Discrepancy re: Epic spa pass prices

kiyoko

Just got off the phone with a NCL rep who stated that the couple spa pass price is $199, and $119 pp for 7 days on the Epic. The rep further stated that there is no other additional charge tacked on to this, such as 18% that is added to treatment charges. However, a previous guest states in his blog that his March 2012 sailing charged $253 per couple. Can anyone that has been recently aboard the Epic confirm how much the spa passes are, and whether there are additional charges tacked on to the price?

Just got off the phone with a NCL rep who stated that the couple spa pass price is $199, and $119 pp for 7 days on the Epic. The rep further stated that there is no other additional charge tacked on to this, such as 18% that is added to treatment charges. However, a previous guest states in his blog that his March 2012 sailing charged $253 per couple. Can anyone that has been recently aboard the Epic confirm how much the spa passes are, and whether there are additional charges tacked on to the price?

ours have always been $199. and no 18% .He might have gotten extra spa treatments which do have the 18% on them

Edited by RNPJN

You will find that the cost of the spa pass varies depending on the length of the cruise which may explain the higher cost stated by another Epic passenger.

The Epic only does 7-day or shorter sailings (unless it was the Transatlantic/repositioning), so the length of the cruise shouldn't be a factor in this case.

Edited by AttilaTheFun

Does anyone know if you can reserve this in advance if you are in a suite? I'm just concerned about it selling out since I read on another thread that they only sell 40 couples passes per cruise.

No you can not reserve it per say, you can call the pre-concierge desk and have it added to your requests. It is only a request and can not be guaranteed, but the concierge will most likely arrange it for you before you get on the ship.

Cherie

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if you can reserve this in advance if you are in a suite? I'm just concerned about it selling out since I read on another thread that they only sell 40 couples passes per cruise.

I think it is 20 couples total or 40 people, not 40 couples.

• 4 weeks later...

Paid $199 for 11 day Eastbound Transatlantic xing in 2012. Had heard you could do a couple pass for less than buying 2 seperate passes but that did not turn out to be true in my case and no 18% add on. Spa pass well worth the money as Spa is best on sea right now. That is one problem with NCL is lack of knowledge about such details and can be very frustrating!

The prices DID just go up. We were prepared to pay the $199 on our 11/24 sailing but those are NO LONGER the current prices. Those who are reporting the $199 price are incorrect (outdated) and those reporting the $253 price have the correct info.

Edited by crusinmama06

The prices DID just go up. We were prepared to pay the $199 on our 11/24 sailing but those are NO LONGER the current prices. Those who are reporting the $199 price are incorrect (outdated) and those reporting the $253 price have the correct info.

Did you get a free skin products? We did....with the price of 253.00 and neck massages..

Argh. I'd thought about buying spa passes for my sister and I but I decided to buy her an iPad instead. I think she'll get more longterm gratification from that, although the spa pools do sound enticing...

The ipad will definitely offer better long term gratification! A day pass might be a more affordable treat option that you could still indulge in to get a taste of the spa/