Discrepancy re: Epic spa pass prices

kiyoko

• 4 months later...
How do you get the spa pass for the week on Epic? I don't see it online under pre-booking. Can I reserve them somewhere? Thanks.

A limited amount of spa passes are available. To purchase, you need to go to the spa immediately after embarking the ship and inquire if they are being sold for that voyage. Cannot purchase ahead of time.

• 7 months later...
Just got off the phone with a NCL rep who stated that the couple spa pass price is $199, and $119 pp for 7 days on the Epic. The rep further stated that there is no other additional charge tacked on to this, such as 18% that is added to treatment charges. However, a previous guest states in his blog that his March 2012 sailing charged $253 per couple. Can anyone that has been recently aboard the Epic confirm how much the spa passes are, and whether there are additional charges tacked on to the price?

i sailed on epic dec. 7, 2013. the spa pass was $199 per person. the spa manager explained to me that this was because they were trying to be a first class service, whatever that means, and therefore, the ridiculous price. I told her I guessed I wasn't ready for first class because I was not willing to pay that much. Never mind the fact that I spent around $1000 for other spa services.

Can a couples pass be purchased for 2 people that aren't a "couple"? My sister-in-law and I will be sailin together and both of us want the spa pass. Of course we aren't a "couple" be we are a couple of women.... does that count? I would rather pay $253 than $199 each.

• 2 weeks later...
Can a couples pass be purchased for 2 people that aren't a "couple"? My sister-in-law and I will be sailin together and both of us want the spa pass. Of course we aren't a "couple" be we are a couple of women.... does that count? I would rather pay $253 than $199 each.

I too am wondering the same thing and would like to know if the "couple" is not in the same cabin what then? In my case my daughter (23yo) and I would like to get the pass.

I was on the Jewel in December and they no longer had the couples discount for the spa pass.

I will be on the Epic in a little over a week and I will report back what the spa pass is selling for now. I will tour the spa and decide whether it is worth it for my 8 night cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
So what is the latest info? What are the SPA prices on the EPIC?

I was on Epic Jan 11 and went straight to getting my spa pass ......untill they told me it is now $200 (I can't remember if that included tax and/or tip or not) because once she said it was that much I bowed out. :( Oh well, ya can't have everything. and no couples discount.

Edited by smrtypnts

I bought the spa pass in Dec 2013 on the Epic and was charged $199 for the week as others have stated. No additional taxes were charged, even though I bought it while in port. While the spa was nice, I can't say I would do it again-too expensive for what you get. Not to mention the hogging of tile loungers and regular chairs, too. :(

I was on Epic Jan 11 and went straight to getting my spa pass ......untill they told me it is now $200 (I can't remember if that included tax and/or tip or not) because once she said it was that much I bowed out. :( Oh well, ya can't have everything. and no couples discount.

No more couples discount. In 2010 a couple could both get passes for $199. Now a single pass costs $199.

No more couples discount. In 2010 a couple could both get passes for $199. Now a single pass costs $199.

I'm so mad that it has gotten this high. :mad: We were just on the Sun over Christmas and they really have no Spa to speak of. (Not like the Pearl or Epic) They had this relaxation area but not the same thing. In any case we came to realize we really enjoy having the spa pass. Since we have traveled so many times we don't always get off at the ports and we really use the spa. $200 for two of us was a reasonable price. $400 is not. Not sure how this will affect which cruise I book next. I really enjoy the NCL ships. (I have cruised several other brands). Uggghh. Decisions, Decisions.

I'm so mad that it has gotten this high. :mad: We were just on the Sun over Christmas and they really have no Spa to speak of. (Not like the Pearl or Epic) They had this relaxation area but not the same thing. In any case we came to realize we really enjoy having the spa pass. Since we have traveled so many times we don't always get off at the ports and we really use the spa. $200 for two of us was a reasonable price. $400 is not. Not sure how this will affect which cruise I book next. I really enjoy the NCL ships. (I have cruised several other brands). Uggghh. Decisions, Decisions.

Long time no see Orangegrove ;)

yes the spa prices have really went up but they STILL sell out

• 1 month later...
Was just on the Epic last week. It is still $199 for the spa pass. It was definitely under utilized on this trip, which was kinda nice. I think $199 is too much and $149 is a reasonable, fair price. They were not selling couple passes.

This is so disappointing :( Was excited about buying a spa pass again for my upcoming Epic cruise, but at $199, that's just too steep.

Have got an email from a ncl rep yesterday 279 dollar per person to enter the spa for the transatlantic cruise in April...

Ridiculous price!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

Hi Sheila

Thank you for this information. That's pricey. But I really want to purchase a spa pass. This is the luxury that I will allow myself.

It would mean that I would have to go at least 9 times to the spa in 11 days? I went 5 out of 7 days on my last Med cruise. Sometimes just for an hour before dinner. I would not purchase a day-pass for that. But with the spa pass it didn't matter.

Does anyone know how fast the spa pass sell out on transatlantic cruises? If there are only 40 pass on sale, it could get difficult to get one.

• 4 months later...
Hi Sheila

Does anyone know how fast the spa pass sell out on transatlantic cruises? If there are only 40 pass on sale, it could get difficult to get one.

I travelled transatlantic from Barcelona last October and bought the pass in the cruise terminal before boarding. I think it was $199 for 13 days, most at sea of course, and it was never busy.

Edited by scotinlondon