BOOK IT !!!! Deposit are refundable till final payment and you have the cabin you want and a great rate. If the price drops, you win again.

Good luck!

I wish that were the case. Unfortunately, Princess has changed many - not all - but many, of their promos and the deposits are non-refundable. (As former TAs, I'm sure you know the Flash Rates aren't refundable either.) ;)

For people that plan to book under special promos, read the small print before you book and if there's a chance you'll cancel, cover your bases by getting insurance. ;)

Archived