Photo Tour of the Spirit - November 2012

computerworks

At the aft end of the hallway on both Deck 8 and Deck 7 are entrances to the Stardust Theater

8194189027_68980d23ac_b.jpg

An unusual layout, the theater is aft on the Spirit, with the stage at the forward end of the venue.

8195279978_21205f0e4b_b.jpg

8194186925_66e3cf75b1_b.jpg

8195279894_9e22d0f5bf_b.jpg

8194186831_8773371cdc_b.jpg

For us the chairs were uncomfortable in the theater and there needs to be another aisle to make access to the chairs easier.

Leaving the theater, we'll hop on an elevator and go up to Deck 12 for Raffles Court, the buffet.

Unlike many of the newer ships, the buffet does not have a kitchen on the same deck, so there is seating on both sides of the serving areas...giving it a very open and uncrowded feeling.

8195279748_948be71536_b.jpg

8195279662_39d42c5ba1_b.jpg

8194186621_a3d7e5e4b3_b.jpg

8195279596_1b6ecb2de9_b.jpg

8194186545_55a35896f2_b.jpg

8194186515_ce39c76805_b.jpg

After a short break...and we'll go topside.

This is a great buffet layout.

Finally on Deck 12 Forward is the main observation lounge, the Galaxy of the Stars.

8194185271_4d33141012_b.jpg

Bingo and games by day, shows and dancing at night

8195278420_d8a05d7515_b.jpg

8195278366_36d0360276_b.jpg

8194184151_609598e957_b.jpg

8194185149_5b6b9978ac_b.jpg

If you want to pretend to drive the boat, you can live that fantasy right here.

8195278260_b506371270_b.jpg

Beautiful room

You have posted such lovely photos. The pics brought back a lot of memories from our 2010 Canada/New England cruise with my Mom. Thank you so much. Have you done any other photo tours of ships?

• 11 months later...

I know I have to wait a REALLY long time to sail the Spirit--but I found your pictorial and I hope that 4+ years later, she will still be as beautiful! I love the very sort of "homey" feel of places like the pub and library--and the pool looks beautiful! That aft area of 3 tiers is amazing-- your photos are what I envision a cruise ship SHOULD be...so now I am so excited - but wait I must.... :):)

I know I have to wait a REALLY long time to sail the Spirit--but I found your pictorial and I hope that 4+ years later, she will still be as beautiful! I love the very sort of "homey" feel of places like the pub and library--and the pool looks beautiful! That aft area of 3 tiers is amazing-- your photos are what I envision a cruise ship SHOULD be...so now I am so excited - but wait I must.... :):)

I feel the same way. We are looking to book on the Spirit for September of 2016....and these photos are fantastic. Looks like a nice mid-size ship.

• 6 months later...

Thank you so much for this wonderful gallery of pictures. They really were helpful. We were thinking of booking the Spirit but wondered with it being an older ship, if it would be a little worn. But thanks to your pictures I think we will see where she sails and book it.

Thanks again

Nancy

• 2 weeks later...
What areas are you looking for?

Looking for deck 10 - bump out area in the aft port side. Also, is there direct access to the kid's area from the last few cabins on deck 10? Any pros or cons for these cabins (10676 or 10678). Thanks - have been on most class of NCL but not the Spirit. :-)

Edited by Tyskie

Looking for deck 10 - bump out area in the aft port side. Also, is there direct access to the kid's area from the last few cabins on deck 10? Any pros or cons for these cabins (10676 or 10678). Thanks - have been on most class of NCL but not the Spirit. :-)

We are aft on 9 port side in mid-Dec. I'll have to try to remember to take some pics of what you are looking for in terms of those rooms.

As far as access, there are stairs aft that lead to the kids pool area. It was 2007 last time we sailed but we would go aft port side and take stairs to the pool area. I don't recall exactly what floor we were on but 9 seems to come to mind.

We are aft on 9 port side in mid-Dec. I'll have to try to remember to take some pics of what you are looking for in terms of those rooms.

As far as access, there are stairs aft that lead to the kids pool area. It was 2007 last time we sailed but we would go aft port side and take stairs to the pool area. I don't recall exactly what floor we were on but 9 seems to come to mind.

Thanks! We're an "older" (:eek:) couple so not interested in stairs or door to the kids area on that side of the ship. We generally prefer aft as it seems to be less foot traffic/more quiet. On the deck plans it doesn't look like there is a door or opening. I was looking at 10668 but can't tell from the plans if it's limited sight or what. (took mid-ship 10 but looking to change if possible):D

Thanks! We're an "older" (:eek:) couple so not interested in stairs or door to the kids area on that side of the ship. We generally prefer aft as it seems to be less foot traffic/more quiet. On the deck plans it doesn't look like there is a door or opening. I was looking at 10668 but can't tell from the plans if it's limited sight or what. (took mid-ship 10 but looking to change if possible):D

I was looking at a youtube just last week that had some shots of that part of the ship from the pier.

Let me see if I can find it again.

I was looking at a youtube just last week that had some shots of that part of the ship from the pier.

Let me see if I can find it again.

This probably isn't what you are looking for but it shows the aft from the back right at the beginning:

This one at 10:40 in where you see the hot tub but to the right under the deck, I "think" there is an entrance from 10 port side aft to deck 10 where the rooms are:

If you look at the deck plans for 9 and 10 it is tough to tell what exactly is back there. If you look at just aft of the last room 10686 where it has a white area, I believe that leads to a door to get you out by the kids pool area. If you look at 9 between 9703 and 9708 it also has a white area.

When we were on the Spirit last time I do recall going out a door by 9708 and we ended up taking stairs up to the kids pool area. As far as 10 though, I'm still a bit fuzzy on what exactly was there but I can confirm for you in about 45 days.

We stayed in 10686 in 2014. If you exit the cabin and walk towards the aft you go around a small corner and there is a door to the outside kids area / hot tub. It was February in the Canary Islands, so no one was ever out there. We used it as a short cut to get upstairs to the outdoor buffet area to get juice in the morning.

Thanks everyone! Decided to stick with mid-ship 10. The only thing I might try for is a non-connecting room.

Looking at the video tour - did I see that the hair dryer is in the bathroom? Is this an old set-up prior to the updates or the norm for this ship? :confused:

Some of these might help give you an idea. Room 10572 Port side. We sailed earlier this year.

22568834305_f9ae191618_c.jpg

This is the Hair dryer on the wall of the bathroom.

22542798966_aabd24f2f9_c.jpg

Half the balcony. There is another chair to the right.

21947600233_7fb6b85f40_c.jpg

The desk. Doesn't take long to get filled up with crap.

22380847160_ba86c49d52_c.jpg

Lounge beside the bed. Folds out to another bed. We didn't use it as a bed at all.

21947800023_7ac470a87a_c.jpg

Cheers

Edited by wanderingoz

Some of these might help give you an idea. Room 10572 Port side. We sailed earlier this year.

Cheers

Thanks! :) Pictures were helpful - odd placement for the TV & hairdryer (will be bringing my own) but I do know that it was built for the Asian market. Everyone loves the Spirit and we can't wait to "try her out"!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...