Photo Tour of the Spirit - November 2012

computerworks

OH MY GOSH I FRICKEN LOVE THIS SHIP!! :D Ok, taking a breath. This is my favorite "small" ship so far. I miss her so. Bringing a tear to my eye just looking at all the pictures and reflecting back on the Spirit versus all the other ship we've been on since. There is no comparision AT ALL. She's one of a kind and the Asian decor is simply beautiful. :)

Norwegian Spirit looks charming! I can tell from your photographs that she appears to be my idea of a classic cruise liner. I intend to sail on her in the near future. Thank you for posting such a complete ship review as it is extremely helpful when selecting a ship/itinerary.

Thank you so much for all of the photos. We are booked for July 2013 Venice to Barcelona and loved seeing the ship. It looks great and now I am REALLY excited!!

You should be excited! A fabulous cruise on a wonderful ship. I would do it again in a minute.

I'm on the Spirit in 12 days time, I really can't wait now I've seen your pictures. I was a bit worried having been on the Epic and P&O Azura (both being large ships) but the Spirit looks lovely. I have to say we are back with NCL after doing P&O last year. Definitely more fun and laid back on NCL.

Mandie

Thanks so much for taking such beautiful pictures and sharing them. We're sailing on the Spirit from Barcelona to Venice in June, and your photos have given us such a great idea of what the ship is like. I'm so much more excited now that I know what she looks like! Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much for posting these photos.

We are going on The Grand Med Barcelona to Venice this August, and seeing these photos has had my 3 kids dancing round the room in delight (especially seeing the burger counter :D)

Well, I hope this tour gives you a feeling for the Spirit. It is not for the Mega-Ship fans... but if you are a romantic cruiser, the size feels just right, in every way.

You really cannot truly feel the "Spirit" until you sail on her.

When you do, you'll know what we mean when we say there is just something special about her.

8194184375_871877d5fb_b.jpg

Our very first cruise ever was on the Spirit. Your photo tour brought back such wonderful memories of a truly beautiful ship. I have been hoping she would return to us here in NY but I don't think that is in her future. Thank you for the great pics :)

I have been hoping she would return to us here in NY but I don't think that is in her future.

My first cruise was also on the spirit and I miss her dearly. Wish she would come back to the u.s. my favorite ship so far.

I wish, also... but she will stay in Europe, at least for the next 2 years...doing Canary Islands from November to April... and Grand Med cruises from April to November.

I can't think of a better first European cruise for anyone than the 12 day Grand Mediterranean. :p

No, although it sure looks like it...they are a facade.

Darn it. I was really excited there for a minute. lol I am sailing on the Pearl in January, but have made a note for myself that the next ship I want to try is the Spirit. Thanks again!

Photo Tour of the Spirit - November 2012

We have just returned from a 9-day cruise on the Norwegian Spirit, out of Barcelona to the Canary Islands. It was an amazing trip that we won't soon forget.

Besides visiting new ports, it was on our favorite NCL ship....the third time on the Spirit for us.

I will post my Cruise and Port reviewd on a different thread, but this thread will address the age-old Spirit question.

I know there are dozens of past posts asking just what is so special about this ship...any many answers are the same:

"...I just can't explain it, but this ship is beautiful and special."

This time, I prepared my answer in pictures. Here is a photo tour showing the classic design and the beautiful appointments of this grand lady.

I hope it gives you a sense of what makes the Spirit unique.

Thanks for the great pictures. We are sailing June on grand Med.