Question about rooms

LadyVolFan

We are a group of 9. To get past guest rates, we booked ourselves so each room had one past guest. Now the question is...when we check in can we ask to switch room key (sign and sail card) names? For example, I booked a room with my dad and my nephew booked a room with my hubby. I want to be in the room with my husband and would like my sign and sail card to reflect the change. Has anyone made this kind of switch? I don't want to switch sign and sail cards with my nephew :p

No problem at all. Just go to Guest Services and they recode your cards for the room switch. We did the same thing to be able to use FCC.....had hubby in room with one son, me in other room. Upon embarkation, we just went down to the guest serv and had them change the cards....no problem at all. FYI - your Sail & Sign card does not have your cabin number on it anyhow, it is only the magnetic coding on the card that opens your door.

We are a group of 9. To get past guest rates, we booked ourselves so each room had one past guest. Now the question is...when we check in can we ask to switch room key (sign and sail card) names? For example, I booked a room with my dad and my nephew booked a room with my hubby. I want to be in the room with my husband and would like my sign and sail card to reflect the change. Has anyone made this kind of switch? I don't want to switch sign and sail cards with my nephew :p

This is very common. Carnival will have no problem fixing the cards to reflect the switch. Ask at the port and they may do it there. Otherwise, Guest Services can do it when you get on the ship.

We did this back in June. Upon embarkation, we all met at Guest Services. The gal behind the desk took our cards and swiped them, reassigning the info on the mag strips to the correct cabins. It took all of three minutes. Doing this did not affect our Sail and Sign accounts at all.

In on-line check in, after the first person sets up their SS account, there's a link that asks if you'd like to add someone from another booking. Just fill in the booking number and last name and select the person from that booking #. So only half the bookings have to do financial part of check in.

I had to do this for parents who were separated for same reason

We have four cabins and will have to switch one person from each cabin. Write down the names so only those people have to switch it up!

Print out separate boarding passes!

Archived