New Drink Package

SuiteCruisin14

Does this include drinks from their menus like their Mojito, Strawberry Daquiri, and the Blue Man Group drink? Those usually run about 8-9 dollars. Trying to decide if I should wait until I'm aboard the Epic and see if it's there November 24th, or get a bar setup now.

Does this include drinks from their menus like their Mojito, Strawberry Daquiri, and the Blue Man Group drink? Those usually run about 8-9 dollars. Trying to decide if I should wait until I'm aboard the Epic and see if it's there November 24th, or get a bar setup now.

I understand what you are saying. . .there is really no need for a bar set up if you go with this package if it is available. However, the one problem that I can see is for example, we do occasionally like to have a drink in our room, and we wouldn't want to run to a bar just to get a cocktail. I guess the solution to this this would be to purchase a few bottles from the mini bar.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

We had it on Celebrity and it was fantastic!!:D

Back in Sept on our Gem cruise there was a rumor stating NCL was going to introduce the beverage package.

So glad they finally added it.

Wish there was more info on the package.

Nothing is mention in their Press Releases. :cool:

Only thing I have found is that it's offered on the Sun, Gem and Jade -- at $49 per person per day plus gratuity.

~~~~

I understand why, but I wish I did not have to purchase it for both my wife and myself. Not sure how NCL would control it, but my wife might have one drink per day and never get her money's worth. If I could buy it for just myself, I would do it.

Where is it written that all in a cabin have to purchase it?

I understand Carnival has it set up that way.

On Celebrity each guest in a cabin had the right to purchase it or not.

Where is it written that all in a cabin have to purchase it?

I understand Carnival has it set up that way.

On Celebrity each guest in a cabin had the right to purchase it or not.

It says it in the attachment above and that's what we have been told by crew.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[quote name='steamboatsNorwegian is currently testing this new Ultimate Package on ships in Europe.

There´s an "disclaimer" saying:

"Please keep in mind that in order to qualify for this program all guests registered within your cabin or additional / adjoining cabins with the same payment method must purchase The Ultimate Beverage Package; guests who are under the legal drinking age of 21 must purchase the Ulimited Soda Program and children under 2 do not apply. The Ultimate Beverage Package is nonrefundable and nontransferable."

Price is 49$/day.

You can also upgrade The Unlimited Soda Program for 3$/day with juices[/quote]

Is there any way to enlarge this?

I can barely see the print :cool:

It says it in the attachment above and that's what we have been told by crew.
:eek: Wow good eyesight.

I needed my reading glasses and Magnifying glass to read it' date=' and still could barely make it out. [/b'] :cool:

Unbelievable that they are forcing children as young as 3 :eek: to order a "soda package". I am cringing just thinking about it.

Shame on NCL to be enforcing this.

Here we go for what´s written in the attachment:

Includes:

- All house, call and premium beverage charges at bars, lounges and restaurants (PLEASE ASK YOUR SERVER OR BARTENDER FOR A LIST OF ITEMS)

- Private Island (when applicable)

- Wine by the glass prices up to $10 in restaurants (Wine selection is subject to change)

- Bottled beer priced $5.50 and under and draft selections up to 16 oz.

- Fountain sodas and juices

- One drink per guest, per order

- Selection subject to availability

Excludes:

- Room Service beverage orders

- Promotional Package Sales

- Super Premium and Ultra Premium Brands (List is subject to change)

- Wine or liquor by the bottle

- Wine by the glass priced over $10

- Purchases from Mini bars

- Fresh squeezed juices

- Canned sodas or Energy Drinks

- Cocktail Parties, Hors d´oeuvres and/or any food items (including ice cream)

- Specialty Coffee Beverages of any kind

- Bottled Beers priced over $5.50

- Tobacco products

- Bottled Water

- Souvenir Glassware

steamboats

The sheet that was shown was from a European cruise - we were just off the Sun and I don't remember seeing anything about having to buy a soda package for kids, only that all adults in the cabin had to buy the drink package.

Read the Please note:

States : Guest who are under the legal drinking age of 21 must purchase the Unlimited Soda Program.

It would be nice to know the premium v. Ultra/Super liquor. That would be important to DH, as his taste is more discriminating than my own :p

If it really is meant to be all inclusive, then juice, bottled water, and speciality coffee beverages should be included. Come on! :rolleyes:

If it really is meant to be all inclusive, then juice, bottled water, and speciality coffee beverages should be included. Come on! :rolleyes:

Agreed. And what about Irish Coffee? Would that count as an alcoholic beverage or a specialty coffee? hmmm?

@srlafleur,

I fear Irish Coffee is regarded as specialty coffee ;).

steamboats

See, if I had bought the package, that would just p*ss me off - it's got alcohol in it.

If bottled water and specialty coffees aren't included, then the package definitely isn't worth it to me, particularly on port days. On sea days, I'd likely drink my money's worth - mimosa or bloody mary with breakfast, wine or beer with lunch, cocktail or 2 in the afternoon, a coupla glasses of wine at dinner, after dinner drink. Not so hard to do. But we specifically look for port-intensive itineraries, so we probably will never buy the package.

thanks Steamboats.

Agreed about money's worth on port v. sea days. I still think speciality coffee and bottled water should be included. Even if it was not individual bottles, like a 6-pack of the liter bottles for a 7-day cruise seems fair for that price. I like the idea of being able to really budget out the cruise with these all inclusives, but it leaves too much out that would be extras.

I totally agree with you! Specialty coffees and (non premium) bottled water should be included. In the Med it was San Benedetto for the water package. Hmm, I get 1.5 l of San Benedetto for 29 cents (Euro plus 25 cent deposit) at my local Aldi supermarket...:rolleyes:

The Gem and Jade used to have those WMF machines in the Garden Café which had Espresso and Cappuccino (for free, o.k. it wasn´t the best but way better than the coffee for European taste). Those machines are gone for a while :mad:. But when you book The Ulitmate Beverage Package you still have to pay extra for a cappuccino??:confused: Doesn´t really make sense to me.

steamboats

Hmmmm something to think about. We're on the Sun for 10 days would come out to $56.35/day = $563.50. Like to have a few glasses of wine at lunch & dinner, would have to have at least 6/day. Not too hard to do with 2 at lunch, 3 at dinner, + a nightcap. Would be nice not to worry about the bar bill :)

Would purchase this in a minute if both stateroom occupants didn't need to do so. DH is diabetic so drinks very little. I purchased the Premium package on our last Celebrity cruise and have done so for our next one. It's a no brainer for me on Celebrity since it also includes specialty coffees, bottled water and fresh squeezed juices.

Would purchase this in a minute if both stateroom occupants didn't need to do so. DH is diabetic so drinks very little. I purchased the Premium package on our last Celebrity cruise and have done so for our next one. It's a no brainer for me on Celebrity since it also includes specialty coffees, bottled water and fresh squeezed juices.

If I recall, the instructions say "same payment method" if I am reading this correctly, I would think if you both registered different credit cards or you set your husband's with a cash account, you might be able to do it.

Scott

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Have not read all of this thread.

Do not know where the $50

a day came from.

On this mornings news they said

NCL was trying out an all inclusive

drink package for $29 per day.

They were to be doing it on three

ships but did not know which three.

Carnival is doing it for $42 per day.

Personally I thin $50 a day is to expensive.

On the Dawn two year ago I paid

$22 for a bucket of six domestic beers

Bobmal99'

this was on new's for Norwegian.

3:11PM EST November 15. 2012 - Add Norwegian Cruise Line to the list of major cruise operators testing "all-you-can-drink" alcohol packages.

The Miami-based company has begun offering what it is calling an all-inclusive drinks package on three of its 11 ships — the Norwegian Sun, Norwegian Gem and Norwegian Jade — at $49 per person per day plus gratuity.

Norwegian is following in the footsteps of industry giant Carnival, which has been testing an unlimited drinks package on a handful of ships since August.

Archived