Booze Cruise

Dem's fighting words Debs...ha.

Short ones are a good way to catch up with cruisie mates (that is if they stand still long enough..huh huh?)

Sue

:D :D :D :D

I can't help it if I have to be everywhere :p My company was in high demand LOL :D

I had fun :D

We had fun too, and four of our friends who were cruising virigns are booking their second cruise based on the great time they had on this one.

Not sure what that says about us and our friends.........:p

I love a drink, and good luck to those who enjoy themselves, but behave responsibly But perhaps the media will get hold of the story, but not from me, I was not there.

Oh to be young again ! But then again, I am no pensioner (yet.)

I just got off the Radiance Sydney to Sydney 2 nighter. I did this cruise last year so I knew that there would be a lot of celebrating, hens nights, bucks nights etc...however. It was the worst example of out of control drunkeness I have ever seen. So many passengers beyond drunk, half dressed, drinking in the swimming pools, foul language everywhere, screaming out obscenities during the safety briefing was just some of the issues. Lack of security very evident, smell of drugs very common...come on RCL. I took two brand new to cruising friends to show them why I love cruising...what a debacle...still like the ship but this cruise was a disgrace. RCL may have made a fortune on alcohol sales but anybody else would have been really turned off sailing with them again.[/size]

In the event of a real emergency I hate to think what would happen..there has to be some accountability for continuing to serve alcohol to those who obviously had enough...more than enough.

Sue

Unfortunately I feel the younger brigade see these short cruises as a cheap way to party,drink and use drugs.I think that the trend has been set and there will be more of these incidences irrespective of which cruise line you choose. You only need a group 20 or 30 friends with the party mentality and off course they seem to think...the cruise is just for them.other young ones will join the group mainly out of fear of being singled out....with short cruise that do not go to any ports means that trouble makers can,t be put off the ship....however I think ships still have a brig onboard to hold trouble makers.

Seems the night club scene has hit the cruise maket on shorter cruises.If this makes the press the short cruises will sell like hot cakes.

This will not put me me off cruising at all...I hope I am smart enough not to be where there is potential trouble.

Col:)

Had two groups of friends and relatives that just got back from this cruise and couldn't rave enough about how good it was... both seasoned and cruise virgins. ha ha. :P Don't know what that says about them aha. They said it was great "fun" hahahah.

They are above 30 and said that the few people that got carried away were older folks so before everyone jumps on the blame it on the young bandwagon!

It's common sense that a short cruise people are going to drink in my opinion, because people are either on it for one of two reasons-

1- To see the ship

2- To party or have a weekend letting off steam.

Majority of people fit in the latter.

Keep in mind the ship goes nowhere and is not long enough to be considered a holiday. For that reason age restricting would be silly... not to mention illegal.

Had two groups of friends and relatives that just got back from this cruise and couldn't rave enough about how good it was... both seasoned and cruise virgins. ha ha. :P Don't know what that says about them aha. They said it was great "fun" hahahah.

They are above 30 and said that the few people that got carried away were older folks so before everyone jumps on the blame it on the young bandwagon!

It's common sense that a short cruise people are going to drink in my opinion, because people are either on it for one of two reasons-

1- To see the ship

2- To party or have a weekend letting off steam.

Majority of people fit in the latter.

Keep in mind the ship goes nowhere and is not long enough to be considered a holiday. For that reason age restricting would be silly... not to mention illegal.

Maybe it was the 'TOOLIES' on board that caused the problems, just like at Schoolies on the Gold Coast.

Those short cruises to nowhere don't do it for me, plus I live so far from Sydney it takes a day to get there, so not much of a break!:D

Pity that the minority of yobbos ruined it for some people, I'll stick with my over 10 days long cruises which don't seem to attract the weekend boozers.

But hopefully RCCL will have taken note & will take steps in future to curb some peoples enthusiam for being totally idiots.:rolleyes:

Unfortunately I feel the younger brigade see these short cruises as a cheap way to party,drink and use drugs.I think that the trend has been set and there will be more of these incidences irrespective of which cruise line you choose. You only need a group 20 or 30 friends with the party mentality and off course they seem to think...the cruise is just for them.other young ones will join the group mainly out of fear of being singled out....with short cruise that do not go to any ports means that trouble makers can,t be put off the ship....however I think ships still have a brig onboard to hold trouble makers.

Seems the night club scene has hit the cruise maket on shorter cruises.If this makes the press the short cruises will sell like hot cakes.

This will not put me me off cruising at all...I hope I am smart enough not to be where there is potential trouble.

Col:)

I have to agree with the post from the fox

There were to many young people allowed to drink to much and then control the pool and the night club both days

I had a great time on this 2 night cruise and it wont put me off cruising again but RCCL do need to sort this sort of behaviour out

Radiance is a great ship, food excellent and plenty to do but I reckon over 2 nights I saw 20 or more bottles or classes dropped and smashed on dance floors even after repeated calls over the PA not to take them on the dance floor

The outdoor pool was not worth going near after midday as a group of young guys had taken it over both days and had a running battle with security all afternoon.

As i have said, I do like this ship and will go on her again but some of these issues need to be corrected

Wombat:)

I was on the Radiance of the Seas last year for a 2 night sampler with my friend that I took to the Baltic with me this last July. I did not see any outrageous behaviour on the ship but we mainly ate together in the main restaurant 1st night and buffet 2nd night and did the theatre shows. I did the rock climbing and used the early morning for photo opportunity around the ship.

I hope drugs are not finding their way onto cruise ships. I am 100% against them and their use and find anyone who needs them to have a good time is weak and pathetic. If your life is so miserable on a cruise ship that you need to pop a pill to have a good time then there is seriously something wrong with your life. Like sports drugs only the weak people take them who lack the strength to make it on your own.

My impression of the ship and Royal Caribbean was favourable and I would cruise with that company again. My friend Katia found the food on Royal Caribbean pretty ordinary while she loved the food on P&O UK. I found the sports activities to be the best on Royal Caribbean. The deck chairs were lousy and uncomfortable on Royal Caribbean and were better on P&O.

Its hard for me to comment on if I thought the 2 night trip last year was a booze cruise as most of the time was spent in the Junior Suite I had with Katia...

A couple of things to get this all into perspective from this thread and the Voyager 1 nighter...........

These short 1 and 2 night cruises are predominately full of freeloaders - travel agents, media, food gurus, etc. Therefore, the ship pushes the booze and other sundry items to the max to probably try and at least break even -they probably shouldn't but they will.

Drugs on a ship is not confined to Australia/ns. On the Freedom of the Seas in May in the Caribbean I could smell pot, so I'm guessing it wasn't from Australians because they're were only a handful of us on it. On the Diamond Princess from Bangkok to Sydney in November 2009 there was also the smell of pot often around and about, particularly from my next door neighbours cabin wafting into my cabin when I had the balcony door open who also were not Australian.

I've never smelt pot on a P&O ship, ever!

And I'm guessing the short US trips would be exactly like ours when a new ship comes to town.......with different accents :p

I also had a JS on the Radiance 2 nighter just gone :p

The outdoor pool was not worth going near after midday as a group of young guys had taken it over both days and had a running battle with security all afternoon.

That was the 21st birthday group. They would have got thrown off at the next port if the ship was going on a longer trip.

I just noticed that RCL is introducing "no limit pre purchase of alcohol" so how do others feel about this...me not a fan. I am not wanting a "nanny state" and don't mind others enjoying their cruise in their own fashion just as long as it doesn't affect my enjoyment of my cruise.

Too much alcohol can only lead to problems with safety and security onboard..there has to be some limits for those who are unable to exercise reasonable control of themselves.

What do others think?

Sandy MJ is called "grass" because that is exactly what it smells like... burning grass.

Sue

Haha guys, everyone says to me, "You'll know it if you smell it!", however, even though I walk through hippie markets, and ask my kids to tell me if they smell it, I'm still uninitiated. (I only know what LSD looks like because I saw some in the Brisbane police museum. :rolleyes:)

I am a baby boomer so the sixties and early seventies was prime time and I admit to my share of dubious choices...however..now being older and wiser (lol well sometimes) I think a ship at sea has far too many potential hazards to have a large percentage of the passengers totally off their faces.

If it ever comes to it I am not having my place in the lifeboat taken by some fool who thought it more sensible to shout out obscenities and stupid comments all through the safety briefing.:mad:

Sue

One wonders what the VOS crew thought of these drunken bogan idiots on the 1 night 'Sampler Cruise.' I hate to say it, but they might see plenty more as these weekend cruises seem to attract the species.

I just noticed that RCL is introducing "no limit pre purchase of alcohol" so how do others feel about this...me not a fan. I am not wanting a "nanny state" and don't mind others enjoying their cruise in their own fashion just as long as it doesn't affect my enjoyment of my cruise.

Too much alcohol can only lead to problems with safety and security onboard..there has to be some limits for those who are unable to exercise reasonable control of themselves.

What do others think?

Sandy MJ is called "grass" because that is exactly what it smells like... burning grass.

Sue

Great to have the premium drinks package and drink Martini,s all day instead of beer and frozen cocktails:D

But at $55 per day its a bit rich! I drink a fair bit on a cruise but my drink bill wouldnt come to $55 a day every day:eek: on my 14 nighter thats $770 just for the booze package!

Den

Archived