New Drink Package

SuiteCruisin14

If I recall, the instructions say "same payment method" if I am reading this correctly, I would think if you both registered different credit cards or you set your husband's with a cash account, you might be able to do it.

Scott

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

That would apply to separate cabins only, but everyone including those that do not drink staying in the same cabin, regardless whether or not using same payment method are required to purchase a drink package.

Norwegian is currently testing this new Ultimate Package on ships in Europe.

There´s an "disclaimer" saying:

"Please keep in mind that in order to qualify for this program all guests registered within your cabin or additional / adjoining cabins with the same payment method must purchase The Ultimate Beverage Package; guests who are under the legal drinking age of 21 must purchase the Ulimited Soda Program and children under 2 do not apply. The Ultimate Beverage Package is nonrefundable and nontransferable."

Price is 49$/day.

You can also upgrade The Unlimited Soda Program for 3$/day with juices.

steamboats

That would apply to separate cabins only, but everyone including those that do not drink staying in the same cabin, regardless whether or not using same payment method are required to purchase a drink package.

I am still not sure if I agree with you, because there are two parts to the disclaimer; the first being same Cabin and adjoining cabin and the second part being same payment type. I interpret this as being that both parts need to be met. Most couples will automatically put down the same credit card number.

I realize that a lot of things can be open for interpretation and that could be a problem with the way they have worded it.

So let me get this right. I and my son 16 our in one cabin and my DW & DD in another cabin down the hall (not next door or connecting).

I can get it and son must get the soda package (he does anyway) My wife & DD do not want as they do not drink that much and besides we are bringing wine for her and paying corkage.

So If I use my amex to pay for both of us, she has to take it, but if I use my CC and she her own CC it is ok for just me to get it?

Do I have it right?

What I find interesting is NCL tries something that might appeal to people but they have so many exclusions, ands, ors, ifs, etc. that after 5 pages of this thread I'm still not sure what is included or not and who all has to pay. They are going to be able to keep that straight on the ship between staff and cruisers?

NCL - just keep it simple and make the only exclusion that the package isn't offered on any day that ends in "y".

I am still not sure if I agree with you, because there are two parts to the disclaimer; the first being same Cabin and adjoining cabin and the second part being same payment type. I interpret this as being that both parts need to be met. Most couples will automatically put down the same credit card number.

I realize that a lot of things can be open for interpretation and that could be a problem with the way they have worded it.

I just got off the Gem on Friday and this is what I was told. I did not purchase the package, so I am only going by what I was told.

If one person staying in the cabin buys the package, all need to buy the package. Doesn't make a difference if they used separate credit cards or not.

If you are staying in separate cabins, but used one credit card, then all the people in that separate cabin, also have to but the package too.

This is by the glass, and only house stuff. No fancy (liquor) drinks. No bottled water.

It is for Beer, wine, soda only.

Dawn

I just got off the Gem on Friday and this is what I was told. I did not purchase the package, so I am only going by what I was told.

If one person staying in the cabin buys the package, all need to buy the package. Doesn't make a difference if they used separate credit cards or not.

If you are staying in separate cabins, but used one credit card, then all the people in that separate cabin, also have to but the package too.

This is by the glass, and only house stuff. No fancy (liquor) drinks. No bottled water.

It is for Beer, wine, soda only.

Dawn

So in other words, the drinks listed in the menus by the pool bars are not included and if it is only for beer, wine, and soda, then it is not worth it!

I called my pcc and he checked - yes it includes mimosas, frozen drinks, martinis, & premium mixed drinks, everywhere except room service. Said to buy onboard

Well maybe shoreside knows more than what they know onboard the ship? I will check on it again Sunday as I will be cruising onboard the Gem again.

I called my pcc and he checked - yes it includes mimosas, frozen drinks, martinis, & premium mixed drinks, everywhere except room service. Said to buy onboard

I VERY hope you are correct. I asked my TA who seemed very well versed in the drink package way before this post started and he told me it was for beer, wine and soda and that everyone must purchase that is in the cabin/on the card.

I am doing a 7 day Breakaway to Bermuda where 3 full days are docked in Bermuda. My dh and I both like to drink at night on vacation but not going to spend $100 a night for beer/wine so wouldn't be worth it. I may, however, have to rethink if frozen drinks, matinis and premium mixed drinks are really included.

I HOPE that you are correct and if so, that it will be an option on the Breakaway.

Very interesting thread, it would def be beneficial to us! We are off on the Spirit for Christmas. Not that I'm saying we drink too much but last year on Queen Victoria (2 of us, 16 nights) our onboard account came to $2800, almost entirely drink & gratuities.....:D

Archived