Balcony Guarantee - have you done it? Did you like it?

smch916

Good morning!

Who here has booked a Balcony Guarantee?? Were you happy with what you ended up with?

Seriously considering changing from a deck 9 inside room to a balcony guarantee but I'm nervous! Usually i'm very particular about the room I choose but the husband is saying let's gamble, book the guarantee. Thought I'd listen to your stories and make my decision tonight!

(PS. the cost difference is $400)

Thanks!

I just booked a balcony guarantee on the Miracle 12/8/12 out of NYC. It's the first time I have done it, and am very happy with the room I received. The guarantee price was cheap, and we were told we would get at least category 7A - obstructed view balcony.

We received category 8K - Deck 7 - Room 7181 extended balcony. While we are a little more forward than I have been, I'm not concerned. We will still be looking down at the lifeboats, but I really don't think that is a big deal.

I have used the guarantee many times, but when we went on the Glory we were given a room right above the piano bar. It was very noisy very late into the night. It did not bother me, but if some are sensitive you need to go in knowing this might happen. I also think you can receive an obstructed balcony, but I am not sure.

CJ

Did balcony guarantee on my first cruise. Did not know any better. Got balcony on Deck 10 of the Conquest. Thought it was a good deal until they started with the aerobics above each morning at 6AM. Now I book the cabin I want in order to not be suprised. But I guess you take your chances.

We went on the Miracle on 9/19/12. We booked a balcony guarantee about 6 weeks before when Carnival cold called us with an outrageously low price for this cruise. Needless to say if was half of what I paid on my previous Miracle cruise. We got a fabulous balcony-8247. It was right under a back corner of the serenity deck. We never heard a sound and we loved being able to run up one flight of stairs to the Lido deck and /serenity. I would do it again in a heartbeat.:)

Did it once on my last standard balcony cabin.

Expecting a minimum on deck 4, we ended up on deck 8, midship. I was happy not having to use a lot of elevators.

And when I got my tickets (on Dead Sea Scrolls), I found my room encoded on the back of one of the pages, so my heart wasn't in my throat wondering.

We have done three balcony GTY's.

The first time Princess upgraded us a few categories to an average balcony cabin. The next time they put us in a cabin right under the lido pool, but since that was an "upgrade" to a BB, they allowed us to change to any other BB, which let us get the extended balcony on Caribe! (Love that Princess lets you change to any other cabin in the same category as you were assigned)

Recently on Carnival we were given a midship cove balcony, its the minimum balcony category, but we are looking forward to trying a cabin so close to the water, and its under a quiet area, so no noise from the galley so we are happy, especially given we got a killer deal on a pack and go rate.

In July we booked the Triumph for a Sept cruise. We used Senior Rate for a balcony which is a guaranteed balcony. I checked daily for our room assignment and sure enough 3 weeks before the cruise we got an extended aft balcony. We had never had an aft balcony before, so it was a great experience for us.

smch916

When we booked we were told that it would be assigned in 72 hours. I was skeptical. It took about two weeks.

Now I just need to try and get my VIFP straigtened out. I cruised with my ex-husband 4 times, but none are showing. I think it is because I had a different last name. However, I can't even see my Alaskan cruise in 2010, but it shows on my DH's VIFP. Go figure.

We did one on Norwegian. Cured us from ever doing it again.

The room was above the club. You could hear the words of the songs and feel the "thump, thump, thump" of the music. So, you couldn't sleep at night until after about 2:00 am.

The room was below the kid's club. You could hear the screaming, the moving of chairs, the running of the kids back and forth, from about 8:00 AM until evening.

So, you couldn't sleep during the day for the kid's club. You couldn't sleep at night for the club.

And, to top it off, my cabin was adjoining and shared a common door with a bunch of old wrinkled ladies, who never left their room, never took an excursion, all they did was sit in their room and smoke. Of course, we got to experience their smoking, right along with them.

I have one booked right now (for the first time) and I have yet to be assigned a cabin 32 days out. So far, I would say that things suggest an upgrade because only extended balconies and suites are still showing as available. If we're ultimately assigned either it's a pretty good deal at $429 pp. My only concern would be rough seas coupled with a forward cabin but Bonine should fix that problem. Noise isn't an issue for me since I sleep with heavy duty earplugs. DH snores like a buzz saw.

We did it once and decided the amount we saved wasn't enough to get put in undesirable rooms. We ended up with a balcony on deck 8, under the buffet!!! The dragging of chairs and carts started about 6am, it was always quiet at night, would have been perfect if we were early to bed, early to rise people, however we were not at the time, now it'd be ok!!!

Good luck!! Carole

, who never left their room, never took an excursion, all they did was sit in their room and smoke. Of course, we got to experience their smoking, right along with them.

You know this because ... You never left your room, never took an excursion, sat in your room all day?

You know this because ... You never left your room, never took an excursion, sat in your room all day?

Nope, got the info from the cabin steward. I asked him whether it would be possible to go into their room to apply some duct tape or something similar to the door cracks, so we might get some relief from the smoking. He told me he would try, but that they only left their room for dinner, so it would be a while. They also did a lot of room service, as evidenced by the dirty dishes outside their door.

We did not book a balcony gty but did book an OV gty and they put us at the bottom of the boat over the gangway. There was noise until about midnight every night and in the morning when we docked. Never again.

Archived