Eurodam Nov. 17 - 24, 2012

Debbie42467

Thank you so much for your insights and info--love your pictures! Your review has made me even more excited about our upcoming cruise on the Eurodam!!

Have a Fantastic time. I will be posting more photos, just waiting for them to upload.

Happy Sailing,

Debbie

:)

Thanks so much for the review. I can't wait until our cruise in January. I actually have seen Jeff Peterson and Indy before when we were on the Westerdam in August. Just curious, did they show any movies in the theater?

Thanks They did not show movies in the theater only in the "Screening Room". If you missed the movie they showed it on TV the next day.

Have a great time.

Debbie

Thanks for finding the first page - I found of couple of things I want to plan for.

Did you attend the champagne reception at 2:30 PM in the Culinary Center? If so, how was it, or was it just a pitch for art sales?

DaveOKC

Sorry DaveOKC I did not attend.

Debbie

Hi Debbie,

Great job on the review....tons of info here. Do you remember how late the Lido was open to.....ie did they have something like Princess where the buffet was limited but open after 12:00am....

Also....how late is the Lido Pool open until.

Thx

I too was on this cruise. I must admit the ship rolled a lot even on calm days. They have a 48 hours rule that coffee and soft drinks must be served by the staff, which I found to be an inconvenience. Room service took forever it seemed, at least an hour for everything. Also they never gave you exactly what is on the menu (no potatoes, always rice).

Hi Debbie,

Great job on the review....tons of info here. Do you remember how late the Lido was open to.....ie did they have something like Princess where the buffet was limited but open after 12:00am....

Also....how late is the Lido Pool open until.

Thx

Thanks JRT5000

Every night the Lido Restaurant it is open for casual dinner 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm and then starting at 10:30 they are open for light snack. The closing times for light snack varies between 11:00 pm and 12:30 am. (My opinion is Eroudam's "buffet" is 100% better and 90% larger than Princess')

The lido pool was open daily 7:00 am - 10:00 pm

Happy Sailing,

Debbie

Thanks Debbie. What fantastic photos. We leave on Eurodam on Saturday and can't wait. BTW, what night is that fantastic dessert buffet? One of those candy apples will find their way into my hand.

Thank you Darcie you must be so excited. You are going to have a fantastic time.

The Dessert Extravaganza was held on Wednesday day 5, opens at 10:15 pm for photo taking and then at 10:30 pm the chef are introduced and parades around the deck and then the fun begins. 10:30 pm -11:30 pm lido poolside.

Debbie

I too was on this cruise. I must admit the ship rolled a lot even on calm days. They have a 48 hours rule that coffee and soft drinks must be served by the staff, which I found to be an inconvenience. Room service took forever it seemed, at least an hour for everything. Also they never gave you exactly what is on the menu (no potatoes, always rice).

I do agree that it was inconvenient regarding the drink station and why do they use such small glasses? I always asked for two glasses because of the size.

I really only noticed the boat rolling/rocking the last two days, but the rolling/rocking doesn't bother me. I actually sleep so much better.

I ordered room service twice and both times it took just over 30 minutes. I had no complains. However, the 1st time I had to call three for them to pick up the tray and it was close to midnight before they came. The second time after calling twice I just sat the tray outside my door (which is a no-no, but it was late and I was ready for bed). For those who don't know what I'm talking about: When you order room service there is a note saying to call and have your tray picked up. They say do not place the tray outside your door.

Debbie

When you order room service there is a note saying to call and have your tray picked up. They say do not place the tray outside your door.

There's at least two good reasons why trays should never be left in the passageway:

In the unlikely event of emergency, the tray would be a hazard to everyone passing.

A tray in the passageway blocks wheelchairs and scooters. People using either would have to go around the other way.

There's at least two good reasons why trays should never be left in the passageway:

In the unlikely event of emergency, the tray would be a hazard to everyone passing.

A tray in the passageway blocks wheelchairs and scooters. People using either would have to go around the other way.

I guessing you didn't read all what I said or didn't understand me. I gave them several hours to pick up my tray and called them twice. I didn't want to be woken up at midnight and answer the door while wearing my nightgown. BTW the uneaten portions (meat) on the tray were starting to smell, meats usually start to smelling without refrigeration.

I ordered room service twice and both times it took just over 30 minutes. I had no complains. However, the 1st time I had to call three for them to pick up the tray and it was close to midnight before they came. The second time after calling twice I just sat the tray outside my door (which is a no-no, but it was late and I was ready for bed). For those who don't know what I'm talking about: When you order room service there is a note saying to call and have your tray picked up. They say do not place the tray outside your door.

Debbie

Thanks JRT5000

Every night the Lido Restaurant it is open for casual dinner 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm and then starting at 10:30 they are open for light snack. The closing times for light snack varies between 11:00 pm and 12:30 am. (My opinion is Eroudam's "buffet" is 100% better and 90% larger than Princess')

The lido pool was open daily 7:00 am - 10:00 pm

Happy Sailing,

Debbie

Thanks Debbie.

You are a dynamite lady!!

I guessing you didn't read all what I said or didn't understand me.

You are guessing incorrectly. I did read everything, and I do understand what your situation was. I was not finding fault with you; if anything, I was finding fault with HAL's service in this instance.

That said, you did have other options besides putting the tray in the passageway.

And I was explaining to those who casually put a tray in the passageway, regardless of time of day, that there are some very good reasons not to do this.

Archived