What bugs me the most

shorbr

I was chatting to a maintenance guy on FOS in September as they were having plumbing problems (not my stateroom thankfully) and he said the 2 biggest causes of blockages are:

1. People who don't like the RCI toilet paper and therefore decide to take their own Charmin or the like. He said this doesn't flush away as its material like and not only blocks up the toilet pipes but also their machines that break down toilet waste.

2. Baby wet wipes or make up wipes. He said these just block everything up !

People must just be stupid to use their own toilet paper when what is on board is clearly made for cruising for many reasons including good plumbing and re-cycling.

more than likely they are self-centered arrogant types that think that any requests, guidelines or rules do not apply to them....And they will be the first ones at the Customer Service desk stirring up a mutiny if they are not given a free cruise because they screwed up the plumbing!

I was chatting to a maintenance guy on FOS in September as they were having plumbing problems (not my stateroom thankfully) and he said the 2 biggest causes of blockages are:

1. People who don't like the RCI toilet paper and therefore decide to take their own Charmin or the like. He said this doesn't flush away as its material like and not only blocks up the toilet pipes but also their machines that break down toilet waste.

2. Baby wet wipes or make up wipes. He said these just block everything up !

People must just be stupid to use their own toilet paper when what is on board is clearly made for cruising for many reasons including good plumbing and re-cycling.

My parents had their toilet blocked because someone had used a baby wipe "upstream" and it got stuck "downstream" at at junction. People forget that what they can flush at home is not always what they can flush at sea.

I've had plumbing issues on at least two cruises. One time, the toilet would flush just fine, but would then fill up and overflow :( Flushing again usually solved the problem, but sometimes I would have to stand there and stare at the toilet for at least 4 or 5 flushes to make sure it wasn't filling up again. A huge waste of water, and my time. Of course, when I called maintenance, the toilet seemed to work fine for him :rolleyes:

Archived