New Drink Package

SuiteCruisin14

I read your post and thought it warranted a call to NCL as we are leaving this week on the Gem. Last year we sailed Celebrity Silhouette and we purchased a beverage package that included EVERYTHING. It was a little pricey, but so worth it. We enjoy a martini, wine, and mixed drinks. Their package also included everything that you could drink out of a tap or bottle. Needless to say, I drank more Pellegrino mineral water in 12 days that I have in my entire life time.

So....I contacted NCL and they do not offer any alcohol drink packages. They, however, do have the soda package. We don't drink soda enough to purchase a package, and I could go longer without.

I wish NCL would offer a beverage package like Celebrity. It was so convenient not to think about drink prices onboard. There is such a freedom with the drink package.

Sigh.

the copied post was from me

we were on the ill fated 9 day to 5 day bermuda

i saw the sign for the package on the pool deck

i so wish i took a picture of it...

but it was offered

the copied post was from me

we were on the ill fated 9 day to 5 day bermuda

i saw the sign for the package on the pool deck

i so wish i took a picture of it...

but it was offered

Hi Rymoma-Yes, I copied the original from you and thanks for perking up the Q & A on this. We are sailing in 23 days on the Gem on a 9 day and we are very interested. As another poster said, calling does no good as the land base crew usually has no idea what is happening at sea.

I am not sure the cost for us -9 x $100 would be worth while, we are still debating.

Lynda

This package was available on our 10 day Sun cruise to Southern Caribbean on 14th October. We debated buying it but finally decided we wouldn't drink that much every single day. We were glad we decided this as most days we went to happy hour in the Sports Bar which is 2 for 1 between 4pm & 6pm. It meant 2 Budweiser & 2 vodka & coke cost only $12 which I thought was great value!

On the Sun, the package covered any drink under $10. I suspect the land based staff does not know about the package because you cannot prepurchase it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That's a helpful guideline. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I really hope NCL starts offering this, we had it on Celebrity and it was fantastic, really enhanced our cruise. Celebrity has 2 levels, Classic and Premium. The Premium is about $50/day and includes top shelf liquors like Chivas and Johnny Walker Black, plus all cocktails and wine and beer up to $12. It also includes all non alcoholic drinks including specialty coffees, smoothies, fresh squeezed juices, soda, bottled water and so on. We weren't sure we'd drink enough but we at least came out even when you add everything up, and we loved the elegance of no slips to sign and the chance to try drinks we probably would not otherwise. It's really a win-win situation since it's got to be a moneymaker for the cruise line.

We're going on the Jade in March......hope we can keep this dialogue going and get some facts....it would be awesome to have that available on our cruise, especially since it's our "first time" on Norwegian!

Subtract the wine package we usually get and add this instead.....;)

We usually cruise RCCL but are looking forward to all the dif dining options on Jade. Bummer that they removed Egypt from the intinerary (we got E-gypted, get it???!!!) but have decided to go all the same. Our friends have dropped out...trying to convince them to re-book....the drink package might be a "nudger"!

Does anyone know how much the soda package is for kids and do the adults have to buy it aswell ?

Remember, the NCL website has tons of this info and the search funciton works well over there. No need for the adults to buy it, too. It's definitely a per person thing, not an "everyone in the stateroom" thing.

Adult & Teen Soda Program (ages 13 & older)

Give the gift of endless fountain soda throughout their cruise.

Unlimited Fountain Soda

Includes: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt. Dew, Ginger Ale, Tonic water, Club Soda.

The entire cruise must be purchased. Non-Refundable.

Prepaid @ $6.25 per person per day x Cruise days plus 15% gratuity

and applicable taxes

Souvenir Thermal mug included in the purchase of the program

$6.25/day

The Children’s Soda Program (ages 12 and under)

Unlimited Fountain Soda

Includes: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt. Dew, Ginger Ale, Tonic water, Club Soda.

The entire cruise must be purchased. Non-Refundable.

Prepaid @ $4.00 per person per day x Cruise days plus 15% gratuity

and applicable taxes

Souvenir Thermal mug included in the purchase of the program

It does not include all liquors. There were 2 levels: domestic beer & well drinks or imported beer & call brands. I don't remember what the call brands were but I know they did NOT include Absolute Vodka, Johnny Walker Red, Bailey's Irish Cream, Cuervo tequilla, or Malibu or Bacardi Rum. Forget about stuff that is farther up or true top shelf.

This would make the package entirely useless to me. Also, I imagine that you would then be limited to wines offered by the glass, rather than those offered only by the bottle- correct?

On our 9 day Gem I debating this.

I was going to bring a case of wine the case will be about $200. + $15 per bottle = $380 + other drinks. for the 2 of us. Last trip I spent about $250 each so $880 total. Drinking the wine I want (better than the $50 a bottle on board) and any drink.

At $56.35 (tax and tip) x 9 $507 x two is $1014 total with 4 days in port I do not think it will be worth it. Now if I can drop the port days I would do it.

On our 9 day Gem I debating this.

I was going to bring a case of wine the case will be about $200. + $15 per bottle = $380 + other drinks. for the 2 of us. Last trip I spent about $250 each so $880 total. Drinking the wine I want (better than the $50 a bottle on board) and any drink.

At $56.35 (tax and tip) x 9 $507 x two is $1014 total with 4 days in port I do not think it will be worth it. Now if I can drop the port days I would do it.

DH and I were just doing the same thing last night and came to the same conclusion. While we really love the idea of an all inclusive drink package with the port days it just makes you feel like you have to drink that much more to get your moneys worth and I don't think I am willing to do that. ;) But things could change I guess. :D

Norwegian is currently testing this new Ultimate Package on ships in Europe.

There´s an "disclaimer" saying:

"Please keep in mind that in order to qualify for this program all guests registered within your cabin or additional / adjoining cabins with the same payment method must purchase The Ultimate Beverage Package; guests who are under the legal drinking age of 21 must purchase the Ulimited Soda Program and children under 2 do not apply. The Ultimate Beverage Package is nonrefundable and nontransferable."

Price is 49$/day.

You can also upgrade The Unlimited Soda Program for 3$/day with juices.

steamboats

GetraenkepaketNCL.jpg.044f17150f6170be42f3c188d0dfff6c.jpg

My TA just told me about this. So it is spreading. She said it would be rolling out across the ships soon but she didn't now if our Dawn on Dec 2nd would have it. She confirmed it was on the Sun as she is sailing it next week.

Sorry, I´ll give it another try. The first attachment is too small to read.

I can read the original but as soon as it´s uploaded it´s getting too small. I´m sorry.

steamboats

Looks like it's saying it excludes bottled water, specialty coffees and a whole lot of other stuff. That pretty much clinches it for me not bothering with it.

(and tobacco products?!? :confused:)

I really hope that they either decide to include the coffee drinks, waters, and juices with this or offer an upgrade. If they do that, I don't even need to think about it since I can drink my weight in coffee and sparkling water in one day. The mixed drinks, wine, and beer would just be a bonus.

Although I have to say that I can't believe some of the venom people have about a drink package being offered on cruises. Not this thread, thankfully, but I've seen others and a post about this on the Facebook page had one person calling anyone who would even be interested in it a drunk. Considering the other cruise lines who have either packages (Celebrity) or the luxury all-inclusive lines aren't exactly known as ships full of drunks, I really can't see where the fear comes from.

Norwegian is currently testing this new Ultimate Package on ships in Europe.

There´s an "disclaimer" saying:

"Please keep in mind that in order to qualify for this program all guests registered within your cabin or additional / adjoining cabins with the same payment method must purchase The Ultimate Beverage Package; guests who are under the legal drinking age of 21 must purchase the Ulimited Soda Program and children under 2 do not apply. The Ultimate Beverage Package is nonrefundable and nontransferable."

Price is 49$/day.

You can also upgrade The Unlimited Soda Program for 3$/day with juices.

steamboats

Thank you- I was able to blow up your attachment in microsoft paint and I will try to add it here. It says "excludes ultra premium and uper premium" alcohol. Any idea what that means? Sorry I cannot attach it :(

Archived