*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

There was one last season, but it is not llisted this year. Guess it needed a sponsor. Only thing I could pick up was the web cam from harbor House but Carnival docks in front of Mariner so you cannot see Mariner until Carnival departs today at 4pm.

Someone else may know alot more than me....so pls post!

Wow! Some nasty comments over on the Mariner TA meet and Mingle...seems there were some less than pleasant pax onboard

that's a shame to hear (both the webcam and the nasty comments!).

I can't wait 'til next Sunday!! It will be our turn!

Thanks Dylan! Pier 23 web cam is not working. :( We'll be driving over to Galveston in a couple of hours to have a look! It's been a long time! :D

I think you've answered my question. I was going to send the link to my family--who aren't on cruise critic (I can't understand why not?). Anyway, couldn't find the Mariner on the webcams. Is Pier 23 the web cam I should be trying to pull up?

There was one last season, but it is not llisted this year. Guess it needed a sponsor. Only thing I could pick up was the web cam from harbor House but Carnival docks in front of Mariner so you cannot see Mariner until Carnival departs today at 4pm.

Someone else may know alot more than me....so pls post!

Wow! Some nasty comments over on the Mariner TA meet and Mingle...seems there were some less than pleasant pax onboard

The Pier 23 webcam is for Carnival Magic. We used to have the pier 28 webcam for Mariner, but Mariner was off-center and partially cut-off, and the webcam didn't work half of the time (It would still be nice to have right now, though).

The Emerald Cam first debued recently, and at first it was pointed towards the cruise ship docks, but they recently changed the position of it to show a different part of the harbor. :( And finally, the movable ABC 13 camera isn't showing up on the ABC13 Houston website right now.

Long story short, we're going to have to wait until Carnival Magic departs (hopefully on-time at around 4pm) to see Mariner. You can see her lifeboats right now on the Cruise Cam, however.

Edited by Texas Teen

The Pier 23 webcam is for Carnival Magic. We used to have the pier 28 webcam for Mariner, but Mariner was off-center and partially cut-off, and the webcam didn't work half of the time (It would still be nice to have right now, though).

The Emerald Cam first debued recently, and at first it was pointed towards the cruise ship docks, but they recently changed the position of it to show a different part of the harbor. :( And finally, the movable ABC 13 camera isn't showing up on the ABC13 Houston website right now.

Long story short, we're going to have to wait until Carnival Magic departs (hopefully on-time at around 4pm) to see Mariner. You can see her lifeboats right now on the Cruise Cam, however.

Thank you for the information. I have gone to the webcam a few times in the past few months...but obviously Mariner wasn't there. I was so excited to see it today. But alas, I'll have to wait for sail away. Should I see it on the harbor cam as it goes out to sea?

Thank you for the information. I have gone to the webcam a few times in the past few months...but obviously Mariner wasn't there. I was so excited to see it today. But alas, I'll have to wait for sail away. Should I see it on the harbor cam as it goes out to sea?

Yes; as soon as Mariner leaves view of the Cruise Cam, switch over to the Harbor Cam. The Harbor Cam is on the same building as the Cruise Cam, just facing the opposite direction.

Right now Mariner is docked behind the Magic. You will see Mariner when Magic pulls away hopefully on-time at 4pm.

Hi everyone...sitting at Hobby.. :(.....Got off this morning after looking out the window watching us come in...after the Magic. Great Cruise from Rome and I think we left her in really good shape.....Looks like she in in Galveston until April 19th then she is off to the Far East. This was our 6th time on her, 5 from LA... and one of my favorites. Enjoy her for the short time and try to make sure you sail her....you will not be disappointed. Funny....we had maybe a dozen kids on this Cruise and I was told over 1000 children will be on her this afternoon for the Thanksgiving week cruise. Going to be Busy!!

Happy Sailing and Dylan.....thanks for all of your hard work...really appreciated....Hope you have gotten a chance to cruise. BTW...Are you still collecting the ship Models? Take Care!

Mike

Just got off the Mariner this morning from the TA. Guess I am going to have to "eat dirt." Had breakfast with two other couples and the subject of the "Port of Dreams" came up. I opined that if we ever got a cruise line in there, it would be something like Costa or MSC. It was only built to get votes to pass a bond issue more container ports. Oh well. Gotta learn to keep my mouth shut.

Cruise was very good. Weather not real good for sun bathing but the seas were calm for the most part. They never bought the barf bags out which is a good sign.

Tucker in Texas

Just got off the Mariner this morning from the TA. Guess I am going to have to "eat dirt." Had breakfast with two other couples and the subject of the "Port of Dreams" came up. I opined that if we ever got a cruise line in there, it would be something like Costa or MSC. It was only built to get votes to pass a bond issue more container ports. Oh well. Gotta learn to keep my mouth shut.

Cruise was very good. Weather not real good for sun bathing but the seas were calm for the most part. They never bought the barf bags out which is a good sign.

Tucker in Texas

Thank you Tucker for sharing your experience on the TA. I would like to do one of those at some point.

I hope we will see greater interest in cruising out of this area. I think we are already maximizing the number of those who will drive to catch a cruise. To grow, we have increase the number who will fly in to catch a cruise. One major complaint is that people think the drive from Houston Intercontinental to the Port of Galveston is too long. I know a lot of people will fly in a day early to catch the start of a cruise. But generally they want to disembark and fly home the same day. One key to the new terminal working is if they can reliably get passengers back to the airport quickly after a cruise. We have good airports and connections. The drawback is the time to travel from the Galveston cruise terminal back to the airport. I believe that factor alone makes some people choose to not cruise out of Galveston.

The other factor I believe limiting popularity is the lack of different itineraries. I truly hope we do not just have more cruise lines going to the same ports. We shall see.

I hope we will see greater interest in cruising out of this area. I think we are already maximizing the number of those who will drive to catch a cruise. To grow, we have increase the number who will fly in to catch a cruise. One major complaint is that people think the drive from Houston Intercontinental to the Port of Galveston is too long. I know a lot of people will fly in a day early to catch the start of a cruise. But generally they want to disembark and fly home the same day. One key to the new terminal working is if they can reliably get passengers back to the airport quickly after a cruise. We have good airports and connections. The drawback is the time to travel from the Galveston cruise terminal back to the airport. I believe that factor alone makes some people choose to not cruise out of Galveston.

The other factor I believe limiting popularity is the lack of different itineraries. I truly hope we do not just have more cruise lines going to the same ports. We shall see.

Now Jeff .. that just makes way too much sense! Wish you were on the Port Board!