Port Canaveral in 9 hours

NayRN

I'll be sailing with two girls, 8 & 10 next August. We will be in port from noon until 9:00 pm. With the exception of Disney and Sea World (too expensive for the amount of time) any suggestions as to what to do/see? I thought about Kennedy Space Center and/or Cocoa Beach....but what is there to do in Cocoa Beach for the girls other than swimming? Is there a fun place for picky eaters to have lunch?

1. Brevard Zoo

2. A 2-hour boat ride on the Indian River Lagoon with Island Boat Lines http://www.islandboatlines.com/Home_Page.php

3. An airboat ride at Lone Cabbage Fish Camp http://www.twisterairboatrides.com/

Of course, a rental car is required.

Thanks for the recommendations! Is the area easy to navigate? I know that all the big car rental agencies are nearby so I'm going to research the best deals!!

Thanks!!

If you do rent a car, ignore the woman at the exit of Port Canaveral that says the rental car agencies have no cars--it's a scam for the 888 taxis that are stationed right outside. My husband and mother fell for it last week, and the manager at Budget says the scam's been successfully running for the past 4 weeks. :(

So instead of a $50 rental car from Budget or Thrifty, my mom paid $100 for an 888 taxi to and from Kennedy Space Center. :mad:

If you do rent a car, ignore the woman at the exit of Port Canaveral that says the rental car agencies have no cars--it's a scam for the 888 taxis that are stationed right outside. My husband and mother fell for it last week, and the manager at Budget says the scam's been successfully running for the past 4 weeks. :(

So instead of a $50 rental car from Budget or Thrifty, my mom paid $100 for an 888 taxi to and from Kennedy Space Center. :mad:

Whoa! Thanks for the information!!!:eek:

• 3 weeks later...

I believe Kennedy Space Center closes around 5pm so don't waste your time or money if you don't get there till noon. You need at least 35 minutes just to drive there from the ship, $10 to park and $53 per adult entrance.

Plenty of places to eat in the Cocoa Beach area.

Archived