Bathrooms - Veendam

Cosmic Rays

Okay......

For cabins that have a tub, the shower is a combination with the tub. OP was inquiring about cabins with tubs unless I misunderstood the question. I did not interpret his question to be referring to all cabins on the ship but rather specific one..... that being one with a tub.

In contrast, there are categories of cabins on Vista and Signature ships that have a separate tub and stall shower.

OP was inquiring re: Veendam/"S" class ships.

We have a large outside stateroom (F grade) on our first HAL voyage on Veendam. How big are the bathrooms and are the baths big or small? Is the shower over the bath?

The bathrooms are a good size...the outsides have a tub with shower...the bathrooms on all "S" class ships are the same configuration. Not sure what you're looking for as a comparison; the only other line we've sailed was Princess and the HAL bathrooms are much, much bigger.

My original question was specific re an 'F' category outside stateroom and the bath/shower set up. Can you lie in the bath or is it very short?

I guess that would depend on the bather, wouldn't it? ;) How short would you mean? US standard bathtub sizes are 60 inches long, 30 inches wide and 14 inches deep. I would say the tubs on Holland's ships are not THAT much smaller, possibly even a bit deeper. I remember it being a high step to get into the tub.

The HAL tubs on the "S" class ships (Veendam being one of them) are not as wide as my 'traditional' size tub at home. I would estimate it is a few inches shorter, as well. I have enjoyed many a whirlpool bath in those tubs. HAL provides bath gel and the jets make for a relaxing soak. :)

Yes, it is a high step to get into the tub.

I think the tubs on the Signature and Vista ships are a bit wider.

I guess that would depend on the bather, wouldn't it? ;) How short would you mean? US standard bathtub sizes are 60 inches long, 30 inches wide and 14 inches deep. I would say the tubs on Holland's ships are not THAT much smaller, possibly even a bit deeper. I remember it being a high step to get into the tub.

Good one, Josie! Having said that, I think the "S" class tubs are exactly as you describe. Our first cruise a month after my hip replacement, I had to ask for a stool to manage the step into the tub.

We enjoyed the inside on the Veendam in May as it is a shower only. Doing a repeat on the Ryndam in January.

The HAL tubs on the "S" class ships (Veendam being one of them) are not as wide as my 'traditional' size tub at home. I would estimate it is a few inches shorter, as well. I have enjoyed many a whirlpool bath in those tubs. HAL provides bath gel and the jets make for a relaxing soak. :)

However, this is not what OP will find in that F-category cabin, and should be aware of that. It's a plain ol' tub, with no whirlpool in it.

Yes, OP, the time I was in a similar cabin I could stretch out in the tub as I could at home. I did find the sides rounded at the bottom with a more pronounced curvature, though.

My original question was specific re an 'F' category outside stateroom and the bath/shower set up. Can you lie in the bath or is it very short?

Hi Cosmic Rays......yes you have room to lie down in your bath tub. I'm pretty tall and can stretch out in one. Hopes that helps.

Specifically F cabins. You're the one that said "any cabins except perhaps "PS". :p

Sail was responding to the OP who has an Outside cabin and wanted to know if the shower was over the bath,

"We have a large outside stateroom... Is the shower over the bath?"

So, Sail said it was and added that only some staterooms such as PH had both a bathtub and separate shower.

I also interpeted the original question to be asking if the shower was in/over the bath (tub), as opposed to both a bathtub and separate shower stall, in an Outside cabin on HAL.

Hi Cosmic Rays......yes you have room to lie down in your bath tub. I'm pretty tall and can stretch out in one. Hopes that helps.

Thank you for your input, and all others too!

They seem to be a standard size and it will be nice to have a long soak having sailed round Cape Horn in February, rather than having to stand in a shower as we usually do!!!

Sail was responding to the OP who has an Outside cabin and wanted to know if the shower was over the bath,

"We have a large outside stateroom... Is the shower over the bath?"

So, Sail said it was and added that only some staterooms such as PH had both a bathtub and separate shower.

I also interpeted the original question to be asking if the shower was in/over the bath (tub), as opposed to both a bathtub and separate shower stall, in an Outside cabin on HAL.

Thanks, Jade.

I am relieved to read my response was not so confusing as to be unable to be understood.

:) I knew what I meant and am happy someone else did, as well. ;)

Archived