Who hooo - items returned!!!

FIDDLE2FADDLE

i can't believe it!!! On october 22 i posted that i had left some items in a drawer on carnival paradise (october 15-20, 2012) and inquired if any one had ever had items returned. My replys didn't give me much hope, but, guess what???

i just got a call from carnival headquarters in miami informing me that the items had been turned into them and where did i want them mailed!!!

i was so surprised and delighted i just thought i would come on cruise critic and let anyone interested know that sometimes it's ok to hope!!! :):):):)

On our Imagination cruise last month, when reboarding in Key West, some people in the security line took our bag of purchases with them. We reported it to security immediately and they said they would check the tapes and find out who it was. About 9:30 that night security called to say they had our bag. The offenders had been through the bag so they knew it wasn't their but didn't turn it in. Security went to their cabin and got it.

On our Imagination cruise last month, when reboarding in Key West, some people in the security line took our bag of purchases with them. We reported it to security immediately and they said they would check the tapes and find out who it was. About 9:30 that night security called to say they had our bag. The offenders had been through the bag so they knew it wasn't their but didn't turn it in. Security went to their cabin and got it.

Having obviously realised it wasn't their bag, and not turned it in...that can only mean theft.

Should have kicked them off.

I have read on here before that when Carnival ships something to you, it's shipped COD. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I'm sure you'd be happy to pay just to get your things back but I was just advising that you may have to pay for the shipping.

I have read on here before that when Carnival ships something to you, it's shipped COD. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I'm sure you'd be happy to pay just to get your things back but I was just advising that you may have to pay for the shipping.

Not necessarily true... I had jewelry returned to me by Carnival... no shipping charges at all for me. Service was outstanding. :)

I'm so happy for you!! The thing is - we all need to be good to EACH OTHER - so if you find my stuff or I find your stuff - it all gets turned in. I doubt the room steward really finds much - they are so rushed cleaning that I doubt they are opening a bunch of drawers, which means that it is us the cruisers who need to respect each other. So nice knowing that there are honest people still out there!

I am glad that you received your items! Most people, including crew members, are honest.

Once, upon arriving in my stateroom, I found a pair of high heel shoes. I gave them to my room steward and have long wondered if the lady to whom they belonged ever received them.

Archived