What bugs me the most

shorbr

about cruising is when the toilets dysfunction. It drives me absolutely nuts. Then you have to wait for maintenance to fix it. It happened on my last cruise and it took over 4 hours, and this was while we were getting dressed for dinner. This has happened on my last four cruises.

Does this happen to anybody else? No flames please.

about cruising is when the toilets dysfunction. It drives me absolutely nuts. Then you have to wait for maintenance to fix it. It happened on my last cruise and it took over 4 hours, and this was while we were getting dressed for dinner. This has happened on my last four cruises.

Does this happen to anybody else? No flames please.

2 out of 4 cruises we have had toilet issues.

First one was a dry vaccuum so it continually made a sucking sound.

Second was a repeating issue of it overflowing AFTER flushing...THANKFULLY... This had a tendency to happen as we were going to bed. So, wait for maintanace to show, and try and fix the issue. The second time it happened on the the same cruise it was at 3am... Maint rolled in shortly after we used the last towel to keep the water from flowing into the room. We knew there might be an issue b/c the shower wouldn't drain properly either.

Turned out there was a RUBBER GLOVE caught in the grey-water drain at the T where our room tied in.

We got 4 phone calls from staff appologizing for the inconvience and they sent a bottle of wine to the room for our troubles.

? No flames please.

I didn't know this was an option in posts. I AM SMARTER THAN ALL OF YOU PEOPLE! (No flames please ;) ) No problems on my cruises, but we are only 2 people if that is relevant. Newer ships any better? Maybe we spend so little time in our cabin we use the other restrooms more? I know living in an older house, we tend to flush before finishing sometimes to avoid flushing, but that is a process that is not inviting on a cruise ship.

We're actually only had the problem once, and that was at boarding and eventually we were given a new cabin. It does seem like this issue comes up here a lot, and I'm wondering, if it makes any difference where you are on the ship? We're usually higher up, and in the center.

We're actually only had the problem once, and that was at boarding and eventually we were given a new cabin. It does seem like this issue comes up here a lot, and I'm wondering, if it makes any difference where you are on the ship? We're usually higher up, and in the center.

We were on deck 8 mid ship originally, but we had to change our cabin due to the smell of sewage in our cabin and in the hallways. It was really bad. Finally we were relocated to 6308 starboard side and that is where we had the issue.

of toilet issues stem from passengers. It makes not if a ship is new, old, etc.....folks either lack the IQ or lack a sense of responsibility.....or both....and stuff stuff down the toilets that do not belong in the toilets.
And unfortunately, the problems created are not always confined to the toilets of the offending parties.

I don't understand why ship's plumbing is so "iffy".....we never flush anything but what's supposed to be flushed.....we lived with a septic system for years, so we know what doesn't belong in a toilet!!!

We've had non-working toilets on 2 ships...they did fix it, but it's a pain! On other cruises, the sewer odor has been off and on....just something we've come to expect! If it doesn't happen, we're pretty happy!!!

I don't understand why ship's plumbing is so "iffy".....we never flush anything but what's supposed to be flushed.....we lived with a septic system for years, so we know what doesn't belong in a toilet!!!

We've had non-working toilets on 2 ships...they did fix it, but it's a pain! On other cruises, the sewer odor has been off and on....just something we've come to expect! If it doesn't happen, we're pretty happy!!!

Ok, thank you very much. We are like you..."we never flush anything but what's supposed to be flushed" My paranoia started to rear its ugly head...I thought it was because I complained about something...

Just got off Freedom of the Seas on Sunday. At least 5 times during our cruise we had a message on the interactive TV regarding flushing only provided toilet paper and human waste in the toilet. One of our party saw signs to that effect for the bathrooms for this weeks cruise.

Archived