One day sale price drop - TA dropped the ball, now what?

mrssmith0

OMG now she has e-mailed me back and told me that past guests are not eligible for price drops even when they are booked on an early saver fare and that's why I'm not eligible! This is ridiculous :mad:

Wow! I'm so sorry you're going through all of this. Time for a new TA:rolleyes:

OMG now she has e-mailed me back and told me that past guests are not eligible for price drops even when they are booked on an early saver fare and that's why I'm not eligible! This is ridiculous :mad:

Get rid of her. Being a past guest and booking early saver have nothing to do with one another.

When you are booked early saver you get price drops for any fare you are eligible for ie past guest rate, senior, military, etc.

I would ask for a 3 way call with her, Carnival, and yourself.

Please let us know what happens.

Get rid of her. Being a past guest and booking early saver have nothing to do with one another.

When you are booked early saver you get price drops for any fare you are eligible for ie past guest rate, senior, military, etc.

I would ask for a 3 way call with her, Carnival, and yourself.

Please let us know what happens.

She had to use this TA to use some points.. she didnt pick this firm.

She cant just give up the booking.. if she transferred it to Carnival she would lose the credit for the points that have to be booked with this TA.

Okay, now it sounds to me like she's just coming up with any excuse to get you to back off. A sale is a sale.

After not getting a response from your TA regarding that she put in for your price drop, did you follow up and call her to verify that she got your email before the sale ended?

She e-mailed me back before the end of the sale to say she got the email, but I guess didn't call Carnival until the morning after the sale ended.

Do you know if You can get the reduction of you reserved through Travelocity. the price through Carnival is now $98 cheaper.

You have to be matching Early Saver to same sailing, same #passengers, same exact cabin category and to a booking rate (PG, Resident....) that you're normally eligible to book - if that's all the case, ask the XXXX Agency TA to put in a fare reduction request. ken

Do you know if You can get the reduction of you reserved through XXXXXX. the price through Carnival is now $98 cheaper.

If you are sure your price went down .. and you are before final payment.. call your TA and get them to adjust the price.

After final payment, only ES rate, the TA has to submit the price drop.

We cannot name or discuss any TA specfically by name.

Do be aware no TA is allowed to advertise a lower rate than you can book directly thru Carnival .. so if you THINK you are seeing a lower rate.. you just are not seeing it on carnival. .. Maybe you have not checked all the boxes on carnival.com that apply?

Some TAs say, for instance, inside prices starting at $349 .. and on carnival it says insides starting at $379.

What you are missing on the above example.. is the TA is showing a 1A price.. and carnival shows the 4A prices.

I am booked Early Saver for a Conquest cruise in January...and I am a past guest. 2 weeks ago I noticed a 24 hour past guest sale with a rate that was $40 lower than what I had. I emailed my TA that night. He emailed me the next morning saying that the rate was no longer available, but he submitted the price drop request form anyway. Later that day he emailed me that Carnival had honored the lower rate, even though he submitted the form at 5 a.m. that morning, after the 24 hour sale was over. So it can be done...if you have someone who will work for you.

She e-mailed me back before the end of the sale to say she got the email, but I guess didn't call Carnival until the morning after the sale ended.

Then I'd say this is clearly the TA's problem to resolve with Carnival or within the Agency.

See my above comments on price-matching Early Saver to Past Guest (and other Promo) rates.

It seems to me that you did everything you were supposed to do, and can show (by TA's e-mail communication) that you gave them the request during the Sale timeframe.

ken

If that is true, talk about a short-sighted business practice! I don't know what the commission is for a TA, but let's say it is 10% of the total. To keep from losing $10 total on a $100 savings to a customer, they would rather have an upset customer?

Makes no sense to me in a service business; especially a declining business.

Kevin C

A TA I used to work with said that her commission from Carnival was 15%, that was about 1 yr ago, and now she has retired or I would still deal with her.

Alright, just to keep you all updated as the saga continues....

Her most recent e-mail to me this evening says that I can't have price reductions because Carnival told her I am booked on a past guest fare not early saver BUT I have the documentation/booking confirmation that SHE printed at the time that I booked showing that it was booked under Early Saver (rate code PPBP27)

She has apparently e-mailed them back to ask them when that switch was made.... stay tuned, I'll keep you posted and I promise to never ever ever book with a TA again, not even worth the money I saved by using my points!

She sounds ditzy to me.

She comes up with excuse after excuse.. when she could get in the telephone with carnival and get it sorted out once and for all.

Have you asked for a 3 way yet?

I dont know what the code is for ES. Carnival confirmations I get dont show the code) .. but it should show on the confirmation email at the bottom that the deposit is nonrefundable.. thats the tip off to me. Its the warning at the bottom of the email when I book ES with my PVP thats tells me its ES.

Not true,I am a past guest and have gotten price drops.

Alright, just to keep you all updated as the saga continues....

Her most recent e-mail to me this evening says that I can't have price reductions because Carnival told her I am booked on a past guest fare not early saver BUT I have the documentation/booking confirmation that SHE printed at the time that I booked showing that it was booked under Early Saver (rate code PPBP27)

She has apparently e-mailed them back to ask them when that switch was made.... stay tuned, I'll keep you posted and I promise to never ever ever book with a TA again, not even worth the money I saved by using my points!

PPB is Early Saver, so it looks like you are right, although I don't know what the P27 is for. I would definitely ask for a three-way call to Carnival to get it straightened out.

I am a past guest and I have received MANY price drops on my Early Saver fares as well.

I have called and checked again with Carnival and I did try to get you the one day sale price, however they informed me that they do not have the ability to even access the sale prices any longer, which is why the first Carnival rep. told me that they had actually increased by $2.00."

It may be true that they cannot offer or book at the sale price but you can bet your sweet bippy that they can see the history of ALL of the pricing for your cruise.

Your TA is either:

1. Being creative with what she is telling you.

2. Gives up too easily.

3. Is inexperienced and unwilling to cooperate with your ES booking.

4. All of the above.

Carnival told her I am booked on a past guest fare not early saver BUT I have the documentation/booking confirmation that SHE printed at the time that I booked showing that it was booked under Early Saver (rate code PPBP27)

Are you kidding me? This is a REAL TA? She apparently doesn't have the faintest clue of even the basics.

She e-mailed them to ask when the switch was made???

There can't be any switch - once you're booked ES, you're always going to be ES for that sailing. No switching to other rates!

And what's with the e-mailing? If she wants a resolution, she needs to get on that phone, stay on that phone until she gets you your drop.

I'll let you in on a little "secret". For an agent to submit a price drop request it takes ONE minute. You do this online within the booking engine and I usually get the new fare or OBC confirmation within 1/2 hour. So she could've easily done it for you on the day of the sale when you contacted her. Shame on her for giving other agents a bad rep.

Your TA seems to have a few problems. Think she may be a little ditzy or is she new?Although I do feel you should get your price drop it may end up in the end you have done lots of work for a very small amount. Sometimes the fees go up and a 50.00 reduction becomes a 10. or 20. Hope this won't be the case for you.

Your TA seems to have a few problems. Think she may be a little ditzy or is she new?Although I do feel you should get your price drop it may end up in the end you have done lots of work for a very small amount. Sometimes the fees go up and a 50.00 reduction becomes a 10. or 20. Hope this won't be the case for you.

GUSANDGIGETSMOM: A few of us are looking for recent Fascination Fun Times and we understand from a post at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=35899836#post35899836

that you may be able to email them. I didn't know how to obtain your email address to request it from you directly. Any help is appreciated!!!

It may be true that they cannot offer or book at the sale price but you can bet your sweet bippy that they can see the history of ALL of the pricing for your cruise.

Your TA is either:

1. Being creative with what she is telling you.

2. Gives up too easily.

3. Is inexperienced and unwilling to cooperate with your ES booking.

4. All of the above.

I'll take option 4, all of the above!

It has become about the principle of the matter, not so much the money any more. I hope that the TA will learn something from this and no one else will have to experience this with her!

It has become about the principle of the matter, not so much the money any more. I hope that the TA will learn something from this and no one else will have to experience this with her!

I hear you on the "principle" thing!

It's not clear to me that the TA ever actually submitted the on-line TA Form (the required procedure) and got a rejection -or- that she instead started calling (the wrong procedure, the wrong people) and maybe was even asking to "change" your booking to the (no longer available) sale fare instead of a ES price-match to the sale fare. Had she just correctly submitted the TA on-line form (that night or even the next day), I suspect you'd be OK. You might ask them this?

YOU did everything by the book in e-mailing your request (with supporting documentation - that the TA could have looked-up if it was hard to read) to the TA while the Sale was in effect. Personally, I'd contact the Management at the agency and tell them this and that you feel it's their problem and their responsibility to resolve with Carnival. You might ask why the Agency's counterpart in Carnival can't sort thru this for the Agency. If it is the case, I'd also point out that the Agency apparently hasn't yet submitted a request thru the proper channel - on-line TA Request Form.

The agency is widening the issue not zeroing in on the issue. When the agency continues to come-up with excuses, I'd request a conference call with a Carnival Guest Solutions rep -or- contact Guest Solutions directly, with a concise timeline of events, and ask them to help.

As someone suggested, you might also check the "Govt Fees/Taxes" in your original billing against the current "Govt Fees/Taxes" on carnival.com on the off-chance that they've increased and eaten-up your fare reduction.

Ken

Archived